over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macro choices when dieting

If you are 7-8% bf then i cant imagine you have much bodyfat to lose at all. Cycling is the best way to go i feel and have found. This helps with insulin sensitivity big time and also works great with energy levels and is a very easy way to diet.

Remember something a lot of the results you make depends on the situation you are in, how much have you been eating lately? Are you starting a blast or on a cruise? Are you adding cardio, extra days of weights etc..

Also personally for me, if you are not competing where you need every single advantage you can get.....I would not follow something I dislike, if you do not like low carb dieting then just try carb cycling or playing around with your macro / workouts / cardio so you can eat more carbs. It really is not worth following something you don't enjoy, this is meant to be a lifestyle that you can enjoy not something you have to motivate yourself to do because you hate it.

I know chaps who use intermittent fasting to get very lean, low carb diets to get very lean, high carb diets to get very lean, if it fit yours macros to get lean.....there are many ways to get lean, get in contest shape though is a different thing all together and that is pretty much when its time to hire a coach so you don't need to worry.

If your really that low I don't see the need to ask these questions ? How did you get there?

If your really that low I don't see the need to ask these questions ? How did you get there?

I got there by dieting for 6 weeks on low carbs which works great. The results were good but i feel its not sustainable. Its not something i would do long term. During the duration of the diet, i was weaker, lack of motivation and drive, and unhappy.

So i'm thinking of changing things up by incorporating high carbs while keeping my total calories intake a day the same.

Don't get me wrong, the previous diet plan that got me to 7-8% was fantastic. It worked so well.

If you are 7-8% bf then i cant imagine you have much bodyfat to lose at all. Cycling is the best way to go i feel and have found. This helps with insulin sensitivity big time and also works great with energy levels and is a very easy way to diet.

Remember something a lot of the results you make depends on the situation you are in, how much have you been eating lately? Are you starting a blast or on a cruise? Are you adding cardio, extra days of weights etc..

Also personally for me, if you are not competing where you need every single advantage you can get.....I would not follow something I dislike, if you do not like low carb dieting then just try carb cycling or playing around with your macro / workouts / cardio so you can eat more carbs. It really is not worth following something you don't enjoy, this is meant to be a lifestyle that you can enjoy not something you have to motivate yourself to do because you hate it.

I know chaps who use intermittent fasting to get very lean, low carb diets to get very lean, high carb diets to get very lean, if it fit yours macros to get lean.....there are many ways to get lean, get in contest shape though is a different thing all together and that is pretty much when its time to hire a coach so you don't need to worry.

U got a good point.

Its experimenting and seeing if there are other ways to achieve the same goal. Its all about experimenting.

Some how carbs makes me happy. Low carbs can make me depress.

How does your body works? U must carb cycle then.

250 protein,100 net carbs,100 fat works great for me.

I feel horrible on low carbs but gives me the best results..

I usually keep them around my workout (40-50g pre w/o and 40-60g post) and the rest of the day I can usually deal with it..

Low carbs may work fine but feels like shit.

I'm starting to get frustrated with this whole low carbs dieting.

The first 6 weeks was fine with me until now.

I'm no newb, I know how glycogen and water weight works ;)

Here's another one to wrap your head around. I did one month IF and lost 20lbs scale weight, but increased PR in several lifts and actually put size on my arms and chest. I even have a thread on here about that with pictures. That was all done in a caloric deficit. And without chemical enhancement. It's quite interesting the hormonal pathways, and metabolic effects that can be manipulated with nutrition.

IMHO, the whole calories in calories out theory is like comparing HP numbers to see which car is fast. It doesn't take into consideration torque, drag, gearing, area under the curve, etc. Of course it's true if you eat less calories than you burn you will lose 'scale weight'. But to improve your physique, lose body fat while maintaining muscle, it's not that simple. Otherwise everyone would be huge and shredded.

Funny you should Say about fasting. I dieted into Christmas period and lost control for about a week. Became a combination of binge eating shit and emergency fasting. Strength shot up and I leaned up slightly more. Had to throw a 36 hour fast in after boxing day to undo some damage then trained back on just a whey shake. Hit personal best on dead lift and trained like a fucking beast. Must have eating over 12000 calories Christmas day. Half a large Christmas cake in one sitting followed up with a shit ton of chocolate and biscuits. All after christmas diner lol. Happy memory's but I'm back on the waggon now and with the fasting i came out ahead some how:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Funny you should Say about fasting. I dieted into Christmas period and lost control for about a week. Became a combination of binge eating shit and emergency fasting. Strength shot up and I leaned up slightly more. Had to throw a 36 hour fast in after boxing day to undo some damage then trained back on just a whey shake. Hit personal best on dead lift and trained like a fucking beast. Must have eating over 12000 calories Christmas day. Half a large Christmas cake in one sitting followed up with a shit ton of chocolate and biscuits. All after christmas diner lol. Happy memory's but I'm back on the waggon now and with the fasting i came out ahead some how:)

:D how many days of fasting did you need to undo that christmas spree ? lol.

:D how many days of fasting did you need to undo that christmas spree ? lol.

Not as Many as you'd think. I've always been a big responder to cheat meals/dats as they ramp fuck out of my metabolism. Did the 36 hours after boxing day and another 24 which I broke with about 2000 calories pre bed from sweet potato steak eggs and beans. Gonna keep one in once a week though for a while so when I train and after working a 12 hour shift i haven't got a days food withing me down. Just a whey and water shake pre and a nice big steak egg and sweet potato post workout meal. Train much better semi fasted, a lot stronger

Hey Sammy any chance the fasting is one of the reasons you binge eat?

You need Protein AND fats in your diet.

Those are essential.

Just carb cycle after that or go Low carb for days then carb up every now and then, but keep protein and fats high.

Hey Sammy any chance the fasting is one of the reasons you binge eat?

No. I generally don't fast these days and haven't in about a year. When I did though aspitite was well under Control. It's when I eat a calorie deficit 7 days a week the problems start. I fucked up before Christmas by pushing last 2v weeks of cut too hard and using cheat meals. I should have stopped cutting 2 weeks before Christmas and normalised with hindsight. The fasting was just a get out off jail measure for Christmas that worked really well and combined with the big eating and intense workouts have me a nice rebound. It was pure fluke but post Christmas I'm looking my best yet:)

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner