advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you Experience insulin users utilize Humalog on refeed day when dieting?

La_pantera

Registered
Hi guys

I am currently on a pre contest diet, doing 1 high carb day a week and want to use insulin on that day to utilize the carbs better since my body just burns
trough everything.

my diet is
small muscle groups: 4 medium days 175g
Rest day: 2 low days 50g
Leg day: 1 high day 700g

Would really like to hear from experience user how you use Insulin/humalog during a refeed day during contest prep/cutting phase?

Ex Meal 1, 3, 5 and what dosage you think is best to start with?

My refeed day is 700g carbs i want to use insulin on those days to test out to see how my body react to slin during refeed/high carb day.

Not asking for a protocol or anything like that just some tips how to use it best.

My idea was:

Meal 1: 5iu humalog with 150g carbs - 20g protein

Meal 3: 5iu humalog with 150g carbs - 20g protein

Meal 5 (pre workout): 5iu humalog with 150g carbs - 20g protein

Does carb sources really matter or is it best to mix Glucose/fructose 50/50.

Appreciate some feedback and tips. I am not a pro on insulin but used it many times post and pre workout but never during refeed.

Hi guys

I am currently on a pre contest diet, doing 1 high carb day a week and want to use insulin on that day to utilize the carbs better since my body just burns
trough everything.

my diet is
small muscle groups: 4 medium days 175g
Rest day: 2 low days 50g
Leg day: 1 high day 700g

Would really like to hear from experience user how you use Insulin/humalog during a refeed day during contest prep/cutting phase?

Ex Meal 1, 3, 5 and what dosage you think is best to start with?

My refeed day is 700g carbs i want to use insulin on those days to test out to see how my body react to slin during refeed/high carb day.

Not asking for a protocol or anything like that just some tips how to use it best.

My idea was:

Meal 1: 5iu humalog with 150g carbs - 20g protein

Meal 3: 5iu humalog with 150g carbs - 20g protein

Meal 5 (pre workout): 5iu humalog with 150g carbs - 20g protein

Does carb sources really matter or is it best to mix Glucose/fructose 50/50.

Appreciate some feedback and tips. I am not a pro on insulin but used it many times post and pre workout but never during refeed.
If you are burning through your carbs then your diet is simply too low in calories or you need multiple high carb days (higher calories), insulin is not the answer your looking for, you are burning through those carbs because you are in such an energy deficit.

If you are burning through your carbs then your diet is simply too low in calories or you need multiple high carb days (higher calories), insulin is not the answer your looking for, you are burning through those carbs because you are in such an energy deficit.
even on high days my carbs are at 850g it dont fill up me 1%. weird

when you are depleted of glycogen - one day of even very high carbs will not replenish your glycogen stores, you need 3-4 days of high carbs

After all, carbs and insulin alone won't do anything, you also need more water and sodium for glycogen to load up
No offense Luki, Insulin will help super compensate muscle glycogen storage if enough carbs are consumed and high blood flow. There's no ifs or buts about it. Insulin will attach to the insulin receptor where glut 1 and 4 do there job getting the glycogen in. Obviously people drink water all day so it's not like the individual is not drinking water. We're talking here about glycogen loading.

You do not need sodium for glycogen to load. Again you're talking about sodium as in what? Taking extra sodium for glycogen to load?

1 g of glycogen can hold up to 3 grams of intracellular water.

The whole idea of insulin and glycogen in general is to make ATP for muscle energy.

The body only cares about what it needs.
Muscle at rest will not deplete glycogen because muscle glycogen is not used to influence blood sugar. It's only use is for the mitochondria to function via ATP production.

Exogenous or endogenous insulin + carbs+ blood flow is all you need to replenish or supercompensate muscle glycogen.

Now add in amino acids and you get protein synthesis. A lot of people don't know that ingesting protein causes insulin release as well.

If you want to stay full all day and try to grow:
GH + Insulin+ carbs + Amino acids and obviously AAS. To even make things more anabolic, add T3 to the stack.

If any of you haven't tried insulin try taking your dose with every meal with a bolus GH shit in the morning and T3 as well. I promise you will stay full as fuck all day long.

Now for best glycogen compensation especially if you're working out hard or twice a day you need at least 8 to 10 grams of carbs per kilogram of body weight.

If you're not using insulin you might need 3 days to restore glycogen in the muscle.

Some argue that targeted insulin injections are better than systemic ones, however I tend to disagree. Shooting insulin in the muscle surly will expose that muscle briefly to extra insulin but only briefly, as the insulin will recirculate through the entire body.

when you are depleted of glycogen - one day of even very high carbs will not replenish your glycogen stores, you need 3-4 days of high carbs

After all, carbs and insulin alone won't do anything, you also need more water and sodium for glycogen to load up
@luki7788 is correct ^^^

@luki7788 is correct ^^^
Sure sure. On this forum at times it's all science and at times it's bro science.
I have a university degree and know more science about that shit than most of you. Science is science. B-Boy don't embarrass yourself. Any one saying sodium is necessary to load glycogen is either confused or told something that is not true. Again I ask sodium as in what?
Obviously sodium, potassium, magnesium etc.. are all important for the body And the body already has sodium from our diet.

Now if anyone is saying you need EXTR Sodium for glycogen reload, then they have no idea what Thier talking about. All the electrolytes are within us already and you do NOT need the extra sodium to influence Insulin, Glycogen Synthase, Glut1 nor Glut4. Lol pathetic

Sure sure. On this forum at times it's all science and at times it's bro science.
I have a university degree and know more science about that shit than most of you. Science is science. B-Boy don't embarrass yourself. Any one saying sodium is necessary to load glycogen is either confused or told something that is not true. Again I ask sodium as in what?
Obviously sodium, potassium, magnesium etc.. are all important for the body And the body already has sodium from our diet.

Now if anyone is saying you need EXTR Sodium for glycogen reload, then they have no idea what Thier talking about. All the electrolytes are within us already and you do NOT need the extra sodium to influence Insulin, Glycogen Synthase, Glut1 nor Glut4. Lol pathetic
theory and practice - I can't count how many times I've seen a competitor load 1000 or more grams of carbs for 2 days, but at the same time reduce water and sodium intake and go on stage flat as a pancake - after the competition he drank a lot of water, ate pizza dinner and suddenly he started to look like he had just done a workout and was about to explode from a muscle pump

and sodium is needed for blood pressure - when we have too little of it our veins become thread thin and literally sink into the body

and if you think that you have all the necessary minerals in you before the competition and you don't need extra sodium and water, then with all due respect it means that you have never been prepared for a competition in your life and you don't know what it's like to be at an extremely low level of body fat - the body then behaves completely differently than on a daily basis - the theorist will never prepare anyone well for going on stage

As Luki and bboy stated. Insulin isn’t the answer here

Your body will be so sensitive you’re gonna be absorbing all those carbs anyway.

Heavy sodium, high water intake. I would probably split the 700 carb days into 2 400-500 carbs days. A lot of people use high days to just stuff there mouth and fuck up there digestion and training because they are so stuffed with food

Not the answer, especially if your high day isn’t filling you out. If you get overly flat there is a point of no return

Relax.
Yes all you need is slin to load glycogen, but If you want anyyyy semblance of a decent look (we are talking BBing here, not science for science’s sake) then you neeeed water and sodium along with those carbs. I’m gonna echo what Luki said in that this is painfully obvious if you compete.

As Luki and bboy stated. Insulin isn’t the answer here

Your body will be so sensitive you’re gonna be absorbing all those carbs anyway.

Heavy sodium, high water intake. I would probably split the 700 carb days into 2 400-500 carbs days. A lot of people use high days to just stuff there mouth and fuck up there digestion and training because they are so stuffed with food

Not the answer, especially if your high day isn’t filling you out. If you get overly flat there is a point of no return
ONCE AGAIN......correct! 💯

I have to say after trials and errors with sodium in and sodium out during carb up i totaly agree with luki and bboy. especially guys drink 2 gallon water and lower sodium and carb up 🤔 hyponatremia. Yes on paper you can load without extra sodium but in real life nothing will make you more flat if you cut sodium or even lower it and carb up. you may DRY out. but full for sure no. will try 2 high days in row instead see if it works better.

I know you need alot of water and sodium but why arent anyone mention you need alot of potassium to stored the glycogen inside the muscle or when you load with insulin it already increase potassium in the body?

and when you say high sodium to load what amount we talking about 3000-4000mg or much higher?

keep the answers coming guys very informative answers 🙏

I have to say after trials and errors with sodium in and sodium out during carb up i totaly agree with luki and bboy. especially guys drink 2 gallon water and lower sodium and carb up 🤔 hyponatremia. Yes on paper you can load without extra sodium but in real life nothing will make you more flat if you cut sodium or even lower it and carb up. you may DRY out. but full for sure no. will try 2 high days in row instead see if it works better.

I know you need alot of water and sodium but why arent anyone mention you need alot of potassium to stored the glycogen inside the muscle or when you load with insulin it already increase potassium in the body?

and when you say high sodium to load what amount we talking about 3000-4000mg or much higher?

keep the answers coming guys very informative answers 🙏
Your normal sodium levels are sufficient, when you are carb loading you are usually pushing water high causing you to excrete more sodium and other electrolytes.

Cutting sodium was the worse thing I ever did when I first started bodybuilding then I got prepped by Justin Harris in 2005 and got schooled.

Your normal sodium levels are sufficient, when you are carb loading you are usually pushing water high causing you to excrete more sodium and other electrolytes.

Cutting sodium was the worse thing I ever did when I first started bodybuilding then I got prepped by Justin Harris in 2005 and got schooled.
exactly big boy same that happen ro be was peeled to the bone but flat. but lets say your normal levels are 5000 mg and your water is high wouldent that cause you to excrete most of the sodium and electrolytes making it harder to carb up? would not increase sodium during load benefit more since water is so high you wont risk of holding water but easier to transport glucose trough the sodium thats not being diluted. excuse me if it sounds stupid some way.

exactly big boy same that happen ro be was peeled to the bone but flat. but lets say your normal levels are 5000 mg and your water is high wouldent that cause you to excrete most of the sodium and electrolytes making it harder to carb up? would not increase sodium during load benefit more since water is so high you wont risk of holding water but easier to transport glucose trough the sodium thats not being diluted. excuse me if it sounds stupid some way.
Man it's a fine balance, don't be afraid of sodium during loading! The last 3 weeks before a show you should be drinking a high amount of water daily and you should be taking in a decent amount of sodium, try your best to keep those levels the last couple days before stage....yes if you increase water and your urinating even more than usual then yes you are going to have slightly increase sodium and other electrolytes. I ALWAYS take pedialite to shows with me in case I start cramping or just need to add some electrolytes in.

Man it's a fine balance, don't be afrNejaid of sodium during loading! The last 3 weeks before a show you should be drinking a high amount of water daily and you should be taking in a decent amount of sodium, try your best to keep those levels the last couple days before stage....yes if you increase water and your urinating even more than usual then yes you are going to have slightly increase sodium and other electrolytes. I ALWAYS take pedialite to shows with me in case I start cramping or just need to add some electrolytes in.
no no never been afraid of sodium opposite i like high sodium.

here is an example 1 week out from my last show zero carbs, depleted, 2 galloon water, 10.000mg sodium. Dry and full.
then manipulation started aldactone, lower water and all veins and fullness was gone

90655451_10157997212966093_6839784879723380736_n.jpg

no no never been afraid of sodium opposite i like high sodium.

here is an example 1 week out from my last show zero carbs, depleted, 2 galloon water, 10.000mg sodium. Dry and full.

View attachment 177606
Your problem could also not be a carb thing but a water thing! If you are losing fullness after being zero carbs then you have probably pulled too much water from the intra-muscular, this happens more often than not when using diuretics.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner