over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin Flatness

bigzzz

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer

At 40:30 they talk about metformin causing flatness in people, I personally haven't heard/experienced this before. Anyone here does?

Also they prefer berberine/sema over metformin, what is your choice and why?

Bigzzzz- your weekly post. Honestly this one isn't too bad! Getting better!

I didn't listen to what Scott and Andrew had to say yet but I feel Metformin does work decent in a surplus otherwise it will flatten you out.

For me, even with the XR version there is still a 2-3 week "adjustment" period where you should not trust a fart. Especially at your girlfriends.

I prefer to rotate 600mg r-ALA and Magnesium glycerinate 200mg with meals 1,3,5 and then 1200mg Ceylon cinnamon with 2,4,6.

No digestive issues with the above and it keeps postprandial BG in a good spot.

On a side note: I do have a few friends that really like Metformin and swears it keeps them leaner.

I can't say I've ever gotten flat from it. Heavy dieting and tren/mast will make me flat but I don't run metformin with tren as my fasting glucose with tren is taken to low levels anyway.

I’ve heard Andrew say this before. I’ve never experienced it myself, and quiet honestly I can’t see any logical reason/explanation behind it.

Better insulin sensitivity = better nutrient partitioning = fuller muscles.

Yea I’m not sure why Andrew is so anti Metformin. I can tell you he’s never put it in my plan. Part of this might be because he’s a big proponent of insulin usage to combat BG issues.

I’ve heard Andrew say this before. I’ve never experienced it myself, and quiet honestly I can’t see any logical reason/explanation behind it.

Better insulin sensitivity = better nutrient partitioning = fuller muscles.
You can't see any logical reason behind it?

When your body is more sensitive to insulin the insulin works better. When insulin works better it's easier for nutrients to get where we want them to go. When it's easier for nutrients to get where we want them to go the muscles are fuller because they have more water, glycogen, and aminos in them.

When your body is more sensitive to insulin the insulin works better. When insulin works better it's easier for nutrients to get where we want them to go. When it's easier for nutrients to get where we want them to go the muscles are fuller because they have more water, glycogen, and aminos in them.
Yes but that is the opposite of what andrew says right?

Since metformin is improving insulin sensitivity it should make you full. He says it flattens out people.

I can’t see logic behind Andrew’s statement… are you agreeing with me?

I see can’t see any logical reason behind why metformin would make you appear flat. Apologies if my phrasing was confusing, I meant I couldn’t see logic behind Andrew’s statement, not logic behind why it doesn’t happen to me. To me it only makes logical sense that it’d do the opposite.

Bigzzzz- your weekly post. Honestly this one isn't too bad! Getting better!

I didn't listen to what Scott and Andrew had to say yet but I feel Metformin does work decent in a surplus otherwise it will flatten you out.

For me, even with the XR version there is still a 2-3 week "adjustment" period where you should not trust a fart. Especially at your girlfriends.

I prefer to rotate 600mg r-ALA and Magnesium glycerinate 200mg with meals 1,3,5 and then 1200mg Ceylon cinnamon with 2,4,6.

No digestive issues with the above and it keeps postprandial BG in a good spot.

On a side note: I do have a few friends that really like Metformin and swears it keeps them leaner.
Thank you ;)...

So you agree with Andrew metformin(when maintenance/below maintenance) will flatten you out? Any idea why?

It seems like people who make YouTube videos are given more credibility than a random poster on one of these boards. I don't watch many of these videos but given the dumb dick stuff many have said, I believe that credibility is misplaced. Not talking about this guy or anyone specific but in general.

I would guess the it's the possible blocking of absorbing carbs.

That would be my best educated guess. Due to it being a glucose disposal agent, you won’t be absorbing as many carbs as you have logged. That said, I’ve never gotten truly “flat” while on AAS + GH, let, let alone insulin.

I would guess the it's the possible blocking of absorbing carbs.
I’ve never seen anything saying it actually blocks carbohydrate absorption, though I die believe it inhibits gluconeogenesis to a degree. But I really wouldn’t imagine that’d make you flat with adequate carb intake.

This is just from what I’ve researched though, could be off.

Oh it definitely does, there's plenty of studies proving it beyond doubt.
Interesting, I thought it only reduced circulating blood glucose but not actually blocked carbohydrate absorption. Good to know…

Interesting, I thought it only reduced circulating blood glucose but not actually blocked carbohydrate absorption. Good to know…
Coincidentally, this is also the cause of its well known gastrointestinal adverse effects (carbohydrates malabsorption in the intestines can trigger diarrhea).

I texted Andrew about this. He’s pretty busy at the Universe this weekend but he said he’d address the topic next week. Also said that the absorption issues mentioned above are part of why he doesn’t recommend its use.

From Andrew

“I think metformin causes more a flattening effect probably due to its enhanced effect at increasing amp kinase. Good for sensitivity, not good for muscle protein synthesis as it blunts the effect of mTOR. I think it must blunt mTOR more so than berberine does because they have the same mechanism of action more or less.. I dont know if that flatness is more so due to the increased digestive stress (dumping) where glucose just inst even absorbed in the small intestine or there is some other mechanism that I am not considering but I just think dose for dose it causes more flatness from looking at pics of self and others”

He will also address berberine vs metformin in more detail on the upcoming podcast with Scott.

From Andrew

“I think metformin causes more a flattening effect probably due to its enhanced effect at increasing amp kinase. Good for sensitivity, not good for muscle protein synthesis as it blunts the effect of mTOR. I think it must blunt mTOR more so than berberine does because they have the same mechanism of action more or less.. I dont know if that flatness is more so due to the increased digestive stress (dumping) where glucose just inst even absorbed in the small intestine or there is some other mechanism that I am not considering but I just think dose for dose it causes more flatness from looking at pics of self and others”

He will also address berberine vs metformin in more detail on the upcoming podcast with Scott.

This is interesting. I’m gonna ask my coach Austin Stout about it too when i see him this week and see what he says about it. Him and Andrew are both very smart.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws