over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

metformin

JustWannaBeHuge

FOUNDING Member / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm waiting for some now, so my question is for those that have used it.

I took my last slin dose on Monday, the metformin should be here either before or right after christmas.

My pln is to use metformin for about a week (maybe week and a half) daily, then hop back on slin, taking the metformin only on non slin days.

For those that have used it, how well did it work? How much did you decrease your slin by while taking metformin?

example, if taking 20 two-3 times daily before metformin, did you decrease the slin amount while taking metformin? or keep it the same while feeling the impact of the same amount of slin more?

I've used it and didn't notice a difference. Used fairly high doses too (and low, experimented with both). It gave me the shits the first 3 days big time, but that goes away.

thanks.

damn, hope i didn't waste my money. oh well, I'll try it out and see if anything happens.

thanks.

damn, hope i didn't waste my money. oh well, I'll try it out and see if anything happens.

It's normally really cheap anyways so it doesn't hurt to use it. Some people really like it. At the same time, it's not really something you are even supposed to "notice" since it's intended to increase insulin sensitivity. I have heard it could lower IGF levels though, which I am unsure whether it's true or false.

I used it for about a week or 2 before giving up on it due to it also giving my the runs. I believe I was taking the extended release type at 1000mg at night. Other then that I don't have much to say on it.

I've used it and didn't notice a difference. Used fairly high doses too (and low, experimented with both). It gave me the shits the first 3 days big time, but that goes away.

I think do fasted am cardio and eom no carbs are better at increasing insulin sensitivity and much faster too. It will also drop slot if bloat this way as well.

If you plan on using metformin long term, occasionally check your Folate/B12 levels and homocysteine levels. Some people have a MTHFR mutations defect and not realise this. These variant type's may increase homocysteine levels due to the decreased amounts of methylcobalamin and methylfolate. Hyperhomocysteinemia greatly increases the likelihood of DVT (Deep vein thrombosis), pulmonary embolism, stroke, ect. Throw other prothrombotic compounds/conditions in the mix ie; Sleep apnea, AAS, Thyroid hormones, Stims, dehydration ect... Obviously, grim consequences.

I'm not throwing this out to detour you from taking Metformin, it's a great drug. With or without insulin. A lot of longevity physicians are recommending it.

Rather a public service announcement:)

If you plan on using metformin long term, occasionally check your Folate/B12 levels and homocysteine levels. Some people have a MTHFR mutations defect and not realise this. These variant type's may increase homocysteine levels due to the decreased amounts of methylcobalamin and methylfolate. Hyperhomocysteinemia greatly increases the likelihood of DVT (Deep vein thrombosis), pulmonary embolism, stroke, ect. Throw other prothrombotic compounds/conditions in the mix ie; Sleep apnea, AAS, Thyroid hormones, Stims, dehydration ect... Obviously, grim consequences.

I'm not throwing this out to detour you from taking Metformin, it's a great drug. With or without insulin. A lot of longevity physicians are recommending it.

Rather a public service announcement:)

Thank you much Stewie! I actually plan to get new blood work after the 1st of January once my insurance switches over to a new better plan, then again around my birthday in March. It's appreciated!

Thank you much Stewie! I actually plan to get new blood work after the 1st of January once my insurance switches over to a new better plan, then again around my birthday in March. It's appreciated!

Great idea on getting blood work. I'll be 49 March 1st :)

Not sure if you're taking any niacin, as niacin also can increase homocysteine levels. The combination of Metformin and niacin can have a negative effect on keeping homocysteine levels at bay.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws