over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MOVIES to WATCH

Saw Barbie and Oppenheimer this week.

Oppenheimer was excellent with regard to it's technical aspects... Cinematography, casting, score, acting. But it's plot and message is basically trash. It's rather self-righteous and elitist, and soaking with Nietzschian ideology. Oppenheimer is a piece of shit but we are told his moral failings are the price to pay for his genius. He is the ubermensch and all us simpletons should look up to him as a prophet. His wife, who is an even bigger piece of shit than he is, redeems herself by pointing out Oppenheimer's one true flaw: his willingness to undergo humble self-sacrifice. Christopher Nolan casts scientists as the prophets of humanity, and everytime a scientist appears in the movie he makes sure to name drop. He wants us to know that he is smart and that these characters were important figures in world history that we should be fangirl about. But Nolan's own scientific understanding seems niave at best as evidenced by the flippant way his script dismisses the idea that causality underlies quantum physics, as if that was a basically foolish position that no one should take seriously.

Barbie, on the other hand, apparently got a bad rap as excessively feminist, when in reality one of the main messages of the movie is that a matriarchy would be as bad as a patriarchy, and that women shouldn't pursue equality to the point of diminishing malehood.

Movies today suck. Nothing but propaganda disguised as entertainment.
it's not new, but one recommendation i have if you like horror movies: "The Witch"
You make an excellent point and I do agree 100%, I have not been to the theater in years and will not give my $$$ to failed Hollywood.

I'm watching Alien: Covenant currently. The sequel to Prometheus. Highly recommend, especially if you're into the Alien franchise.

The Covenant… Hands down one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. Since it’s based off of true events it makes it more impressive.

Cage
Yep! I saw that one in the theater too! I really enjoyed it.

If you haven’t seen The Barbarian, that’s one I would recommend. Don’t even watch the trailer. It’ll be a lot better if you don’t know any of the details. I hate it when previews give away too much of the movie!

Knock on the Cabin Door

i was skeptical but found myself not able to turn it off. stayed up late to finnish it. really good movie.
Dave Bautista is a legit great actor.

Saw "Haunted Mansion" today. Great cast. Cute little movie. Weird release date though. Definitely should have come out around Halloween. I think they must have been forced to release in the Summer for some reason.

Saw "Haunted Mansion" today. Great cast. Cute little movie. Weird release date though. Definitely should have come out around Halloween. I think they must have been forced to release in the Summer for some reason.
It's crazy - we already have a Spirit Halloween store set up in my neighborhood and my grocery store had Halloween candy out this week.

Just watched "the harder they fall" on Netflix.

Pretty entertaining movie. It's in the genre of a western but it's something in between Quentin Tarantino and Jordan Peele in terms of style.

Tried to watch the new MI.

Walked out half way through.

All carbs, no protein 🙁

Teenage mutant ninja turtles - good movie, kinda cute, not amazing, but good

Blue beetle - better than it is getting credit for.. maybe a little bit slow in one or two parts... Worth watching

Strays - pretty funny, hilarious movie, great cast, about some dogs on an adventure to go bite a guys dick off

Just saw "bottoms"

Thought it might be good based on the preview and Marshawn Lynch being in the cast

It's an over the top comedy, almost like "scary movie" was

Seems like it was written the way a teenage lesbian girl would narrate a dream she had or a dramatized version of high school

And that's exactly what it is

Has enough funny and ridiculous scenes to watch once

Teenage mutant ninja turtles - good movie, kinda cute, not amazing, but good

Blue beetle - better than it is getting credit for.. maybe a little bit slow in one or two parts... Worth watching

Strays - pretty funny, hilarious movie, great cast, about some dogs on an adventure to go bite a guys dick off
I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I agreed to see Strays. There’s some parts in that movie that really caught me off guard 😂

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackplace
NapsGear