over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Moving to Florida

method2madness

Registered
I am considering relocating my family to Florida. THis has nothing to do with bodybuilding and everything to do with lifestyle concerns. Anyone on her live in Florida and can give me some insight in to property taxes and car insurance? It will likely be to northern florida to be closer to my parents.

I lived in the Orlando area for the majority of my life. Housing and property taxes are dirt cheap, as is car insurance. There's no state income tax. My whole family is still there, so I visit a lot.

It's hot and humid almost all year, so you'll have to get used to it. Salaries for technology jobs (my field) are a lot lower there compared to California. Cannabis is still illegal, which is a dealbreaker for me. I might move back someday once the prohibition laws are gone.

I lived in the Orlando area for the majority of my life. Housing and property taxes are dirt cheap, as is car insurance. There's no state income tax.

It's hot and humid almost all year, so you'll have to get used to it. Salaries for technology jobs (my field) are a lot lower there . Cannabis is still illegal. I might move back someday once the prohibition laws are gone.
Mostly this.

No mountainous terrain. Some damn good oranges. Northern/central has a lot more rural space. Still nice. No seasons. There's summer, summer light, and light winter. Deepest of winter can get into about the 40's up there but that's all.

Come to Miami. How latinas and you can bang my girl.

Where about in NE Florida?

I'd 10000% advise to live as close to the coast as you can. I am in Tampa Bay (St. Pete or Seminole if you want to get accurate). I'm very biased.. we have some amazing gyms over here and a pretty big bodybuilding community + I prefer the beaches on this coast vs East Coast. For sure depends on what you are looking for.

Property taxes in the county I live in range from 1.6ish to low 2% - depending on the city you are in (Pinellas County). Car insurance is around $200/month for 2 cars.

I live in South Florida (Boca Raton/Delray Beach) and I love it. Grew up here, left for a few years and then made my way back. It's not cheap, but the quality of life is great. I def second that if you're going to move to Florida you should def be living close to the beach.

I'm not sure about % since the county appraisal and bank appraisal are different, but I pay 10k a year in taxes on a 750k house. My auto insurance on my Sierra Denali is $175 a month for full coverage.

Thanks for all the input, while I'm not sure if I'm going to move yet I do know that if I do it will be in the northern gulf coast area. One thing is for sure Jersey is a shit place to raise a family. I'm born and raised here and it gets' worse every year and I'd like to move in the next 3-4 years.

Where about in NE Florida?

I'd 10000% advise to live as close to the coast as you can. I am in Tampa Bay (St. Pete or Seminole if you want to get accurate). I'm very biased.. we have some amazing gyms over here and a pretty big bodybuilding community + I prefer the beaches on this coast vs East Coast. For sure depends on what you are looking for.

Property taxes in the county I live in range from 1.6ish to low 2% - depending on the city you are in (Pinellas County). Car insurance is around $200/month for 2 cars.

I’m in St. Pete myself. Moved down from NY 15 years ago. Took a lot of getting used to: heat and humidity, asshole drivers (yes, worse than NY), people and culture are different - slower and more of an I only care about me attitude. But now, I can’t picture myself living anywhere else. No state income tax, reasonable real estate and taxes, I’m no more than 20 minute from half a dozen beaches, car insurance is more reasonable, I flourished in my career, etc. schools are not great if you’re a parent, but my kids are in private school. It’s different and has its + and - like anywhere else, but I love it. A lot of great gyms as well and hot women who have to be in shape year round.

I'd be worried about hurricanes in Florida as they occur almost yearly there.

I am considering relocating my family to Florida. THis has nothing to do with bodybuilding and everything to do with lifestyle concerns. Anyone on her live in Florida and can give me some insight in to property taxes and car insurance? It will likely be to northern florida to be closer to my parents.

All I can say is..... NOT MIAMI... This place is a shit hole lol... The highest car insurance of anywhere because of all the fraud... Property taxes aren’t terrible depending where you live...

But either way.. I’m dying to leave.. The quality of life here is not good in any facet.. Traffic is insane, literally what takes a 20 minute drive with zero traffic could take 2 hours some days... Especially when school year is regular (not this Covid home school which was a nice break)... Service damn near anywhere is absolutely dog shit, it’s a very “fuck you, me first” place.. Especially if you have kids; if you want the odds of your kids becoming drug addict losers and doing nothing with their lives to sky rocket exponentially, then this is your spot lol....

I'd be worried about hurricanes in Florida as they occur almost yearly there.

Ummm definitely not... We’ve been getting missed for a long long time... Our last “serious” hurricane was in 2017 and didn’t have power for like a day or so and that was in some places but no serious damage at all except some old power lines which were in those places which they’ve since fixed and upgraded for those reasons... But honestly our last major hurricane that had SFL without power and had some damage was Katrina in 05...

I live in Sarasota, about 50+ miles south of Tampa & we're growing like crazy, espically east by the interstate, housing is the boom and has only now begun to level off. So the traffic most speak of is real and will only get worse, Florida is very seasonal it's somthing you'll have to get use to. I would keep this in mind and that's the education for your kids, including college, make your choices wisely. The closer you can get ot Ocala and pints northward the better you are, other than that welcome to Florida! (be prepared to sweat your brains out)

To all the Florida residents/ex residents: Are people really more nuts in Florida?

Seems like that florida man meme took off a few years ago with guys with lost marbles doing interesting things...

To all the Florida residents/ex residents: Are people really more nuts in Florida?

Seems like that florida man meme took off a few years ago with guys with lost marbles doing interesting things...

Yes.... Depending where you are of course... It’s just FL has a lot of crazy laws, I think SFL has the highest of all kinds of fraud (Medicaid, insurance, social security, disability, car accidents etc), gun laws are a joke (basically nonexistent) steroid clinics that give you AAS by the boat load, pain clinics that give you opiates by the truck load, every immigrant in Miami that I know is seeking asylum and faking papers, I know people who are in charge of driving courses and you can just pay them and they’ll pass you and youll get a driver’s license when you present the course at the DMV, same goes for “traffic school” places if you have tickets or suspended license (you can always hustle/bribe your way through something), there’s literally every drug imaginable at least 1 person away, meaning you for sure know someone who knows someone for absolutely anything you need, at least down here, and also down here everyone is partying 24/7, not even joking, you can party in Miami 24 hours a day 7 days a week if you wanted to.. It’s just a shit show in every which way.. I have literally dozens of examples lol just ask me a category. I think FL is “ground zero” for any laws and regulations the rest of the nation passes lol... They see how fucked shit gets here and they build off that...

You want to see examples of some crazy shit just follow “Only In Dade” on Instagram.. You’ll see a bunch of shit lol

Yes.... Depending where you are of course... It’s just FL has a lot of crazy laws, I think SFL has the highest of all kinds of fraud (Medicaid, insurance, social security, disability, car accidents etc), gun laws are a joke (basically nonexistent) steroid clinics that give you AAS by the boat load, pain clinics that give you opiates by the truck load, every immigrant in Miami that I know is seeking asylum and faking papers, I know people who are in charge of driving courses and you can just pay them and they’ll pass you and youll get a driver’s license when you present the course at the DMV, same goes for “traffic school” places if you have tickets or suspended license (you can always hustle/bribe your way through something), there’s literally every drug imaginable at least 1 person away, meaning you for sure know someone who knows someone for absolutely anything you need, at least down here, and also down here everyone is partying 24/7, not even joking, you can party in Miami 24 hours a day 7 days a week if you wanted to.. It’s just a shit show in every which way.. I have literally dozens of examples lol just ask me a category. I think FL is “ground zero” for any laws and regulations the rest of the nation passes lol... They see how fucked shit gets here and they build off that...

You want to see examples of some crazy shit just follow “Only In Dade” on Instagram.. You’ll see a bunch of shit lol

😮 God Damn man

No wonder Dexter was living in Florida lol

Thanks for all the input, while I'm not sure if I'm going to move yet I do know that if I do it will be in the northern gulf coast area. One thing is for sure Jersey is a shit place to raise a family. I'm born and raised here and it gets' worse every year and I'd like to move in the next 3-4 years.

I used to live in Destin Florida years ago. Property can be pricey compared to other places, depends on where you live. Property taxes are based on property values, so that can take a bit of a bite too.

When I lived there bringing an out of state car in state was a $500 title fee, but I am pretty sure they got rid of that. I wouldnt sweat the small stuff like this. No state income tax will make up the difference to a large degree.

That's a beautiful part of the country. There is value in that too. Getting paid in sunshine as a bonus isn't such a bad thing either.

I'm in Vegas now but hope to retire to South Florida on the gulf side eventually.

Anyone from sanibel island Florida? I think I would like to live there, seems very slow and laid back. Unfortunately I think expensive.

I live in South Florida (Boca Raton/Delray Beach) and I love it. Grew up here, left for a few years and then made my way back. It's not cheap, but the quality of life is great. I def second that if you're going to move to Florida you should def be living close to the beach.

I'm not sure about % since the county appraisal and bank appraisal are different, but I pay 10k a year in taxes on a 750k house. My auto insurance on my Sierra Denali is $175 a month for full coverage.
Thats low property tax! Im in Ohio and pay a much higher rate and we dont live in the most exclusive area either, it gets worse than what we pay. You dont have state income tax there either, right? Do you have to pay a tax based on the value of your car each month? I think they do in Kentucky. I think they have a scale that adjusts the cost of your plates each year based on what your car is worth.

I’m in St. Pete myself. Moved down from NY 15 years ago. Took a lot of getting used to: heat and humidity, asshole drivers (yes, worse than NY), people and culture are different - slower and more of an I only care about me attitude. But now, I can’t picture myself living anywhere else. No state income tax, reasonable real estate and taxes, I’m no more than 20 minute from half a dozen beaches, car insurance is more reasonable, I flourished in my career, etc. schools are not great if you’re a parent, but my kids are in private school. It’s different and has its + and - like anywhere else, but I love it. A lot of great gyms as well and hot women who have to be in shape year round.
We love St. Pete Beach. My family has been going there since the 50s. I take my kids now. its nice too because it is only about 1 hour or so from Orlando with all its attractions. If I moved to Florida, thats where I would go.

Reactions: rho

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311