over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My BP is 134/80

Im just curious. Have you ever taken telmisartan( micardis) for blood pressure? If so what sides did you expierence while taking it?

That's one I haven't tried but from listening to some of the guys here I am interested in trying it. Some of the BP meds I have used off the top of my head are: Lisinopril,Bystolic,Clonidine,Tekturna,Coreg,HCTZ

I do everything I can to keep BP low. Unfortunately I'm a lot bigger now. I'm carrying 240 on a heart made to carry 180-200.

A great dane doesn't live as long as a little terrier

BINGO! Your absolutely right! I think this would carry a lot of weight (no pun intended) for almost everyone. My cardiologist noticed a direct correlation with my bodyweight and BP by looking at old records and charts my family doctor had recorded. Every time I was 200+ I had BP issues. Under 200 and my BP was better if not perfect at some instances. At one point a few years ago I got down to 180-185 and was able to take no meds at all and had a perfect BP of 120/70. My doctor simply explained my heart was designed for a guy 185-195lbs and nothing more. I was so skinny, drawn and starved that I only stayed at the 180-185 range for 6 months or so. As I getting older though and still having BP issues I think its time to make some lifestyle changes to get back down to at least under 200 pounds.

That's one I haven't tried but from listening to some of the guys here I am interested in trying it. Some of the BP meds I have used off the top of my head are: Lisinopril,Bystolic,Clonidine,Tekturna,Coreg,HCTZ
May I ask what side effects you experienced from Bystolic, and at what dose did you take it?

May I ask what side effects you experienced from Bystolic, and at what dose did you take it?

I've used it at various dosages from 3-20mg. The side effect that bothers me most with Bystolic is some dizziness. Dosages at 3-5mg I had no sides that I noticed at all but 10mg+ and I had bouts of dizziness quite frequently. Its not severe but just enough to make you feel like somethings not quite right.

I've used it at various dosages from 3-20mg. The side effect that bothers me most with Bystolic is some dizziness. Dosages at 3-5mg I had no sides that I noticed at all but 10mg+ and I had bouts of dizziness quite frequently. Its not severe but just enough to make you feel like somethings not quite right.
Fair enough. I'm personally using it at 7.5mg and saw a slight decrease in BP as well as significantly lower resting heart rate. No sides at that dose. In general, combining different drugs (ARBs, beta blockers, vasodilators(e.g PDE5i), diuretics if needed) at low to moderate doses is the best way to lower blood pressure to target without significant side effects.

Fair enough. I'm personally using it at 7.5mg and saw a slight decrease in BP as well as significantly lower resting heart rate. No sides at that dose. In general, combining different drugs (ARBs, beta blockers, vasodilators(e.g PDE5i), diuretics if needed) at low to moderate doses is the best way to lower blood pressure to target without significant side effects.

Its helped me some as well. It's lowered my diastolic #'s to 70-75 and my pulse @ 55-60 but didn't do much if anything for my systolic #'s
I was on Lisinopril and Bystolic but removed the Lisinopril after we realized it wasn't working for me and I had some issues with lethargy and diarrhea.
My cardiologist just recently added HCTZ in hopes of getting my systolic#'s down so hopefully that's successful.

Its helped me some as well. It's lowered my diastolic #'s to 70-75 and my pulse @ 55-60 but didn't do much if anything for my systolic #'s
I was on Lisinopril and Bystolic but removed the Lisinopril after we realized it wasn't working for me and I had some issues with lethargy and diarrhea.
My cardiologist just recently added HCTZ in hopes of getting my systolic#'s down so hopefully that's successful.
If your problem is systolic hypertension (due to age-related arterial stiffness I would guess), then consuming nitrate rich foods like Beet Roots may help.

The antihypertensive effect of nitrates is well established in chronic hypertension. Earlier studies showed that nitrates cause a selective decrease in SBP over DBP in healthy volunteers as well as in subjects with borderline and sustained essential hypertension
Pulse Pressure, Arterial Stiffness, and Drug Treatment of Hypertension | Hypertension

Drugs that have an effect on NO (e.g. PDE5i) may similarly do the trick.

Apart from NO donors, enhancers of NO production and/or release might be of interest. Recent studies suggest that some compounds, like the diuretic agent cicletanine55 and the selective β1-blocker nebivolol,56,57 may act as enhancers of NO production and/or release with resulting decrease in arterial stiffness

That being said, long-term (low-dose) use of ACEi and ARBs may have a preventative effect in the development/worsening of arterial stiffness, even if they don;t do much initially.

Because angiotensin II stimulates the production of various types of collagen fibers59 together with a number of growth factors,60 converting enzyme inhibition and angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor blockade have been used as pharmacological tools to demonstrate that in vivo, the chronic inhibition of the effects of angiotensin II modifies arterial stiffness.61,62 Antihypertensive doses of the converting-enzyme inhibitor perindopril were shown to prevent the chronic accumulation of aortic collagen, whereas this result is not obtained with the nonspecific vasodilator hydralazine.62 The collagen reduction was noted even with non-antihypertensive doses of perindopril

What would guys recommend to run alongside lisinopril?

^
Hydrochlorothiazide is common in the clinic and sometimes a low dose beta blocker. Really depends on the doctors preference.

That's about what it always is and I was never too worried about it. But I've seen a lot posts here lately saying what a big difference it makes on your health/longevity to really to try keep it under 120/80. I went to the PA today and she acted like i was retarded for being concerned. I said isn't that kind of high? She (arrogantly) said honey, 134 over 80 is completely normal, I do this for a living.

I take citruline, taurine, gw, and tadalafil and it stays at that number regardless of blasting or cruising. So my question is should i get BP meds myself? I was thinking telmisartan

Everyone, not just you...take you BP at home, when you wake up, when you’re relaxed. White coat syndrome is REAL! I would venture to guess that 90% of people score about 5 to 10 points lower on average when they take their reading in the privacy of their own home. Also, take it frequently like three or four times a day for 2 to 3 weeks and average it out.

My BP runs about 110/75 or so. It is only when it gets down to about 90/60 or so that I feel bad. It was down that low at the hospital before and after the operation. I don't know why it was so low. Goes against reason because I was off my beta blocker and ACE inhibitor for 24 hours or more.

Your BP would be considered boarderline now, and in the past it would be considered normal. I would do something to get it down. Is is that high when you are off the juice or is that when you are on? That makes a difference for sure.

Dosage doesn't seem to effect it. I cruise at 140mg most of the year and that's about what it always reads. Right now I'm on 875mg test and 400mg npp (biggest cycle I've done) and it's still the same

Always better to err on the side of caution. Remember, the old man pays for what the young man does.

True. I've seen you post that before and it really stuck with me

I do everything I can to keep BP low. Unfortunately I'm a lot bigger now. I'm carrying 240 on a heart made to carry 180-200.

A great dane doesn't live as long as a little terrier

Shhhhh I have a great Dane :(

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner