over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Necessary to take a multivitamin?

Jake LaMotta

Registered
Is it necessary to take a multivitamin each day? I know they are very cheap and not time consuming to take, but I was just wondering, if you eat 5-6 meals a day, do you really need to take them? Won't you be getting enough vitamins and minerals from the foods (and shakes) you take in each day?

What do you guys think?

I don't really know the answer to your question about getting all the vitamins through food and supplements, but I take one everyday. Don't see any reason not to. thats just me though

I believe multivitamins aid in the utilization of nutrients from the foods we eat. I place multivitamins up high on the list.
JWBH? How was your night? Any luck? ;)

littlemack said:
I believe multivitamins aid in the utilization of nutrients from the foods we eat. I place multivitamins up high on the list.
JWBH? How was your night? Any luck? ;)

It was an interesting night. I met this chick with a few tatoos, and something about a woman with tats that drives me crazy. We're supposed to meet up again most likely on wed night. The only thing I don't like is she's the same height as me lol, call me insecure but I have always gone out with girls like 5'-5'4, they just made my short ass feel oh so much taller lol.

I try to keep my intake of water soluble vitamins high. You lose these faster and most of them play a big role in metabolism.

The truth is NO, you can not get all the nutrients you need just from food, if we took Vitamin E as an example, to get your daily dose of Vitamin E from food you would need to consume 15kg of Spinach every day, or 1kg of almonds, and thats just Vitamin E.
So Yes i would certainly include a daily multi vitamin & multi mineral, and don't go for the cheapest, you want one that is bio-available, so your body can use it, and not just piss it out.

Jake LaMotta said:
Is it necessary to take a multivitamin each day? I know they are very cheap and not time consuming to take, but I was just wondering, if you eat 5-6 meals a day, do you really need to take them? Won't you be getting enough vitamins and minerals from the foods (and shakes) you take in each day?

What do you guys think?

There are variables here: You wont eat the same foods every single day, at the exact time, and you wont know the potency of one food over another in terms of nutrients.

Plus, if you're exercising - or, as in your case, recovering from an injury - your body is using up more vitamins / minerals than normal for repair and growth. So although you're correcting in assuming that you'd get a sufficient amount of vitamins through foods, you'll never be able to gauge an exacting amount of what you're ingesting, unless you take supplements.

;action-sm ;action-sm ;action-sm ;action-sm ;action-sm ;action-sm

Yes. To get all the vitamins and minerals one needs (considering the muscle mass/body growth) as a bodybuilder would take a fantastic diet. There are some people out there who can eat this, or seem to inhale vitamins from the air or something, but most people require that extra boost. My immune system just isn't, but i certainly notice a huge difference even when taking vitamin C, let alone a multivitamin. IMHO its just one of those things that although you don't strictly need, its pretty sensible to have one.

Unless your a vegatarian gremlin who lives in the fruit section of the supermarket.

Last edited:
Take Pre-natal vitamins. Read the label next time your at the store and compare to a regular multi.

Fresh spinach

Is the closest thing to a superfood. It has the most vitamins out of anyother food I can think of.

Jake LaMotta said:

What do you guys think?

Yes,,,definitely one the essential supplement would be a good muti vitamin mineral.

"Take Pre-natal vitamins. Read the label next time your at the store and compare to a regular multi."

Ok man let me explain something to you, Pre-natal's are manufactured and designed for PREGNANT FEMALES not for men....there are things is "most" of these to stimulate estrogen. Keep taking them......not.. :)

Get a timed released multi. Extra C and E for post workout of you which just make sure the Vit E is "d-alpha" and the C is "ester"

there was this documentary about vitamins the other day on them in-flight entertainment menus and i found it very dissapointing... they could not find any real benefits (according to them) in taking a multivit and they even claimed stuff like milk with added vitamins is bad for you ?!?...

there were examples of people who took vitamins religiously and showed no real benefits but the study was not done on athletes and i presonally think a good multi vit should be a part of every diet...try to get your vitamin C from rose hip buds (sp?) and not from ascorbic acid...Alex

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131