over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Netflix documentary “Ronnie Coleman: The King”

I watched it and got tired of feeling sorry for myself. I got a membership at a local gym the very next day. Been lifting 6 days a week now since and feeling more healthy. Eating more healthy too.

That’s awesome Brotha! Good job! 👍

I’ve watched this documentary several times. I find it very motivating! Ronnie trains everyday in constant pain. I love his positive attitude!

That’s awesome Brotha! Good job! 👍

I’ve watched this documentary several times. I find it very motivating! Ronnie trains everyday in constant pain. I love his positive attitude!

& he still looks pretty Damn good for everything he has been through

I also find it motivational, just heartwrenching.

There's a part where Brian looks on the verge of serious tears....and if you know Brian at all, he's not like that.

I also find it motivational, just heartwrenching.

There's a part where Brian looks on the verge of serious tears....and if you know Brian at all, he's not like that.

Man it had me almost in tears watching this. I met him in KC back when he guest posed at the power shack...96 or 97 and he was such a down to earth guy. To see him like that in the film just hurt. I hope things get better for him.

It's also worth noting that the surgery at the end of the documentary didn't' go well and he has had two more since then. He has some permanent nerve damage now also and probably won't walk again.

I know his issues aren't just from the weight, genetics and bad luck are involved, but ultimately, I think Brian is at least somewhat responsible for not teaching him to lift smarter.

It's also worth noting that the surgery at the end of the documentary didn't' go well and he has had two more since then. He has some permanent nerve damage now also and probably won't walk again.

I know his issues aren't just from the weight, genetics and bad luck are involved, but ultimately, I think Brian is at least somewhat responsible for not teaching him to lift smarter.

OMG!! So Ronnie can’t walk now? Wheelchair bound? You know he’ll still train upperbody everyday. I hope he gets the use of his legs back.

I watched this the other night. It is sad but as others have stated it uplifted me. It actually made me want to go to the gym. His positive attitude and love of training inspires me. I actually went to the gym 1-3 am and got back about 3:30am :p

Although whilst there is a genetic component and an earlier injury he has 100% caused this on himself. This isn't just bad luck and bound to happen naturally. He simply doesn't train smart. Even forgetting form when lifting heavy. I mean just common sense things like get hip/back surgery and start training as heavy as possible weeks after major surgery. He has trained himself into a wheelchair. But it hard as he knows no other way and that crazy mindset is what enabled him to take bodybuilding to new heights.

Many may even argue without the heavy training he wouldn't have been the champion he was. Whilst that is true to an extent as LS stated he could have adapted through injuries and lasted much longer and been in a much better position today. But who am I am to state that as he pushed the limits and it's the reason we all still admire him to this day.

Wheel chair bound

This page has a short video showing him getting therapy and trying to walk again.

**broken link removed**

im not going to remove a man's agency

in the documentary, Ronnie said that he slipped a disc doing front squats.. i feel like that would give 99.9% of people some pause..

Yea that's bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

Tail of two different men. On top of the world and now although he has a positive attitude he looks broken. At the end when they ask the other pros if they would trade places with Ronnie right now and have his same career every one of them said no.

At the end when they ask the other pros if they would trade places with Ronnie right now and have his same career every one of them said no.

Ronnie would not change for them either, then, what's the point? :lightbulb:

im not going to remove a man's agency

in the documentary, Ronnie said that he slipped a disc doing front squats.. i feel like that would give 99.9% of people some pause..

Brian is a gym owner, an experienced bodybuilder and trainer. If he saw the potential in Ronnie and gave him the tools to be the best, he also had a responsibility to teach him to do it safely, which I don't think he did. It is still ultimately Ronnies fault and you can't blame Brian, but I do think he could have done a better job.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws