advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

News cast on steriods, but not the usual negitive news cast..

njpooldude

Kilo Klub Member
This was good to hear. First time I have seen this. I think its ridiculous how steriods get a rep as a drug that "kills" you. Like the 70 year old in the video. The man is 70 years old and moving like he is 30 years old! That itself says something and he acts like he is NOT 70.

Last edited:
It's good to see the other side of the story for once. My doctor recently told me that injectable Testosterone causes liver cancer. I politely asked him to give me the source of that study, which of course he couldn't do. I think these guys are brainwashed in medical school to consider anything hormonal bad. What I don't like is that otherwise intelligent, thoughtfull and educated people will make matter-of-fact unsubstantiated claims on this subject. They would never in a million years make a similar claim about any other health issue but on the topic of AAS, they someone presume an open season on the facts using total bullshit as their weapon of choice.

My doctor recently told me that injectable Testosterone causes liver cancer. I politely asked him to give me the source of that study, which of course he couldn't do.

All anabolic steroids and testosterone have that warning in the PDR, which is probably why he said it. Bodybuilders usually think liver cancer/cysts are only associated with orals but there are a few guys on this board who think otherwise and had liver growths while only running injectables. The doc may not have been that far off.

Nice to hear a piece that isn't derrogatory. I like Romano, he seems well educated and very up to speed. I don't really like the magazine, but that's a whole other issue. And that 70 year old definitely doesn't look his age.

Haven't seen that one. Very interesting.

I have seen it before 3 years or so ago.. Romano is a little too far on the other side of the fence.. I do agree that the mainstream media sensationalizes steroids as 'evil' without concrete proof to back up their statements. Steroids have probably not directly killed anyone, but they sure as hell have contributed to health problems in certain abusers. Since there is no direct correlation it's easy for someone like Romano to say "Show me the bodies" and claim that steroids are safe. Steroids are safe for most when used properly, but we all know that bodybuilding is a sport of excess.

great video to shut up the anti steroid doctors and all the people who believe the negative media hype.

All anabolic steroids and testosterone have that warning in the PDR, which is probably why he said it. Bodybuilders usually think liver cancer/cysts are only associated with orals but there are a few guys on this board who think otherwise and had liver growths while only running injectables. The doc may not have been that far off.

Good point. How much of that is genetic though? Also, what other factors may have contributed and what pre-existing conditions, if any, were present? I would argue that Tylenol is far more dangerous for your liver than Test.

The Doc may have been close to the mark. However, such a claim would be analogous to taking the worst possible side effect from a bottle of Robitussin Cough Syrup and highlighting it as a very real possibility even though it only happened to 1 out of 100k people.

No problem... I do believe, like everything else, there is a BIG difference between use, and ABUSE!

I bet i can smoke a joint once a week and have it not effect my life in any way.. ( i do not smoke weed anymore)

But smoke 2 or 3 a day and i will NOT be working out or doing anything productive for that matter. lol

It was really cool to see the news cast guy actually acting like he wasnt against the use of gear in male adults. Wouldl be funny to see him in a recent news cast up 30lbs and riiiiped :D:D

Good point. How much of that is genetic though? Also, what other factors may have contributed and what pre-existing conditions, if any, were present? I would argue that Tylenol is far more dangerous for your liver than Test.

The Doc may have been close to the mark. However, such a claim would be analogous to taking the worst possible side effect from a bottle of Robitussin Cough Syrup and highlighting it as a very real possibility even though it only happened to 1 out of 100k people.

I think there's genetics involved, definitely. And it's true that docs don't put the risks in perspective and don't compare them to other accepted drugs. Steroids are illegal though, and even with legal use there's stigma involved in writing Rx's for them, so that's going to affect how docs talk about them.

IMO you can't really compare the liver toxicity of steroids to something like Tylenol or even alcohol since they exert toxicity through different mechanisms. OD on Tylenol and you could be looking for a liver transplant but OD on steroids and there's not likely to be much risk for acute liver injury.
OTOH, Tylenol is generally safe in prescribed dosages whereas steroids could cause liver problems in prescribed dosages/duration if you have the genetics for it.

However, we'll always have threads were people ask, "what's worse, beer or dbol?" :D

No problem... I do believe, like everything else, there is a BIG difference between use, and ABUSE!

I bet i can smoke a joint once a week and have it not effect my life in any way.. ( i do not smoke weed anymore)

But smoke 2 or 3 a day and i will NOT be working out or doing anything productive for that matter. lol

It was really cool to see the news cast guy actually acting like he wasnt against the use of gear in male adults. Wouldl be funny to see him in a recent news cast up 30lbs and riiiiped :D:D

I don't think there's any difference between use and abuse since neither term has been defined, there's no consensus. Even on this board you'd find that most have different ideas on what constitutes "abuse".

For example, a certain pro bb said that anyone using steroids and isn't competing successfully is a moron and an abuser risking his health for nothing.

Damn,so the best they could say is it causes high blood pressure,cholestrole and mood swings and its bad for that reason.So in other words a Women who is arguing with her husband(BP) goes to burger king and eats a whopper combo(CHOL) while she is pmsing(MS) is a threat to everyone to.lol

I think there's genetics involved, definitely. And it's true that docs don't put the risks in perspective and don't compare them to other accepted drugs. Steroids are illegal though, and even with legal use there's stigma involved in writing Rx's for them, so that's going to affect how docs talk about them.

IMO you can't really compare the liver toxicity of steroids to something like Tylenol or even alcohol since they exert toxicity through different mechanisms. OD on Tylenol and you could be looking for a liver transplant but OD on steroids and there's not likely to be much risk for acute liver injury.
OTOH, Tylenol is generally safe in prescribed dosages whereas steroids could cause liver problems in prescribed dosages/duration if you have the genetics for it.

However, we'll always have threads were people ask, "what's worse, beer or dbol?" :D

I don't think there's any difference between use and abuse since neither term has been defined, there's no consensus. Even on this board you'd find that most have different ideas on what constitutes "abuse".

For example, a certain pro bb said that anyone using steroids and isn't competing successfully is a moron and an abuser risking his health for nothing.

Very good points.

Seen this before, I agree 100% with the lack of evidence on how people are falling seriously ill, or even dropping dead from steroid use, the demonizers of roids sure talk a convincing talk, but nothing to back it up with. God bless you guys.

Seen this before, I agree 100% with the lack of evidence on how people are falling seriously ill, or even dropping dead from steroid use, the demonizers of roids sure talk a convincing talk, but nothing to back it up with. God bless you guys.

THe problem is that you can never really tie anything back to the Steroids but that also does not mean that they didn't contribute to the conditions the people had. It's a tricky subject and there are partisans at the polar extremes of the debate. Like many thing in life though, the truth is probably somewhere inbetween.

This is a new one for me, and I must say its nice to see aas not being demonized for once. Plus they had Romano in it. That man defianatly seems to know what hes talking about.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131