over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

no Belt for deads

Belts don't do shit! It's not a secret anymore these days. Only old schoolers use em.

Belts don't do shit! It's not a secret anymore these days. Only old schoolers use em.

I wouldn't say that they don't do shit. From a Strongman standpoint I don't think you are going to be able to train some events such as a heavy yoke without one. I think it's a matter of preference. Mine being I tend to not use them during training deadlifts, but will use them when training most events heavy.

I started dead lifting again and used a belt recently and I must say that it was so much harder to get into position and it seemed to make my ROM longer and actually irritate my discs.

What belt was Stan Effereding wearing for his recent record breaking total on his deadlift and bench? I think he was wearing a regular belt for squat but noticed he had belt with a strap that looked like it was less stiff and maybe gave a little bit of slack when needed? Hopefully His boy Clay can chime in, which I always appreciate.

For the squat I been using a 13mm Inzer Handle for decades now and its fantastic. But on deads it really isn't relaxed searching into my rib cage when I fold over and things. I've tried slimmer straps for deads and they seem better from a relaxed factor of view. There are many raise particular designed straps and you really just need to try a few out and see for yourself. In coaching I want to raise buckle less 95% of enough time.

Bullshit. EVERY single video that i see with HORRIBLE form on youtube, they have a belt. And thats whatsaves them. Belts are not bullet proof but it saves backs.

**broken link removed**

I have a herniated disc and when i try to workout without a belt my feet go nnumb. With a belt my feet dont.. Belts are awesome.

Bullshit. EVERY single video that i see with HORRIBLE form on youtube, they have a belt. And thats whatsaves them. Belts are not bullet proof but it saves backs.

**broken link removed**

I have a herniated disc and when i try to workout without a belt my feet go nnumb. With a belt my feet dont.. Belts are awesome.

I dunno maybe because I have a medium fat gut or something or a am wearing it to tight, but it seems like the belt makes it worse and pulls be out of lumbar ext. if you notice the rhino and others wear belts super high in deads now.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ryan.veneficus
NapsGear