over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not sure this means anything.....

Shit bro, I thought you had already gotten your pro card?! Well, as others have said here, it's time!!

Here's a question for you Sam...

Out of these three guys who tried for a LONG time to turn pro and did this year...PD, Abbas, and Jerome, who will have the most impact when they compete on a pro stage? I'm sorta curious as to what you think?

Here's a question for you Sam...

Out of these three guys who tried for a LONG time to turn pro and did this year...PD, Abbas, and Jerome, who will have the most impact when they compete on a pro stage? I'm sorta curious as to what you think?

Hmmm...good question. I think PD could do pretty good in the 202's. Jerome can look pretty good when dialed. He has looked alot better than he did this year when he got his card. Abbas has great lower body and is pretty consistent with his conditioning. Guess it depends on how you define "impact". All 3 will do ok.

Z

YUP! LOL! How frustrating is that? Some of them more than once. Granted some of them improved dramatically, but many looked pretty much the same. Kind of gets me to thinking.... 4 years break....maybe its time.

Z

I know I don't know you personally SZona, but trust me my friend, I've seen the magazine spreads. Go for it. It sounds like that fire is starting to burn again.:headbang:

I know I don't know you personally SZona, but trust me my friend, I've seen the magazine spreads. Go for it. It sounds like that fire is starting to burn again.:headbang:

Thanks my friend. Much Appreciated. If I could only replicate the fullness I had in 04 with the conditioning I had in 05.

Attachments

• SZNAC04_1-2.jpg
    SZNAC04_1-2.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 213
  • SZ2005Nats.jpg
    SZ2005Nats.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 207
Thanks my friend. Much Appreciated. If I could only replicate the fullness I had in 04 with the conditioning I had in 05.

What was your bodyweight in each of those?

You're about 5'8 right?

What was your bodyweight in each of those?

You're about 5'8 right?

About 5'7.5. 04 NA's I was 223. If I remember right 05 Nationals I was only 212.

Z

Zona, do you do your own prep or do you have help from a trainer/guru? Just curious, always been a fan, go for it!!

Zona, do you do your own prep or do you have help from a trainer/guru? Just curious, always been a fan, go for it!!

Am definitely not opposed to using a "trainer". There is always someone who knows more. I think I value the critical eye more than anything at this point. I have use Chad Nichols (biggest I ever was) and George Farah (hardest I ever was) for contest prep in the past. Have used off season diet and training programs from Dante and have experimented with Phil's training and eating approach. Learned things of value from all of them.

Z

Damn we need to get you back on stage:headbang::eek:

Wow, two completely different looks!
Top one I Must say your looking HUGE and lean.
Like you said if you could just combine the best parts of the two then Holy cow look out!

Even if you will compete again or not...I hope everything is going to be well with you... I actually would like to know why you've stopped working out or competing for the last 4 years and my other question is...what was the reason you caught the motivation to start this new competing marathon again...?!

Anytime my friend. You look fantastic in both, that second Most Muscular.....holy hell man!!!!! It's been my experience in life if you're thinking of doing something that you love, you're going to end up going for it. If you do S, I'll be looking for you. Stay strong.

Even if you will compete again or not...I hope everything is going to be well with you... I actually would like to know why you've stopped working out or competing for the last 4 years and my other question is...what was the reason you caught the motivation to start this new competing marathon again...?!

Good question. Honestly just got burned out physically and mentally. I competed in 12 pro qualifiers between 1999-2006 never taking a break. In hindsight, it was too much. It had stopped being fun and became an obsession. Experienced some injuries and honestly began to get discouraged and question the sanity of what I was doing. Initially I took about 8 months and didnt even enter a gym with the hope of healing up physically and maybe regaining some passion for my training and the sport. When I re-entered the gym I scaled back my training significantly. Still intense but much less volume. I also made it a point to take days off and enjoy my life a little more. Diet wise.... instead of shoveling down a meal every 2.5 hours I ate when I was hungry and made it a point to actually eat some food I enjoyed. What I learned was not earth shattering by any means but definitely a revelation to me. If I missed a meal or a workout I wasn't going to disappear. It took 20+ years to build and was not going to go away overnight. :lightbulb: I have been able to hold a respectably lean 240 for about 3 years with half the training volume and half the food I was used to.

More recently have found myself paying attention to show outcomes and seeing guys my age or guys I have competed with achieving some success. Kind of gets you to thinking. There have also been some unexpected but significant changes in my personal life that have changed my perspective, outlook and confidence. My living situation currently allows me the luxury of a very well equipped home gym that makes training much easier (previously was driving 30 min each way). Most recently my son who is now 20 said.... "Dad, I would like to see you get on stage again". I dont know, everything just seems to be falling into place. It definitely wont be a "competitve marathon" but I think I might have a couple more shows left in me. Not sure that competitive drive ever leaves you and that feeling of unfinished business needs to be put to rest.

Z

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity