advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos III. Who you got ? Analysis inside.

Who is going to win this 3rd fight

• Cain Velasquez

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Junior Dos Santos

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

soloartist56

Registered
This is one of if not THE most anticipated MMA fight of ALL TIME. I know there are a lot of MMA fans on here so that's why I made this thread to get an idea of who everyone's pick is. On a lot of MMA boards its pretty much even give or take.

ufc166_600x250.jpg

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior "Cigano" dos Santos are going to set foot inside the octagon against each other yet again. This will be their third time facing each other, and it will be the third time they fight for the title.

In their first fight, Junior defeated Cain Velasquez to become the new UFC Heavyweight Champion in which he won by knockout in an astounding 64 seconds. In their second fight, Cain Velasquez defeated dos Santos in a 5 round beating in order to regain the title he once lost to the Brazilian phenom.

Now they will be fighting each other once again. Will Cain Velasquez defend his title successfully this time? or will Junior dos Santos defeat the champion again?

The third time's a charm.

The Challenger​
hi-res-6280184_crop_650x440.jpg

Junior dos Santos (16-2) is widely considered by many as the baddest man on the planet. Known for his knockout power and his vicious boxing ability, dos Santos has finished 12 of his 16 wins by knockout, with 10 of them happening in the first round.

Junior is the only man to have ever defeated the champion, Cain Velasquez. It took dos Santos just 64 seconds to knock Velasquez out to be crowned the new Heavyweight Champion. Eventually, the two met again but this time, dos Santos didn't get a brutal knockout. This time, dos Santos tasted defeat at the hands of the former champ after being completely dominated for 25 minutes and losing his title to the same man he beat in just 64 seconds just 1 year before.

Junior has notable wins over Fabricio Werdum, Mirko Cro Cop, Roy Nelson, Stefan Struve, Gabriel Gonzaga, Shane Carwin, Cain Velasquez, Frank Mir and Mark Hunt.

The Champion​

**broken link removed**

The two time UFC Heavyweight Champion, Cain Velasquez (12-1) may not look like the kind of guy to be the #1 heavyweight in the world, but looks can be deceiving. Velasquez actually is "the baddest man on the planet," he has stopped 10 of his 12 opponents by knockout, 8 being finished in the first round. Cain is known as possibly the most complete fighter in the division. He's an NCAA Division 1 All-American with a very effective kickboxing game, and the best cardio in his divsion to compliment his skills as a mixed martial artist.

Velasquez can push frenetic pace that none of his opponents have truly been able to keep up with. He is always pushing forward throwing punches, kicks, knees and elbows. If he takes you down, he is working nonstop and it's as if he isn't letting you breathe. When Velasquez is in the top position, he doesn't allow you to get comfortable, he's constantly improving his position and throwing strikes down and he doesn't stop until his opponent can no longer go on, or when the referee has seen enough. Cain's amazing cardio may be his biggest weapon since there is nobody in the division who can match up to it.

Cain Velasquez has notable wins over Cheick Kongo, Ben Rothwell, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Brock Lesnar, Bigfoot Silva (twice) and Junior dos Santos.

GIFS

Junior Dos Santos

Fabricio Werdum
UpstandingDosSantos.gif

Cain Velasquez Fight 1
1.gif

Mark Hunt
UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd3-2a-realtime-side-KO-400-sg.gif

Roy Nelson
**broken link removed**

Gabriel Gonzaga
JDSdropsGonzagaClpd.gif

Cain Velasquez

Junior Dos Santos Fight II
**broken link removed**

Minotauro Noguiera
**broken link removed**

Antonio Bigfoot Silva Fight I and II
tumblr_m4v8dyplHY1qzkmw2o1_400.gif

UFC160-CainXBigfoot-slomo3-400-sg.gif

Brock Lesnar
CAIN-GIF-3.gif

MY PICK: CAIN 3RD ROUND TKO. Though, I would like to add JDS always has that one punch knockout power and Cain could get caught again but I like my chances choosing Cain.

Last edited:
i totally got cain on this one as wekk. He more complete and has wider range of skills. JDS got a lucky shot just like any fighter coulda got. Yes he hits hard and hes a great BOXER but this is MMA and 9/10 times the best well roundfed fighter will win. On the other hand like anyyy sport anything can happen once the bell rings

It is awesome to get to see the two best go at it again. Would have built up a little more anticipation if jds had a couple more wins. But a ko over hunto is rare. I'd still have to pick Cain though.

Keep in mind guys they have beat each other before. Cain beat the snot out if jds last time and it went to a decision and didn't jds knock Cain out in the first fight? It could go either way. They are both great fighters! I like both if them

The fight can obviously go either way with one single punch, but lets be real. Cain is a much better striker and really proved so in the second fight. I don't bet money on fights bc I have horrible luck, BUT if I did then I would chose Cain all day long. Yes, JDS KO'd Cain in their first fight, but Cain absolutely destroyed JDS in the rematch with ease.

It's MMA and ANYTHING can happen, ladies.

I really like Junior and I'd like to see him win but after that last fight, I think Cain will take this fight.

Cain in similar fashion to the 2nd fight.

He'll go for takedowns nonstop, tire JDS out a little, then land some big shots & JDS will have nothing left in the tank. Game over.

Come on guys please click and vote. EVEN IF YOU ARE JUST A CASUAL MMA FAN PLEASE CLICK AND VOTE ANYWAY ! It only takes 1 sec to vote. I just want to get a good number of actual votes before Oct 19th just out of curiosity. Its easier for us to see the votes if you click and vote. Thanks. Other MMA boards its like

Cain 238
JDS 201

I remember back in 05 I put a thread on a MMA board with Fedor vs Crocop and it was like

Fedor 540
Crocop 499

To bring back memories back in 2005. Here is Fedor vs Crocop REFEREE CAM:cool: It sucks UFC doesn't do ref cam, looks so much better

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OFs1xF_IMw]Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop - Ref cam (1/2) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQRydcKy6AY]Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko Cro Cop - Ref Cam (2/2) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Cain Velasquez

The first fight, Cain claimed to be hurt, I believe it now by how much he dominated fight two... CV beat JDS in every aspect of the fight game, including striking dropping JDS... JDS looked like shit at the end of the fight Velasquez looked fresh enough to fight another few rounds... Unless he lands one good knockout blow; which I highly doubt; because of Cain's aggressive in your face, relentless pressure, he just doesn't give the opportunity to plant your feet long enough to get in a very heavy shot... He's always moving forward and has a lot of tools; that's how JDS got caught the first time, he tried to unload and got caught coming forward... JDS can normally walk right through guys who's power he doesn't respect or who are afraid of him, but that's not happening here... It'll have to be not only a well timed hard shot, but you can almost call it luck (I hate using that word) But almost like a hail Mary shot that Cain doesn't see coming, in order for JDS to win... Or if Cain comes in out of shape, or takes JDS too lightly... We'll see, it should be exciting to watch, since as everyone said anything can happen... That always keeps it interesting...

Cain Velasquez

JDS was saying iirc that he was over-trained severely leading into the second fight leading to kidney problems, as well as personal problems with his now ex-wife. So, each have an "excuse" for their loss. Hopefully this time both are in peak form.

Big Cain fan here I see him taking it with a TKO at the 1:30 mark or so of the 2nd round. But jds is a great fighter.

The second fight was so one sided, that I would've loved to see them fight in Brazil... That I'd pay to watch, Brazil has a huge following in MMA and seem to really pump up their fighters big time...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131