over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T I need everyone's help for a good cause

RLara85

Registered
I've been bodybuilding, powerliftiing and training in one way or another for the past few years.... in 2005 though, I was diagnosed with severe Panic Disorder. In about two months I lost over 50lbs, I was literally eating maybe 2-3 slices of an apple per day, my panic was so intense I couldn't keep any food down. I got kicked out of college, lost all my gains and pretty much hit rock bottom.
It's now 2009, I graduated with honors and at 5'9 I'm back around 210lbs and close to single digits... I haven't overcome Panic Disorder, that's one hell of a long road I'm still on, but I've learned to work with the cards I've been handed.

Anyway, I've had an idea for a while about starting a website dedicated specifically to everyday people who have overcome major adversities and still achieved their goals.... I don't care if it's a bodybuilder in a wheelchair or a blind man playing piano in live concerts, we're all in the same boat.
I have plans of writing a book about my experiences, but in the meantime there really wouldn't be anything to sell on the website, I would just like to provide a little space filled with inspiration for people who are struggling. I know four years ago I figured my life and dreams were over, and I know a lot of people struggling with similar issues may feel the same despair, my goal is just to provide a small reminder of hope.

This is barely in the planning stages, I figure I could have it decently put together by the end of the year but I'm no web junkie so I have a lot of research to do.

There's no money or donations or anything, the only thing I need from you guys is any ideas of what you would like to see on the website AND any ideas for it generating enough money to pay for the domain every year since I won't be selling anything, it should be fairly cheap to maintain since it won't be a very complex site.
As of now I'm basically planning on going to as many forums as I can and just collecting testimonials from people from all walks of life, along with that combine it with videos.

- If you have any ideas, I'll take them, I'm just in the brainstorming phase right now.
- I still need a catchy domain/motto... as of now I can get AdversityNow as a domain, I like it and I don't. "Adversity Now... greatness later".... lol sounds incredibly cheesy, but I'm aiming for something along those lines.
- Lastly, if you've been through anything and have a story to tell, as short or long as you want, and you wouldn't mind sharing it please PM it to me, I want to have at least 50 by the time I start the site so I can never start to early (There's no money in this, just a chance to share your story and hopefully inspire a person or two). I don't mind off-color language, just use proper grammar since it will be posted online. You can use an anonymous name, doesn't matter.

*EDIT: I Would also like to add a donation link where people could paypal money in and I could pool it together yearly for a charity, although I have yet to find the right charity. One option is to openly donate 90% and keep 10% to maintain the site, not sure how ethical that sounds to everyone but the majority would still go to charity and a little bit would help keep the site alive.

Last edited:
*EDIT: I Would also like to add a donation link where people could paypal money in and I could pool it together yearly for a charity, although I have yet to find the right charity. One option is to openly donate 90% and keep 10% to maintain the site, not sure how ethical that sounds to everyone but the majority would still go to charity and a little bit would help keep the site alive.

Nothing unethical about it. I'm not a charity expert or anything but I do know that there are a lot of charities out there that have made a very profitable business out of it. Meaning that a much smaller percentage than what you've suggested goes back into the business. Regardless, a charity is a business like any other and needs money to cover overhead just like any other business.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear