advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T. Need to get some suits tailored. How much can pants be dropped?

Rajin_Cajun

Registered
I bought two suits online from Mens Wearhouse the other day during their big sale. I bought them online. I wear a 52 jacket bc of my shoulders and get the mid section taken in. The pants that came with the suit wear a 47. How much can these be taken in on average? And how much $$$ is the average re cut on pants? I usually wear a 38 in the waist.

You can't go from a 47 to a 38, the whole proportions of the pants will be off. There isnt anywhere for the pockets to go. You need to be buying separates in a major way (or stop buying "off the rack" and get "made to measure")

Bro with your measurements you really need a custom tailored , made to measure suit .... Really anyone that wants a suit to look really good should do the same

I'm sorry to tell you those suits are a waste , hopefully you can return them

Yea I can return them. I guess I'll go into the store tomorrow and see what I can get. Lesson learned. Good thing bc it would have been $1400 down the drain.

What type of suits did you buy at MW for $1400? Just curious? My sister is a manager there.

Well it was a buy one get one free for the big Easter sale. I paid $689 for a Calvin Klein and got a Kenneth Cole of equal value for free.

Well it was a buy one get one free for the big Easter sale. I paid $689 for a Calvin Klein and got a Kenneth Cole of equal value for free.
I have a few of each and if you tell the store your situation they will make the necessary changes to order a different pant size and just let you retain the coat/blazer. Make sure the tailor is either Asian or Italian lol. They should take care of you in the store and if not MAKE sure you ask for the regional manager's name and # and call he/she if your not happy :D

Men's wear house is super cheap and they usually do your alterations for you. I have issues with suits constantly. I've grown a lot so I'm always out growing the suit. My recent purchases I bought just a little big and had it taken in and asked them to leave it long on the inside so I can have taken out when I need a little more room. And $1400 at men's wear house? That's crazy. They usually give sale prices for sales that already expired.

Men's wear house is super cheap and they usually do your alterations for you. I have issues with suits constantly. I've grown a lot so I'm always out growing the suit. My recent purchases I bought just a little big and had it taken in and asked them to leave it long on the inside so I can have taken out when I need a little more room. And $1400 at men's wear house? That's crazy. They usually give sale prices for sales that already expired.

All true and yes they honor sales pricing any time of the year. At first sight I thought I smelled BS on $1400 for 2 suits, but it's possible. As a practical matter you can't expect a MW suit to last more than a 5 years so I don't buy my suits there any longer. I don't wear suits as much as I did 10 years ago. These days it's a nice pair of jeans, dress shirt or v-neck and my office.

Better off to find a tailor near you and they start from scratch and build you a suit that fits you...

With our proportions(BB's) to take a suit of the rack and cut it to pieces to try and make it fit you would be more work than a custom.. Plus they usually wont cut a jacket so you end up with a sloppy look IMO.
Tailors or out there and some will even come to you at work and take your measurements and deliver it when they are done....
If your spending 700 bucks a pcs. the custom will be comparable
Plus the fit will be, well built for you...
Use Google to find 1 near you..
Peace

Yes, it can be done. My measurements are very similar. When I got a suit for my wedding, the pants were huge, but I needed it that big to get my legs in. My wife was sure it would look rediculous, but they taylored it and it fit perfect.

They took the suits back, ordered one smaller size jackets and will be altering the pants for me. Hopefully I'll have them ready by the 18th. Next time I buy a suit it'll be cut just for me. Screw this off the rack BS. Lol

What about indochino? I have a custom made three piece that was over two grand and I lost a lot of weight

A great name brand suit that fits poorly will look worse than an inexpensive kohl’s suit (where they sell pants and jackets that match separately). that fits properly.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131