over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: New TV

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
OMG... I feel old. All this new TV technology has me feeling like are real dummy. So can anyone give me a crash coarse?

Here's the deal. We have a 32" Big Screen TV in the console. It's old now and huge, and it won't fit in our new space. We want to get something that will hang on the wall. How do you possible know how to compare the new TV's... apples to apples. I want to know if I'm getting the best deal for my money.

OMG... I feel old. All this new TV technology has me feeling like are real dummy. So can anyone give me a crash coarse?

Here's the deal. We have a 32" Big Screen TV in the console. It's old now and huge, and it won't fit in our new space. We want to get something that will hang on the wall. How do you possible know how to compare the new TV's... apples to apples. I want to know if I'm getting the best deal for my money.
go to best buy sassy thier all alot cheaper now.but the picture you see in the store may not be what you have at home it all depends on the feed you use (sat. cable. high def) makes or breaks the picture and the cables you use to hook up your tv. its all pretty high teck now and withen 2 years it will be old news compared to the new stuff.and i would'nt feel like a dummy the stuff changes so fast you cant keep up with it.but it sounds like its all a bit new to you if you buy one pay a little extra and let them hook it up.

Last edited:
You may think you FEEL old...but you LOOK GREAT!!!

hit google and search away..HDTV, PLASMA ETC..

There's basically two kinds: "HD Ready" and "HD Ready 1080p". The "HD Ready" ones are cheaper and are more than good enough for watching TV.

If you want to connect an XBox 360 or PS3 or watch BluRay (HD) movies then you should probably get "HD Ready 1080p".

Check out cnet.com if you're looking for reviews of the various models.

You may think you FEEL old...but you LOOK GREAT!!!

You sure know how to make a lady feel better. :cool:

Alin, my google search is what got me so confused. lol Ok, I might not be a blonde, but I inherited my mom's ditziness honestly.

DamnDiesel, thanks for the website. That helped a lot. I tried consumer report, but you have to pay for a membership.

Retriever, We enjoy watching DVD's and different tv programs, but we're not into games, so that's good info to know. I was wondering if the resolutions on them and what difference they really make.

He's talking about going to Sam's Club. There isn't one where I live, so I haven't done much shopping there. Can we get a decent deal there?

go to best buy sassy thier all alot cheaper now.but the picture you see in the store may not be what you have at home it all depends on the feed you use (sat. cable. high def) makes or breaks the picture and the cables you use to hook up your tv. its all pretty high teck now and withen 2 years it will be old news compared to the new stuff.and i would'nt feel like a dummy the stuff changes so fast you cant keep up with it.but it sounds like its all a bit new to you if you buy one pay a little extra and let them hook it up.

Technology does change way too fast. Sometimes it makes my head spin.

It would be nice to have in professionally installed, so that's an option. I want to get the TV saturday, because DirectTV is coming out Sunday to hook us up. At least they can setup, the satellite part.

Technology does change way too fast. Sometimes it makes my head spin.

It would be nice to have in professionally installed, so that's an option. I want to get the TV saturday, because DirectTV is coming out Sunday to hook us up. At least they can setup, the satellite part.
Alot of the wall mouted models you have to have them do it or it voids the warranty. and go with the HD satalite you wont be sorry with the the picture it is amazing.check out best buy or circut city they have alot more models and brands to chose from with better custormer suport.something like this you dont want to buy a wallmart. if you like movies and tv spend a little more you will be much happyer.

Last edited:
Proud new owners of a bouncing HDTV. lol

Well, we did it. We purchased a 42" Vizio.

MM... I went online to bestbuy.com and circuitcity.com and checked out their online store specials. I also thought about their customer service and installers, but Everlast felt like Sam's club had the best deal.

I'm think it as a fair deal. We got the TV, wall mount & DVD for about $1,100. I checked cnet.com and it had a good rating. The DVD player is what through me. I wasn't prepared to buy one, because we both have one. They talked us into, saying that the old DVD players can't upscale to the large format TV. So did we get sold a bill of goods on this one?

I thinking we could still return it, if that isn't true.

Well, we did it. We purchased a 42" Vizio.

MM... I went online to bestbuy.com and circuitcity.com and checked out their online store specials. I also thought about their customer service and installers, but Everlast felt like Sam's club had the best deal.

I'm think it as a fair deal. We got the TV, wall mount & DVD for about $1,100. I checked cnet.com and it had a good rating. The DVD player is what through me. I wasn't prepared to buy one, because we both have one. They talked us into, saying that the old DVD players can't upscale to the large format TV. So did we get sold a bill of goods on this one?

I thinking we could still return it, if that isn't true.

I THINK YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH YOUR VIZIO. I PURCHASED A 60 INCH AND THE PICTURE IS VERY CLEAR. THE TV CONTROLS ARE RATHER EASY TO WORK .

I think the upconversion does give a better picture quality, I have both.

DVD Player For Sale

Ok... nice to know that the DVD purchase was a good move.

Yea, the picture is AWESOME!! Everlast is still working on the sound. The stereo was sounding great, but the movie wasn't coming through right. I have a Kenwood receiver w/ surround sound, but it's... well, I'm not going to say how old because I'm really only 21 :eek: lol It's not new. Does this mean this technology is outdated too. :confused:

Thanks Kaiser... that's got some good info! It was just what I was looking for. I guess I should have done a search. My brain just is in overload lately. I didn't even think about searching. :eek:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws