over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T what do you guys think of a LSX 454 short block for a 2011 camaro ls1

ripped358

Banned
I was thinking of swapping the engine for the Lsk 454 short block engine,it has 620 horsepower compared to the 400 horsepower engine that comes stock
I don't need the complete engine cause I have all the internals for the engine
The car has a powerflow supercharger full cat back exhaust to the manifold stainless steal tips,methyl kit,upgraded back end that will hold 1500 horsepower
There's alot more work done ,right now it has 550 horsepower to the rear and when the work that getting done now I should be at 700 horsepower before the new 620 horsepower engine.
What do you guys think of the new engine or should I save and get the LSX 454R which has 750 horsepower but Its like 5-6 grand more than the other engine and can't afford it now
Let me know your thoughts

I was thinking of swapping the engine for the Lsk 454 short block engine,it has 620 horsepower compared to the 400 horsepower engine that comes stock
I don't need the complete engine cause I have all the internals for the engine
The car has a powerflow supercharger full cat back exhaust to the manifold stainless steal tips,methyl kit,upgraded back end that will hold 1500 horsepower
There's alot more work done ,right now it has 550 horsepower to the rear and when the work that getting done now I should be at 700 horsepower before the new 620 horsepower engine.
What do you guys think of the new engine or should I save and get the LSX 454R which has 750 horsepower but Its like 5-6 grand more than the other engine and can't afford it now
Let me know your thoughts

Im not up on my big block stuff... especially chevy. But since when did they come out with a big block to handle that hp? Most guys use a 6.0 liter and bore and stroke em to 440 ci. You can get over 600hp N/A with a good combo and save weight and handling. Then just put a 150hp plate kit on it and poof.... pretty stout street car.

F that big heavy out dated block...high cube SB strokers are where its at!

You'll never spin a BB as fast or high as a stroked SB...especially as reliably for street use..

IMO!!

Im not up on my big block stuff... especially chevy. But since when did they come out with a big block to handle that hp? Most guys use a 6.0 liter and bore and stroke em to 440 ci. You can get over 600hp N/A with a good combo and save weight and handling. Then just put a 150hp plate kit on it and poof.... pretty stout street car.

I already have 550 rear horsepower which is about 650 to the flywheel
Right now I'm putting in
Gm valley pan cover
Gm oil pump kit
Gm wireless harness-engine
Gm head bolt kit
Gm sprocket engine camshaft
Gm chain
Lifters set of 16 from ls7
Gm lifters set of 8
Gm belt tensioner
Gm bolt attached to belt tensioner
Gm bolt
Gmail sensor
Gm harmonic balancer bolt
Sensor
Front engine cover
Front crank seal
Head gasket kit
Cam
Rockers
Trick flow specialties TFS-32610001-C01-trick flow genX 255 cylinder heads for gm ls3
This will bring me up to about 700-730 rear horsepower
That's before engine swap
I'm trying to get to about 1500hp eventually

Also the custom shop recommended this engine to me since I have all the part that attach to the engine it will be inexpensive
I'm debating between the 2 I mentioned the 620 horsepower engine and the 750 horsepower engine ,which would you choose

I thought the 2011 has an LS3 not an LS1, LS1 was the later model Camaros and Chevy stopped using them in 2006.

I would just forge your block and up the boost or get a bigger blower. That stock short block forged will make 1000hp. If it doesnt Chevy has issues, because I have seen fords 5.0's hit 1000 hp with a forged block.

Also what is the compression ratio in that block? I know allot of the Vette motors will not handle more then 5psi of boost. Me personally I would build your block lower the compression, spin the shit out of your S/C and call it a day.

I have seen LS1's make 750hp supercharged and turbo'd all day long with no issues. I have seen them make 1000hp as well. I know whipple is making 650 rwhp with his set up. I talked to dustin whipple the other day about it and there making insane power.

What type of rear suspension do you have as well?

Sounds like nice plans... I am putting a 3.4l on my 2005 mustang that has a cast iron 5.0 cobra block trying to build a 800rwhp street car.

The LSX 454 is actually a small block with 4.185" bore and 4.125" stroke. It is a cast iron block, which makes it very heavy. If you are not going forced induction, you can take a LS2 or LS3 aluminum block and have it sleeved to make 454". I am doing an engine build now that I expect to make close to 750 hp at the crank.

I thought the 2011 has an LS3 not an LS1, LS1 was the later model Camaros and Chevy stopped using them in 2006.

I would just forge your block and up the boost or get a bigger blower. That stock short block forged will make 1000hp. If it doesnt Chevy has issues, because I have seen fords 5.0's hit 1000 hp with a forged block.

Also what is the compression ratio in that block? I know allot of the Vette motors will not handle more then 5psi of boost. Me personally I would build your block lower the compression, spin the shit out of your S/C and call it a day.

I have seen LS1's make 750hp supercharged and turbo'd all day long with no issues. I have seen them make 1000hp as well. I know whipple is making 650 rwhp with his set up. I talked to dustin whipple the other day about it and there making insane power.

What type of rear suspension do you have as well?

Sounds like nice plans... I am putting a 3.4l on my 2005 mustang that has a cast iron 5.0 cobra block trying to build a 800rwhp street car.
I think there converting the ls3 to an ls1
The rear is expensive 7000 just in parts
Ford 9 inch rear
I really don't want to type out what there doin to the rear .its one of the strongest you can buy .
The next blower is a f1 which to support this blower you need a new expensive transmission and engine work it not made for the streets
If I put the engine in I will be close to 1000 horsepower then next I need a transmission and the nitrous and ill be in the 1200-1500 rear horsepower easy
There also lowering my car and I'm swapping my 20 parellies for 17 inch drag radial tires and specialized rims I'm hoping to have a 8 second car by next year
So if you had a choice of these engines taking price into consideration what will you choose
For the full engine the Lsk 454 cost 11000
For the Lsk 454R it is 18000
Now I don't need the accessories for the engine since I have better ones in the car already the first one would cost about 6000
The second engine would cost about 13000
So there's a big price difference

Lsx is a small block like the above poster stated all lsx blacks are designed off off the ls7 meaning cylinder angle and stuff like that

I made a mistake its s l99 conversion to LS3
It's an automatic and the LSX 454 is not the regular one the shop is getting a customized engine so it can hold up to 1500 horsepower
The regular gm will not withstand that power

man you should take this question to pro-touring.com..

imo get the most c.i. you can afford.

I want to see how far this thread go's before someone says this is professional muscle not car forum:)

you should've just waited for the corvette stingray. 1000HP corvette is in the works, and is going to blow your 2011 camaro out of the water.. Plus it looks better..

Is it Currie that makes the Rock Jock 9" rear? Watch a rock racing video on youtube if you wanna see rears that can handle abuse lol. Anyway, you paid way too much for your rear!

You can buy aluminum strokers all day long and with way less hassle for the money you're talking. That heavy cast iron will hinder acceleration, braking, and handling. If you wanna have fun on the street you need power-to-weight or the teenagers with hopped up ricers will pick on you.

I think there converting the ls3 to an ls1
The rear is expensive 7000 just in parts
Ford 9 inch rear
I really don't want to type out what there doin to the rear .its one of the strongest you can buy .
The next blower is a f1 which to support this blower you need a new expensive transmission and engine work it not made for the streets
If I put the engine in I will be close to 1000 horsepower then next I need a transmission and the nitrous and ill be in the 1200-1500 rear horsepower easy
There also lowering my car and I'm swapping my 20 parellies for 17 inch drag radial tires and specialized rims I'm hoping to have a 8 second car by next year
So if you had a choice of these engines taking price into consideration what will you choose
For the full engine the Lsk 454 cost 11000
For the Lsk 454R it is 18000
Now I don't need the accessories for the engine since I have better ones in the car already the first one would cost about 6000
The second engine would cost about 13000
So there's a big price difference

just me or prices seem high??... idk, maybe things have changed a lot in tha past 10 years... 7k for a ford 9"? you going built PG trans on that?

alwayz been a fan of turbos... had a custom garret 76mm on a built r302(347)...

and just wondering ripped, have u drove a 8sec car before?

Last edited:
No I drove my friends 9 second car.ill be renting out the track for the day with a friend when my car is complete.and the guy who custom tunes my car will adjust my tune on the track
This is not an everyday car it's for racing only I have another car I use.
I will be racing for money once I get used to the power and timing.
the rear rear was actually 6500 and it guaranteed to hold up 1500 plus horsepower.
I could of went cheaper but If I'm gonna put something in my car I want the best.this rear will stop the front of the car from going in the air
After this my next step is a new transmission and nitrous I will then need to put a cage in my car.
The car now with just 550 to the reAr I went 180 miles an hour for 15 minutes on the highway .nobody was there
It's a weird feeling going that fast and my car was still pushing to go faster lol
Soon it will be doubled it will be crazy.

What shop is building this? How much HP you want? How much money you got? Naturally Aspirated, blower, nitrous, TURBO?

Is this for street use??
I work with a guy that has a 900hp Hennessey camaro and he said that after buying I he has driven the 750hp version and he couldn't realy tell the difference in performance because he can't push his to the limits before breaking traction. He said that unless you are running track tires you can't really see what it has.

But if you are just looking for a strip car then their is no substitute for cubic inches because you can always add boost or spray it.

I already have a powerflow blower ,a methanol kit full cat back exhaust to manifold stainless steal tips better than an other brand like powerflow .
When all is said and done probably about 60 -100,000
I'm doing it in pieces I can't afford to do it all at once.
And I don't fit in a corvette.i don't know how any of you do.
I was in my friends vet on the passenger side and my arm was in his lap.
It also is very uncomfortable.im sure the new Bette is over 150,000 I've never heard of one in with stock 1000 horsepower?
I already put 30,000 into it its an expensive hobby.
My friend just bought a rebuilt porche 917 the thing looks like a spaceship.
He has a hard time getting in it that means ill never fit

I would go turbo before and F1 set up. I was getting ready to do an F1-C on my car but decided due to being a street car and the badass value of having a 3.4L whipple on car that it wasnt made for seemed sweet I went with that, but if I can do it all over I would go twin turbo or single turbo.

You are going to need ALLOT of mods to get to 1300 rwhp even 1000rwhp in that car. 1000rwhp is not an easy task period. What fuel system are you putting in this car? Look into getting a custom rienhardt racing 12 rib ultragrip pulley or your belts are going to go flying past 20psi as well.

Its a ton of work to build a car with that much power, I would take the time to call synergy motorsports in fremont, ca and ask him a few questions. They only work on camaro's period and build probably the best Camaro's in the US hands down. The guy knows his stuff, but your looking replacing everything in that car to make that power.

I think the only thing left stock on my stang is going to be the interior. Everything had to replaced to support the power. looking forward to seeing the build, but that much power is expensive...

What transmission are you putting in are you going for drag and getting a 3sp with a manuel valve body?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131