over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off Day Lethargy ?

BULKING_N

Registered
Hello All.. Not posted in a long time here !

I have only started noticing this recently but it has been happening for a long time now. On my off days from training, no weights or cardio, I am totally lethargic and dragging all day !! Worse yet when I need to do my job, ( I am an active pilot ) I need to be able to be focused and sharp.. If I get my 10 sets of dumbell lunges prior to a flight I am sparking! If I dont get that workout in, my mind feels sluggish!! I simply cannot seem to function without some form of physical activity to get my day started. I do not drink coffee either and I think my body has go so used to the many years of heavy training, that on the off days, i simply just goes in a hibernation mode. I get very tired and also depressed somewhat. Is this an addiction to the endorphins ?

My body and nervous system needs the rest days but I will like to know if anyone experience the similar situation and how do they deal with it. Maybe brisk walks ? I couldnt wake up and spend all day at the tv or loaf...

Im a seasoned lifter, 5-6x week of weights together with cardio as per discretion.

Hey BULKING_N, good to see ya around bro....seems like forever since I've seen ya around here.

I think I've felt the same thing you're experiencing man. Sometimes even a little session is all it takes. I don't know the physiology or anything much about it, but it works for me.

yes, I have notice this on occasion as well. I think it is purely psychological. It is almost like you shut down and lose purpose. I have tried to diversify so to speak and do other things and not be so pre-occupied with training and fitness. Tomorrow I am going to a pool and drink beer. The gym will still be there with all the weights,machines, and ladies when I comeback on Thurs.

excercise releases endorphins. and it's proven to counteract mental exhaustion.
but i'm the same way. it's like i know i don't have to workout that day, so when i get outa bed i'm pretty much useless all day.

TY

Great to see you man ! Not forgotten you..yes its been a long time... Thank you so much for the reply. It can be psychological I believe where the body knows it doesnt have to do a session of weights/HIIT cardio and it just goes in a state of total rest..But I think maybe a brisk walk in the am be a good thing to do as an Active Rest Day

as i've aged-i feel the same thing on 'off days'-the only thing i've found to overcome this feeling is to do a little cardio ie: 10-15minutes of jumping rope brings back the motivation and eliminates the 'off day' fatigue-for me?

Getting the blood flowing and metabolism going while giving yourself a sense of accomplishment always gives you a "feel good" feeling i've found through the years.

I hate off days as I feel like a lazy bum LOL

Great replies everyone. Thank you !

Agree 100% on that statement of the sense of accomplishment it gives you. I feel like a total bum and void when I havent done a workout. Something is missing, antsy, stressed, nervous . Its a whole spiral ! I will continue with just a few sets of ab wheel slide outs, gymanstic L sits or hanging leg raises first thing upon arising followed by a nice cold shower and a protein shake and OJ. It surely makes a huge difference and sets my entire day.

If it is an off duty day from work and I just want to vegge all day, I will wake up and do the workout/ breakfast and THEN sit and watch tv or go back to bed ! But the workout takes precedence over all :D

In my case, it is most definitely mental. I have some mental health issues, and I find that exercise helps me feel better tremendously.
Even low intensity cardio like walking up an incline on the treadmill at only 130bpm really elevates my mood.
I also just feel good afterwards knowing that I did something healthy for my body that will also contribute to better overall gains just because of the body being well taken care of.

Today was a rest day from training and I got busy with doing errands and no cardio or light ab workout and I feel like crap this evening . Feel like I havent achieved anything but I know my body needed the rest. :O ..Took a long nap this afternoon too and just woke up. Tomorrow I will make up for it with a brutal back workout in the morning.

Did not workout today with the last few days being gruelling and though my body welcomed the total rest with naps through the day, feel very down ! Should have done a bit of activity this am !

as i've aged-i feel the same thing on 'off days'-the only thing i've found to overcome this feeling is to do a little cardio ie: 10-15minutes of jumping rope brings back the motivation and eliminates the 'off day' fatigue-for me?

Just what I was gonna say or you know what i guarantee will work hit the old punching bag 4 rounds in 15 minutes youll be golden plus youll keep punching skill,strength and mobility up.

Thats a GREAT idea max muscle. thank you !!!!.. I havent used the punching bag in a while but it is a great suggestion !!! I also got the hanging bar and the ab roller, I do about 4x sets of ab wheel slide outs and then some full range hanging leg raises and that also works great.

I get depressed and bored if I don't have a workout that day. I try doing something light like going for a bike ride or taking my dog for a long walk, anything to get out of the house.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nitzuj0141
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131