mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oh man, your thought? (GENERAL COVID THREAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And before you address my post and link to CDC with results of influenza and pneumonia having more deaths in some cases than Covid as Covid might be “misclassified” as Influenza or pneumonia because of absence of positive Covid results...

Think about this;

Why would they do that? That makes ZERO sense.... Ok so you have a person hospitalized and only go by symptoms? What are we, in the 1800’s? Lmao

C’mon bro... We’ve had influenza testing for DECADES and have ways to test for pneumonia... You’re going to tell me that all those cases are “misclassified Covid cases because lack of positive tests”?

That makes zero sense when you can literally test the patient for Influenza and Pneumonia and if they’re negative then you can assume it’s Covid, but they’re just out right going by symptoms? That’s retarded and a MAJOR RED FLAG...

There’s absolutely ZERO reason to misclassify cases for Covid when we can rule out everything else by getting it tested...

Seems to me like a way to cover their ass for misclassifying influenza and pneumonia as Covid for financial incentive....

Unlike you and qbkilla, to be fair qbkilla is in a league of his own, I don't make claims to know everything. I'm just posting up data people can read and come up with their own conclusion, not tell them how to think or what they think. No need to be condescending with the "C'mon bro..." NEMZ we can just agree to disagree. That's why I don't post much in this thread anymore. We've debated in the past and we each have a different view.

Last edited:
Here you go Bio...

I’m very curious about your opinion on this, for real. Not for arguments sake..

But you say I’ve been making things up to fit a narrative, especially when Ive said this virus is no worse than the Flu and look at the data, straight from the CDC...

There are some age groups where Covid has caused more deaths (not by many) but there’s A LOT where pneumonia and influenza have beat Covid by hundreds if not thousands of deaths... In some cases it’s pretty even...

So again, I’m not making things up... I just knew from the beginning this was going to be some horse shit propaganda...
Just be aware that the truth is almost always somewhere in between. You were probably right about some things, but not all. I caution you to keep an open mind and be ready to change your mind on some things as evidence comes in. I think you can see that my opinion about the virus has evolved on here since this started.

For instance, the virus is really bad because it spreads so easily and it is quite deadly to senior citizens. There are some very real risks here for some folks, like me and my parents. I'm with you now on a number of things though, my stance has changed. You need to keep an open mind, otherwise you aren't living life the best you can.

Unlike you and qbkilla, to be fair qbkilla is in a league of his own, I don't make claims to know everything. I'm just posting up data people can read and come up with their own conclusion, not tell them how to think or what they think. No need to be condescending with the "C'mon bro..." NEMZ we can just agree to disagree. That's why I don't post much in this thread anymore. We've debated in the past and we each have a different view.

Im not trying to be condescending at all bro, that was directed with a different emotion, like a locker room, shoot the shit with your buddies kinda talk lol. I’m not upset or thinking I’m better than anyone by any means..

And I apologize for making certain assumptions about you...

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with posting outlier cases such as the 37 year old or your friend etc. But let’s be honest here, do we really need to shut down the entire country and risk even more lives and generational economic issues over what’s been shown over months of data to effect a minuscule part of the population?? I personally don’t think so... It should’ve been either a strict lock down at the beginning for a short period to completely eradicate the virus as New Zealand did OR a targeted lock down for seniors and susceptible people like Maldorf for example and the elderly etc... But this wishy washy approach is ridiculous and doing more harm than good...

I can change my mind and have no problem doing so as data comes in, but so far, there hasn’t been any data coming in that I feel the need to change my mind about... And that’s not me trying to be condescending or a know it all etc.. It’s just true.. They’ve made big mistakes, fraud and incentive have been exposed, and all at the expense of the people..

And they have changed the narrative to fear monger and to keep things going to their benefit, I’m 100% sure of it until I’m proven otherwise.. What makes me so sure, you ask? Well bro, they (CDC and Dr. Fauci I believe was quoted with these statements, I’ll have to look) have said the virus has mutated and could possibly have a stronger, more deadly version spreading right now... Which is horse shit.. Why is the US the only country talking about this while everyone else is treating new cases immediately and correctly? No other country is talking about mutated, stronger versions of the virus and crazy spikes in cases despite opening up and getting back to normal? It doesn’t sound right at all...

Also, about young people getting infected at higher rates, that’s 100% true.. BUT are they at the same risk of dying or complications as a 70 year old with multiple health issues? Absolutely not... They’re only reporting on fear based narratives but not reporting that MAJORITY of young people infected show no symptoms at all, and very few of them have any complications at all (<0.1% of them)...

My simple point from the beginning is that there’s a lot of red flags and incentive to lie and manipulate... A LOT... And slowly but surely, as you’ve seen, numbers aren’t adding up, and information is coming out completely contradicting the fear mongering approach.. And every single day it’s being shown that they fucked over the people 100x harder than this virus ever would have...

Just be aware that the truth is almost always somewhere in between. You were probably right about some things, but not all. I caution you to keep an open mind and be ready to change your mind on some things as evidence comes in. I think you can see that my opinion about the virus has evolved on here since this started.

For instance, the virus is really bad because it spreads so easily and it is quite deadly to senior citizens. There are some very real risks here for some folks, like me and my parents. I'm with you now on a number of things though, my stance has changed. You need to keep an open mind, otherwise you aren't living life the best you can.

Completely understand you bro and I have no problem changing my mind. As I stated above to Bio...

I’m completely open to being shown where I was wrong and where I should be more open minded and what information has come about to show that etc...

I’m not saying anything conspiratorial or that I’m absolutely right about everything in the world. But I have been pretty much saying the same thing about the same subjects since the beginning and haven’t seen any data proving me wrong, the contrary, much of that data is coming forward proving me pretty close to dead on correct...

And let me be clear about my point of view;

My point of view isn’t of someone who lost a job or is affected much by what’s going on..

I have my business and it’s doing quite well despite all of this (and I’m very grateful for that), I don’t really go out at all or socialize much in the past 2 years because of my choice to focus on my business and grow and certain goals I want to accomplish within a time frame so “social distancing” or the local bars being shut down etc don’t bother me personally AT ALL.. It’s slightly inconvenient (at the beginning at least) when you go to the store and panickers buy up all the shit, or the lines and how things have slowed down in efficiency but again, anything besides work and working out and taking care of myself and immediate family doesn’t concern or affect me much...

So my point of view is strictly arguing for the people who are suffering from the affect of these lock downs and the approach to this virus...

Just spoke with the mother of my daughter's to be roommate at college. She told me that her daughter at age 9 almost died from H1N1, the swine flu. She was in the ICU on a ventilator for a week or so before she recovered. It was real bad. She's willing to send her off to college though. Its funny how the press barely reported on that disease. It was killing young people! To me that's worse. The politics were much different then, not much was made of that virus.

Getting back to education and covid-19. Now the college's professors have come together and refuse to teach in the classroom, demand 100% online only. So there's no way we are sending our daughter to college to sit in her dorm 24/7 and pay $35,000 to do it. She'll be miserable.

Many colleges are having to lay off many professors. The unions seem to want online only at many colleges. I hope they realize that they are making themselves unemployed.

And college football and basketball are big moneymakers for colleges. If seasons canceled or no in person attendance colleges will be hurting for money. And then unfortunately less likely to reduce tuition for online which I think it should be.

And college football and basketball are big moneymakers for colleges. If seasons canceled or no in person attendance colleges will be hurting for money. And then unfortunately less likely to reduce tuition for online which I think it should be.
Pretty sure they will be charging full tuition. Harvard is doing it. Can you imagine paying $65,000 a year to send your kid to Harvard and take it all online from the dorm!? Some are doing it.

I wonder what happens to kids that had athletic scholarships. Id think the college can't honor that.

Another long-term issue coming from all this is social interaction among young people.

Today, millenials often complain how hard it is to make friends as an adult - they just don't know how to meet people, start conversations with strangers, etc. This shouldn't be surprising - they were one of the first generations that had 'DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS' drilled into their heads over and over as children. That conditioning carried on through their lives and has made it much harder to meet romantic partners, friends, etc., because there's a guilt / fear / whatever associated with approaching someone you don't already know.

We're seeing something similar again now - social distancing, avoid contact with others, people intentionally walk away from others in public spaces, etc. Another generation is being raised with the subconscious bias that social interactions are to be avoided, which will greatly hamper their ability to make friends, professional connections, romantic partners, etc.

Couple that with the reduced opportunities for education and employment in the generation coming up now, and you have a recipe for one of the worst-off generations ever.

Another long-term issue coming from all this is social interaction among young people.

Today, millenials often complain how hard it is to make friends as an adult - they just don't know how to meet people, start conversations with strangers, etc. This shouldn't be surprising - they were one of the first generations that had 'DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS' drilled into their heads over and over as children. That conditioning carried on through their lives and has made it much harder to meet romantic partners, friends, etc., because there's a guilt / fear / whatever associated with approaching someone you don't already know.

We're seeing something similar again now - social distancing, avoid contact with others, people intentionally walk away from others in public spaces, etc. Another generation is being raised with the subconscious bias that social interactions are to be avoided, which will greatly hamper their ability to make friends, professional connections, romantic partners, etc.

Couple that with the reduced opportunities for education and employment in the generation coming up now, and you have a recipe for one of the worst-off generations ever.
I almost feel bad for bringing my daughters into this world. So far they are doing OK, but they aren't adults yet.

There is increasing pressure to shutdown again and basically go back to March, April and May. I am personally scared for this to happen. I believe that the US will tear itself apart, either when it is announced or if it is long enough to create another large increase in job loss, when that happens. The last time many law abiding citizens gave in and went with it. After seeing the recent riots, I don’t see that happening again. If there is one thing we humans are good at it is imitating each other. Think about when we were kids. My friend joe can do that, I want to do it too. I hope I am wrong about this. Maybe I give too little credit to humanity.

Since this is professionalmuscle, even though it is a small thing overall, I will be disappointed honestly to not be able to go to the gym. I have enjoyed being back, it is really a nice thing. Training at home with bodyweight work is not bad, but just not the same. Even for just recreational lifter like me.

I almost feel bad for bringing my daughters into this world. So far they are doing OK, but they aren't adults yet.
Look at it this way.....Times are tough right now and your daughters are learning that things aren't always perfect in life. You and your wife are good parents and I'm sure will help your daughters in any way you can. Whatever it takes to get through this covid crisis, eventually things will get figured out and your daughters will get through these tough times. As a result your daughters will be strong people that know they can deal with things even when life gets rough. They will have strong character as adults, and probably appreciate life even more after going through times like these.

Look at it this way.....Times are tough right now and your daughters are learning that things aren't always perfect in life. You and your wife are good parents and I'm sure will help your daughters in any way you can. Whatever it takes to get through this covid crisis, eventually things will get figured out and your daughters will get through these tough times. As a result your daughters will be strong people that know they can deal with things even when life gets rough. They will have strong character as adults, and probably appreciate life even more after going through times like these.
Yes, I think of that too. Going through this will help them to appreciate more just how good things were before this happened. Just have to hope that my wife doesnt lose her job. So many are. There was just a poll of Americans and 40% of the people that had lost their jobs felt like the jobs were NOT coming back. With her banking Im afraid that might be the case. Things would be rough then, real bad. Its not easy to replace a high paying job. I just want my younger daughter to be able to graduate from the same high school shes in now. Got 2 more years.

100% agree with this and never even thought of it this way either...

I will say I think it’s a cultural thing more so in the US than any other country I’ve ever been to.

For example, pretty much every country I’ve been to in Europe it’s pretty much the opposite, for the most part (there’s always exceptions) everyone is super social and accepting and it’s very easy to talk to strangers and actually have a good time with people you just met.. Definitely more sense of community and camaraderie... Where as the US is not like that at all.. Even the friends I’ve made in EU who’ve lived in the states and went back and traveled through many many countries and some people I’ve talked to on this forum who are European as well that have lived/visited the states all say pretty much the same thing; they’ve never been to a country where the people are so “stand offish” as a culture more so than the US...

What are schools in your area doing now? Many of the colleges seem to have gone to online only. Local public schools mostly are letting the parents choose in person or online. It sounds like that the public schools, in the next few weeks, may swing toward all online too. Teachers seem to be making a stand against teaching in the classroom. This is in Ohio.

What's your area like? I'm curious to know what other countries are doing. Ive heard some European countries are already back in school, not sure if that's correct or not.

MY state schools were going to be open, they the teacher unions threw a fit. So one country closed and it was monkey see monkey do. First semester is virtual only. I can see the same thing happening when it is time to open, the teachers and those who fear the virus pushing for them to be virtual. Parents are livid, a big debate between parents and teachers on social media. On a side note teachers say they are underpaid, I disagree. No one in a capitalistic society is underpaid, supply and demand dictate pay, not received exertion or feelings. I feel like we as society really need to educate people on economics in high school (supply, demand, what jobs pay and don't, how your actions affect your net worth not your feelings). Maybe if more of society was educated on economics these lockdowns would have never happened. I feel like alot of people say "oh lets write another stimulus check so we can stay home and until the flu virus passes." Eventhough I would benefit from it, I am against a stimulus check and hopefully the 600 wont go into effect again where people make more money staying home than working.

One good thing, its good to see sports back. I see alot of athletes testing positive not sure what to make of this. I read on a world issues two people (a couple I guess) got calls sayin they tested positive and they needed to quarantine, the irony was that they were in line for 2 hours and got tired of waited so never got tested yet they got a call saying they were positive.

MY state schools were going to be open, they the teacher unions threw a fit. So one country closed and it was monkey see monkey do. First semester is virtual only. I can see the same thing happening when it is time to open, the teachers and those who fear the virus pushing for them to be virtual. Parents are livid, a big debate between parents and teachers on social media. On a side note teachers say they are underpaid, I disagree. No one in a capitalistic society is underpaid, supply and demand dictate pay, not received exertion or feelings. I feel like we as society really need to educate people on economics in high school (supply, demand, what jobs pay and don't, how your actions affect your net worth not your feelings). Maybe if more of society was educated on economics these lockdowns would have never happened. I feel like alot of people say "oh lets write another stimulus check so we can stay home and until the flu virus passes." Eventhough I would benefit from it, I am against a stimulus check and hopefully the 600 wont go into effect again where people make more money staying home than working.

One good thing, its good to see sports back. I see alot of athletes testing positive not sure what to make of this. I read on a world issues two people (a couple I guess) got calls sayin they tested positive and they needed to quarantine, the irony was that they were in line for 2 hours and got tired of waited so never got tested yet they got a call saying they were positive.
A funny thing about teacher pay, most people believe that private school teachers get paid the best. Thats wrong in all cases that I know of. In most cases public schools pay better. The best paid teachers in our area, and rightly so Id say, are the ones that teach in the inner city. We call it hazardous duty pay. Those teachers get paid a bit better than the ones who teach in our richest neighborhoods where the average home costs over $1 million.

A funny thing about teacher pay, most people believe that private school teachers get paid the best. Thats wrong in all cases that I know of. In most cases public schools pay better. The best paid teachers in our area, and rightly so Id say, are the ones that teach in the inner city. We call it hazardous duty pay. Those teachers get paid a bit better than the ones who teach in our richest neighborhoods where the average home costs over $1 million.

That does make perfect sense and falls inline with supply and demand. Less teachers want to work, travel, or even live in the inner city so the supply of applicants is less therefore pay is higher.

that's the optimistic way of looking at things..yes

then there's the other ways of looking at things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner