over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oil or actual Test cause "Backne"???

klowndog

Registered
Is steroid related acne a direct side from testosterone, or, if someone had placebo of plain ethyl oleate would they explode with acne?

common side effect of testosterone... actually most aas cause this side effect. excess sebum production in the sebacious glands.

I'll agree with steele

Started getting acne at 14 and never stopped. Started AAS at 30 no change in acne.

I have never gotten acne from test. On my first cycle, I got some kind of crud on my scalp from dbol. Never got it again.

...obviously not everyone will have every side effect to every drug. some people die from smelling peanut butter. i actually enjoy eating it. we all have unique bodies and unique genetics. acne while taking testosterone is common. i believe more people will have increased acne while taking testosterone than won't.

Acne, hormones, and
treatment
The main factor in acne is an increased rate ofsebum excretion.
Clinically the condition presents as a greasy skin and the
process is under hormonal control.'
The main stimulus to the production of sebum is androgen,
which acts directly on the sebaceous gland

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1499973&blobtype=pdf

More direct response to original question

If you don't have acne and you start using test and get acne, it's from the test not the oil it's carried in.

I broke out on my last cycle, worse towards the end, and I had lingering occasional pimples.. I've since used Retin-A and it works great IMO.. You use it at night, and it basically dissolves the top layer of skin.. So your skin is left very smooth and clear..

I have another cycle planned for May, but I don't know if Retin-A alone is gonna cut it, so I've decided it's not worth risking IMO, and I'm just buying accutane - gonna do a small dose for the month leading up til the cycle, then double it during the cycle and PCT.. It's gonna cost a few hundred bucks, more than the gear itself, but I don't care.. No way am I gonna break out again..

The thing is tho, I'm gonna have to discontinue the Retin-A during the accutane use, since they're both powerful meds you can't be doubling up on them.

If you don't have acne and you start using test and get acne, it's from the test not the oil it's carried in.

well thats what I was looking for. If test causes it then my buddy got a hold of the real deal. 4th week in with test c and started getting a buttload of BIG ones about a week ago. Folks are aying it's bunk gear so he didn't know if acne was necessarily an indicator of test.

It seems like if you are putting excessive foreign oils into your body they would work out through a zit, but I didn't major in biology. Thanks.

Last edited:
I broke out on my last cycle, worse towards the end, and I had lingering occasional pimples.. I've since used Retin-A and it works great IMO.. You use it at night, and it basically dissolves the top layer of skin.. So your skin is left very smooth and clear..

I have another cycle planned for May, but I don't know if Retin-A alone is gonna cut it, so I've decided it's not worth risking IMO, and I'm just buying accutane - gonna do a small dose for the month leading up til the cycle, then double it during the cycle and PCT.. It's gonna cost a few hundred bucks, more than the gear itself, but I don't care.. No way am I gonna break out again..

The thing is tho, I'm gonna have to discontinue the Retin-A during the accutane use, since they're both powerful meds you can't be doubling up on them.

Damn, that stuffs expensive!! The retin isn't so bad, I will look into these further. Thanks.

i was gonna start a new cycle here in a few weeks and been looking for something to fight the acne i read up on the accutane as much as i can and have 2 questions. Where would be the best place to buy it and at what dose should i start at right b4 the cycle and then on the cycle?

Damn, that stuffs expensive!! The retin isn't so bad, I will look into these further. Thanks.

The Retin-A is rx only, but you can order it from abroad.. There's good prices on Canadian sites, but they want a script of course.. There are others tho that don't require the script and you can get it for like $30-40 a tube..

I'm using brand-name Retin-A "Micro".. It's the most expensive variety, but it's a time-release formula which creates less irritation.. I use the strongest (0.1%) one and have very little irritation at all..

And using it sparingly, the $40 tube can last 2-3 months..

i was gonna start a new cycle here in a few weeks and been looking for something to fight the acne i read up on the accutane as much as i can and have 2 questions. Where would be the best place to buy it and at what dose should i start at right b4 the cycle and then on the cycle?

I'm gonna start at 20-25mg a day for 3-4 wks before my cycle, and then during the cycle doubling that, and running it thru PCT.. This is considered a mild dose, but I've read alot of info that doses this size are almost just as effective as the higher 1mg/kg doses.

As far as where to order it from, I've seen it on a couple sponsors lists, and it's on alot of websites out there.. The cheapest again, are Canadian sites - but they require a script..

A) try hitting a tanning bed 2-3 times a week.
Also, it can be caused by a few things...but most notibaly your control of the amount of testosterone in your body. A gradual increase then flatline then a gradual decrease helps the body to not "freak out" and act accordingly. You may want to try something in which you can control the half-life more such as propionate. Breakouts normally occur when you have a dramatic increase or decrease of test. This is why I prefer propionate so that I can control this more easily. It can be done w/ long acting esters just do some research:)

long acting esters have the taper built right in

It's going to happen if you have large hormonal fluctuations. If you are on nothing, then start taking exogenous amounts above what your body is accustomed to, it will break you out. Same when going from say 250mg to 750mg. Small increases are important (and decreases to some degree), as well as keeping the correct dosing schedule contstant. You are looking for trouble when following irregular dosing schedules. In other words, if you take a shot 10 days after the last, then the next at 4 days after, then the next at 7 days after, you are going to have large peaks and valleys causing problems. That's why a lot of guys prefer frequent shots and/or ED or EOD dosing if they need to. Knowing the half-lives of the compounds really helps so that you can keep a constant and even supply of the compound in the body without it causing the peaks and valleys. Once you have it under control, and your body adapts to your new dosing amounts/schedule, it will clear up and not cause as many problems, even at high dosages for many people i've known.

Same can be said for hormonal fluctuations from dieting/eating. If you have ever done a CKD plan, you will notice that on low-carb days the skin will clear up, but as soon as you bring carbs back in to replenish glycogen levels, you will get a few zits out of nowhere.

I'll break out more if I eat sat fat foods and or junk and fast foods.

I agree that the increase in sebum will also play a factor for some people.

I also agree that Accutane is the best route for most people with severe acne.

BMJ

It's going to happen if you have large hormonal fluctuations. If you are on nothing, then start taking exogenous amounts above what your body is accustomed to, it will break you out. Same when going from say 250mg to 750mg. Small increases are important (and decreases to some degree), as well as keeping the correct dosing schedule contstant. You are looking for trouble when following irregular dosing schedules. In other words, if you take a shot 10 days after the last, then the next at 4 days after, then the next at 7 days after, you are going to have large peaks and valleys causing problems. That's why a lot of guys prefer frequent shots and/or ED or EOD dosing if they need to. Knowing the half-lives of the compounds really helps so that you can keep a constant and even supply of the compound in the body without it causing the peaks and valleys. Once you have it under control, and your body adapts to your new dosing amounts/schedule, it will clear up and not cause as many problems, even at high dosages for many people i've known.

Same can be said for hormonal fluctuations from dieting/eating. If you have ever done a CKD plan, you will notice that on low-carb days the skin will clear up, but as soon as you bring carbs back in to replenish glycogen levels, you will get a few zits out of nowhere.

I'll break out more if I eat sat fat foods and or junk and fast foods.

I agree that the increase in sebum will also play a factor for some people.

I also agree that Accutane is the best route for most people with severe acne.

BMJ

x2. For me, tapering off is key. A sudden drop in blood levels never did anybody any justice. I know tapering is sort of old school, but I do it every cycle

x2. For me, tapering off is key. A sudden drop in blood levels never did anybody any justice. I know tapering is sort of old school, but I do it every cycle

Long esters by nature taper by themselves. But there is certainly nothing wrong with doing it yourself.

Klowndog bro, sounds like your buddy got some good stuff.

I never had acne in my life until I started on sust the first time. It was bad on my back for several years, then went away, and now it doesn't come back, no matter what I'm on.

Who knows?

For me the key to controlling acne is keeping the estrogen levels under control. High levels and rapid fluctuations in estrogen result in very severe acne for me.

I have never gotten gear based acne. I get a few more then usual during PCT.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear