advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ok tell me again why flex never one an olympia title?

Politics and asshole judges. I remember the Ronnie vs Wheeler days and it was no comparison, Flex Wheeler should have won every time they met. Flex has maybe the most perfect physique ever seen, when he is on point and brings his A game. He was notorious for fucking up his diuretic use from what I recall from time to time so I think there were a few shows where it was obvious but for the most part no one has come close to what he looks like, it is a shame they never game him the title.

In 98-99 Ronnie had freakier bodyparts and was in better condition. Not necessarily rounder or flowed better, or even better balance, just freakier bodyparts while remaining aesthetic and having better condition.

From there... well Ronnie shoulda lost a few times, but you gotta knock out the champ to beat him i guess... (which DID happen in 01, but DIDNT in o6?) so there goes your faulty judging haha

In 98-99 Ronnie had freakier bodyparts and was in better condition. Not necessarily rounder or flowed better, or even better balance, just freakier bodyparts while remaining aesthetic and having better condition.

From there... well Ronnie shoulda lost a few times, but you gotta knock out the champ to beat him i guess... (which DID happen in 01, but DIDNT in o6?) so there goes your faulty judging haha

I disagree with you a little bit about 98-99 - he had perfect symmetry. I'm not sure what body parts you believed didn't flow on Ronnie, but I do agree that he was freaky. Even up until 2006 he was freaky. But I completely disagree whenever the 2001 situation is brought up. Ronnie was superior in terms of his shape, clearly destroyed Jay in terms of sheer size and muscularity, and just looked better than Jay, despite popular opinion. If you want to talk specific body parts, take your pick. But the most clear is Ronnies double biceps back shot. It just made 2001 Cutler look like an amateur. Cutler is also clearly off balance, having more muscle on one side of his body, and has been this way for years.

And people forget Cutler had quite a nice gut back in 2001, but that seems to be a taboo statement. (see pic below)

Having said that, the reason that Flex never won was purely political and based on his outspokenness. He shoots from the hip, doesn't care about peoples feelings or reactions, and just was not well liked, and that's a fact. It's unfortunate that people are not judged solely on what they bring to the stage, but he was very cocky throughout his competitive years, and never really showed respect to anyone - even on stage when Ronnie defeated him.

His physique was unreal, and really pleasing to look at. But his mouth was a huge turn off, and again, although I disagree with how it went down, I can almost guarantee the reason he did not win more competitions was based on this sole factor.

Attachments

• Cutler2001gutVsRonnie2001.JPG
    Cutler2001gutVsRonnie2001.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 278
The '98 / '99 (olympia) and '01 (arnold) were and probably will be the best physiques to his the stage for a long time. Flex had no shot even on his best day to beat ronnie. And please realize i'm a huge Flex proponent. I think if he would have won in '98 we wouldn't have seen such a huge mess of unpleasing physiques today as there are. Ronnie just kept getting bigger and bigger, but in my opinion not necessarly better. I don't think we would have seen that with flex. Classic lines would have been a lot more prevelant over the last 10 years.

Dorian.

I was in the sixth row in 06. Ronnie did get blown away on Friday night. It wasn't close. Sat it was but it was a two day show and Jay was the clear winner.

I agree with you tpfu,ronnie was well deserved to win in BOTH years-even though flex did look incredible(especially in 1999)-but ronnie was just better.

I think this might be one of the reasons...

Last edited:
...but I dont hate on Flex. The more I learn about him the more I like him.

I disagree with you a little bit about 98-99 - he had perfect symmetry. I'm not sure what body parts you believed didn't flow on Ronnie, but I do agree that he was freaky. Even up until 2006 he was freaky. But I completely disagree whenever the 2001 situation is brought up. Ronnie was superior in terms of his shape, clearly destroyed Jay in terms of sheer size and muscularity, and just looked better than Jay, despite popular opinion. If you want to talk specific body parts, take your pick. But the most clear is Ronnies double biceps back shot. It just made 2001 Cutler look like an amateur. Cutler is also clearly off balance, having more muscle on one side of his body, and has been this way for years.

And people forget Cutler had quite a nice gut back in 2001, but that seems to be a taboo statement. (see pic below)

Having said that, the reason that Flex never won was purely political and based on his outspokenness. He shoots from the hip, doesn't care about peoples feelings or reactions, and just was not well liked, and that's a fact. It's unfortunate that people are not judged solely on what they bring to the stage, but he was very cocky throughout his competitive years, and never really showed respect to anyone - even on stage when Ronnie defeated him.

His physique was unreal, and really pleasing to look at. But his mouth was a huge turn off, and again, although I disagree with how it went down, I can almost guarantee the reason he did not win more competitions was based on this sole factor.

Good points regarding Flex. IMHO one of the greatest ever and an "uncrowned" Mr. Olympia in many peoples eyes.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws