over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Anyone here train mma?

luciddreams

Newbies
OK, Ive been a member of this board for ahwile now but havent been around to post. Now I know this is a pro BB board but I was wondering if anyone here trains in mma or any kinda martial arts. I know BBA used to what about anyone else?

I myself am a muay thai instructor at my gym and have been(am still) training in wrestling, BJJ, and boxing along with muay thai. I used to want to be a bb but realized I dont have the genetics so instead I came back to my true calling.....a fighter. Had my first mma fight last august (fought at 205) against a guy who unbeknownst to me was 8-1 (8 wins, 1 loss) until I get into the ring. Anyway, I guess this guy thought he was going to run over some sissy who was having his first fight. I guess he didnt expect to run into me :) For 2 five min rounds we went to war. Just me and another man fighting for victory. I went in mentally telling myself "Now, I dont know this guy or what hes got and I dont care because Im not going down and Im not giving up, I will die before I give up" I about knocked him out in the first 5 secs of the fight with a jab cross, but he was able to recover and come after me. However, after his first onslaught I began to get the better of him every time we would stand and when it went to the ground he wasnt doing anything at all. He was a tough SOB and took some HARD shots from me. He also gave me some pretty hard shots too. Now let me tell you all there is no greater feeling than when its all said and done and your hand is raised in victory. Very intoxicating. But you can only respect a man who went the distance with you and took all you had along the way. It was a life changing experience for me. Ive got the fight on dvd and if I knew how to get some still shots and post them here I will do it.
Anyway, Id love to hear from anyone else who trains or who just loves the sport.

Later

You sound like I used to...

Yep bro, I was a fighter -- even fought on the pro level. Met all the top guys, partied w/ them etc.. It is an exhilerating sport, fast, fun, a little dangerous, and it ended w/ me in jail lol. Anyhow good luck bro and have some fun.

Ivan

Have you caught any of the Ultimate fighter yet?
Id like to a seen you enter and clean some house :)
Not sure you coulda though since your already pro?

I used to train a few years back. I wrestled since junior high so I was alwasy into rolling around. I went to a few camps, the best one I went to was by Marcelo Alonso - Carlson Gracie Black belt. I won my weight division at the camp, but never got serious enough to compete. I still roll around with my friends, and i tell you I am smoked when I leave there. Good luck in your future fights.

Ivan whats up bro? Could you elaborate a little bit without going into too much detail how you ended up in jail because of mma? Was that experience alone what made you leave the sport?

I work as a bouncer on the weekends and its funny how guys walk around thinking they are so tough when they have absolutely no idea what that word means. Training for a fight was the hardest thing I've ever done...but going through it really strenghtened my character and resolve.......pushing myself beyond the physical limits of my body. People just dont realize what this kind of training does to a man.....unless you have been through it yourself. i feel like a different kind of human......not trying to sound cocky...but is just a fact. I'm a fairly laid back kinda guy but if you test me...God help you.

There is only trained and untrained

i'm just testing the waters... just getting myself in shape before i go to any type of class... did some training in the marines and now that i'm out, i miss it.. plus, i can use it at work (i bounce as well)...

Yeah .......I agree with all coments that were made here ....I have trained with and know many of the best in MMA during my days .....But 10 years ago the sport was in it's infantcy[ when I did it ] and the guys were no where near as good as they are today . I fought 9 times and won them all .Most were against big bar room brawler types that were not highly conditioned .Sometimes ,I miss it and wonder how well I would do today . But that is a sport that you truely live in order to do well against the best in the sport . I was training 4-6 hours a day 6 days a week and it was brutal .Nothing like stepping into the ring with everyone watching ........you lose ,there are no excuses .....I miss that competion , but I don't miss the time involved to get really good . Man , there are some great guys in MMA , but far many more insecure assholes . Just as bad if not worse than in Bodybuilding or my short stint in pro football . I think pricks and bullies are drawn to these sports because they are drawn to feeling physically superior over others . We have many good guys in my area and I know most of them . There is group of guys that is decent ,that are also bouncers at several clubs that my buddy owns . These guys have fought in Gladitor challinge , king of the Cage , and UFC . They are tatted up , juiced , and think they are the baddest guys on earth . It is bad for the sport and these guys know thier attitudes suck , but don't care . About a week ago , I got into with one of them at my club . We went outside to handle our issue , and honestly I was nervous , because conditioning wise I knew I couldn't measure up . I figured I had maybe 30 secs before I gassed if I brought it hard ........Well , it turned out alright , except I got blood all over my new suit ..lol ... ..but fighting someone that is shape and knows what they are doing is very scary if you don't have much gas in your tank. IMO ....I walked away lucky and the kid got drug away alittle more humble ..........Goodluck , with your journey into the sport .......And rajin , you are right . Ivan would destroy any of those 205 ers on that UFC show ......I have no doubts . He would crush those guys ......That show makes me mad ....there are better guys out there , I promise you that !

I just started traininng MMA 4 months ago. I had 10 years wrestling experience prior, but already fuck up my knee training because some dumb ass 10 year vet got mad , and kick me in the knee because I could beat his ass after 1 month of training in the grappling aspect of MMA. My striking skills suck, but I 'm working on that. The ass that kicked me does muay thai and JKD for awhile.

Muay thai, JKD, bjj, sombo and judo is what were learning. I pretty much can take anyone down even the instructor to the mat. I need to work on submissions, and countering reversals when I take opponents down though as the more experienced grapplers know alot of reversals to being taken down.

BBA trained MMA? huh? When?

mung said:
BBA trained MMA? huh? When?
Everyone thinks us Asians are trained in MMA! :p ;) :D

fought/trained MMA from 1998 to 2002. Had my son and gave it up ue t time but loved every minute of it. I came from boxing but of crosed crossed trainined into submission wrestling.
I fought both in the IFC and WEF (back when it ws around). I also fought in a few very small events.
I will post more on how I trained when I get home from work.

I too fought in the IFC and the USC. I loved it in the begining, but learned that i was not good enough to make a living at it. I then had a family and now only train once in a while. From my camp, the only guys that stuck around were the ones who had nothing and had nothing to lose. this was my camp www.2shoot.com

Attachments

• logo_teamshoot.gif
    logo_teamshoot.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 170

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads