over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT/ custom motorcycle

Capin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I wanted to put up something totaly different get away from AAS and training and all our problems. I like at lot of guys have owned a few bikes over the years and I always wanted to build my own bike so for the past few years I have been piecing one together.
So far I have spent about about $27,000 its a DNA softail frame with an Ultima 120cid engine. I was a diesel mechanic for about 19 years and a welder for the past 19 years so building a bike seems pretty darn simple to me. I am making most of the parts my self the front fender was quite a project its all steel const then I had the entire thing chromed we went back and masked off a design for the tips then scuffed up the rest of the chrome and painted it a merlot red it came out looking fantastic! Im doing the same to the rear fender. I am currently working on the dash which will include a Dakota Digital speedo and tach, oil temp and oil psi guages.
heres a pic.

So I wanted to put up something totaly different get away from AAS and training and all our problems. I like at lot of guys have owned a few bikes over the years and I always wanted to build my own bike so for the past few years I have been piecing one together.
So far I have spent about about $27,000 its a DNA softail frame with an Ultima 120cid engine. I was a diesel mechanic for about 19 years and a welder for the past 19 years so building a bike seems pretty darn simple to me. I am making most of the parts my self the front fender was quite a project its all steel const then I had the entire thing chromed we went back and masked off a design for the tips then scuffed up the rest of the chrome and painted it a merlot red it came out looking fantastic! Im doing the same to the rear fender. I am currently working on the dash which will include a Dakota Digital speedo and tach, oil temp and oil psi guages.
heres a pic.

That sounds awesome! I'm a motorcycle fan in general, I like everything from sport bikes to cruisers. The pictures didn't work!

Here's some pictures of my current bike...

Attachments

• IMG_2661.jpg
    IMG_2661.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2662.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 299
here she is

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 251
srry for the giant pics not sure how to reduce them

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it! I can clearly see that you've put a lot of money into it, no doubt about that. It's nice to have another hobby aside from bodybuilding. I can't imagine what I would do if my only hobby was bodybuilding... I'd go insane.

Ya I hear ya sometimes I gotta get away from the weights thats a nice sport bike you have I had a really nice RC-51 that I totaled twice at the racetrack in Portland those days are gone for me now Im to old and slow for sportbikes the corners come up to fast now!

Ya I hear ya sometimes I gotta get away from the weights thats a nice sport bike you have I had a really nice RC-51 that I totaled twice at the racetrack in Portland those days are gone for me now Im to old and slow for sportbikes the corners come up to fast now!

Funny you say that, I'm only 30 but I ride my sport bike so little these days it feels like I really need a cruiser so I've been looking at Harleys lately. Oddly enough I really like the sportsters since they've got a sporty look to them yet they can still be a decent cruiser for around town.

I used to track my bike all the time out at the MotoCorsa track days at PIR. That was so much fun but it's expensive to have that hobby and bodybuilding.

wow, great job Capin!

I just went darkside with a GYTT on my VTX1800R....looks pretty nasty. Handles just fine, as well thankfully lol

Also just finished up mounting a FLH batwing fairing but need to push the headlight out to make it look right.

Really wanted to go to Laconia but mid 50's and rain for 4 hours to get there we decided next year lol.

I'll try to get some pics but I'm not too smart phone savvy :D

thats nice JM750 I love the steel braided lines that must have cost you?

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 182
I wanted something different and went with copper tubing
resized these pics asked a mod to delete that giant sideways one

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 189
Nice Bike!! I got a stock Road King in 2004 and built it this way. It is kicking out about 108 HP, mostly for highway use.

Attachments

• 100_5763.jpg
    100_5763.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_5764.jpg
    100_5764.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_5767.jpg
    100_5767.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_5770.jpg
    100_5770.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_5769.jpg
    100_5769.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 224
Nice lookin machines fellas :headbang:
You like that Ultima Capin?? Had a buddy that swore by that 120. I've always been into sportbikes myself, and owned 5 over the years. But I've recently fallen for Retro Mod-style bikes. Anyone heard of Faith Forgotten Choppers ?? I was thinking about getting in touch with them concerning a build.

Great lookin bikes. I have a VTX 1800 R that I tinker with all the time addiing after market parts to it, but nothing like what you guys are doing here. Love the bike Capin.

gotta watch that Ultima 120cid engine they run HOT if you are in a parade or slow bike rally you might melt your paint right off your tank ...They are bad to the bone ! I ride a mastiff Special edition 150 made and 75 were carberated ...I have the 117 S&S with a super G carb jetted out its a fire ball :headbang:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member