advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ot/ Whats everyone think about the Holyfield match in Oct?

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ive never ordere pay per view before but i think I just might have to this time. I cant believe Evander Holyfield is coming back. Wonder what the odds are on this fight. I wouldnt think Evandar would win, but you never know. Anyone out there follow boxing closely and have some opinions? Im thinking its just a money maker for Holyfield.
**broken link removed**

I'm mixed on the whole deal. I always think about Foreman (one of the greatest of all time in my opinion) and how he kept coming back and won the championship at 45 yo. But at the same time, those ppv cost $50. The last time I paid for a ppv was for Tyson's comeback from prison and it only lasted 75 seconds. That's like .70 cents per second. After that one, I learned to just wait for the replay on sports center.

I'm mixed on the whole deal. I always think about Foreman (one of the greatest of all time in my opinion) and how he kept coming back and won the championship at 45 yo. But at the same time, those ppv cost $50. The last time I paid for a ppv was for Tyson's comeback from prison and it only lasted 75 seconds. That's like .70 cents per second. After that one, I learned to just wait for the replay on sports center.

Yeah, thats always a chance you take. Im mainly wondering if Holyfield has a shot at this, last time I saw him fight he looked terrible in the ring. He was real slow. Seems like age mostly affects the speed more than anything, the power of the punches still seems as good. Reaction speed slows.

BOXING IS LITERALLY DEAD IN THE WATER.. NO EXCITEMENT.. PPV IS DEAD WITH BOXING.. MMA IS KILLING BOXING IN ALL AREAS.. AS FOR THE FIGHT.. HE HAS TO LEARN WHEN TO QUIT.. HE SEES A OPENING FOR MORE AND MORE MONEY.. GOOD FOR HIM I GUESS.. BUT, WHEN DO YA FINALLY HANG IT UP?..

BOXING IS LITERALLY DEAD IN THE WATER.. NO EXCITEMENT.. PPV IS DEAD WITH BOXING.. MMA IS KILLING BOXING IN ALL AREAS.. AS FOR THE FIGHT.. HE HAS TO LEARN WHEN TO QUIT.. HE SEES A OPENING FOR MORE AND MORE MONEY.. GOOD FOR HIM I GUESS.. BUT, WHEN DO YA FINALLY HANG IT UP?..

Yeah, thats pretty much how I feel about it too. I guess part of me is still holding onto the idea that he might come back after a retirement like Foreman did and win the match somehow. If that happened I wouldnt want to miss seeing it live.

he is making more money, but when you are so punch drunk what is the purpose, you do not know how to spend it.

HOlyfield is only going hurt himself more each time he steps into the ring. SAD!!

whos he fighting? i didnt even know he was retired. thats how much i DONT watch boxing. the last fight i watched was mayweather and de la hoya and i didnt even learn of that fight until the day b4. i didnt even know it was a huge fight...

Definitely agree. When there is a good main event in boxing, all the under cards aren't even worth watching. As opposed to a UFC ppv, where you get three or four exciting fights at the same event. That way, if there is a 90 second knockout, you still get your money's worth from the other fights.

everybody loves a comeback story, and boxing is in dire need of a hero... I'm for it I just don't want the guy to make a fool of himself.

It's gotta be very difficult to retire from one's passion...

I don't follow boxing much any more, but, as an old guy, I'd love to see him knock the snot out of some young punk. IMO Foreman's KO and Coutour's wins were the greatest moments in sport.....

Ive never ordere pay per view before but i think I just might have to this time. I cant believe Evander Holyfield is coming back. Wonder what the odds are on this fight. I wouldnt think Evandar would win, but you never know. Anyone out there follow boxing closely and have some opinions? Im thinking its just a money maker for Holyfield.
**broken link removed**

I hope its good but im not expecting anything impressive.

It's a bad day when I never heard of either of the 2 heavyweight boxing champions:confused:

I agree with lats

lats your right on man boxing is dead! MMA is has taken over and this boxing match is just another attempt to keep boxing alive. There are no more great champions or exciting fights........boxing is almost done.

lats your right on man boxing is dead! MMA is has taken over and this boxing match is just another attempt to keep boxing alive. There are no more great champions or exciting fights........boxing is almost done.

Dont think you can say that. If you look at the two, which one generates the most revenue? Boxing by far! You dont see MMA fighters making millions of dollars for one fight. Most of the guys have contracts that pay something like $120 k per year. Boxing brings in much more money and has a much larger fan base.
If I had to choose which one to watch though, i would watch the MMA every time. Much more exciting and entertaining to me. I would also rather watch a pro bodybuilding contest on tv than a professional football game, but the average joe out there could care less about bodybuilding. Its all about selling to the masses.

i'm a cheap bastard, so if it's a sporting event i wanna see and know it's on ppv, i'll call around to the local sport bars to see if they're getting it and just go there with a few friends ;)

He is old and has looked terrible for many years now. I would never pay to see this fight, probably wont even watch the re-play of it. The guy he is fighting for one belt is average at best but he will desrtoy Evander with ease.

So many great boxing fights on and this piece of crap gets publicity, go figure.

As far as boxing being dead that is hog wash and wishfull thinking by MMA nuthuggers. Boxing PPV's own MMA PPV's in a big way. Every sport has it's ups and downs, boxing is doing fine, it is just the heavyweight division that is lame right now. Real boxing fans watch more than just the heavyweights.

Last edited:
I think Evander is in for an ass whippin. Hate to say that cause I've always like Holifield. But he should stay retired. Just hope he doesn't get hurt too badly!

Should be really interesting cant wait to see it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131