over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Partial Tricep Tear

swim15

Registered
Went to a sports medicine doc this week and she told me I have a partial tricep tear. No I have not had an MRI done yet but her diagnosis based on ROM exercises, touch, and x-rays was a deep medial head partial tear.

I will probably be getting an MRI done later.

That said, I was wanting to hear opinions/experiences on recovery options.

I know GH would be ideal and she recommended PRP which is very expensive and insurance doesn't cover it so it would be around 3k for full treatment.

I could get gh for a fraction of that but gh is still pricy.

As far as cost effectiveness, I am thinking about using a liberal amount of thymosin beta 4 and was really curious to see if anyone has had experience using it with this type or injury.

Any input is appreciated.

If relevant, I am running 1000mg test, 600mg deca, with some dbol. Just stopped 1200 EQ so it is in my system still.

Also, for the trolls that will rant about not having the MRI done. Bottom line, is it is an injury to soft tissue (which we know from the xray), specifically muscle since it goes up 2-3in from the joint. So assuming a soft tissue injury, I am wondering what my best recovery options would be.

Last edited:
Gh is the best option. LR3 is the next best. If you can swing both, recovery would even faster.

what dose of gh would you guys say and what would you guess recovery time to be? Kinda hard to guess that but are you thinking 4 weeks or 12 weeks. Just generally

if u get an MRI and just shows muscle and tendons/ligaments are ok then I'd still suggest you drop down to a cruise dose of test/deca and let the eq keep clearing out.... ice, compression wraps/sleeves, motrin, rest, and tb4 at the site would be similar to the platelet therapy your dr is suggesting in the 2-4mg/wk.. hgh would would work perfect probably in the 3-4ius or you can do peptide option of ghrp of choice ghrp2/ipa/hex and cjc/no-dac together at 100mcg ea 2-4 times a day, the more the better dosed about every 3-4 hours... either way stop all tricep training for a few weeks at least since you dont to worsen the tear or have it carry over to tendons/ligaments where you worst case end up in my boat 5mo into surg/rehab of a complete tri tendon rupture, physical therapy where they do deep tissue work to break up the scar tissue also does wonders as well as contribute to circulation of fresh blood flow

Let me make couple of important points. Firstly, the x-ray is completely useless for anything other than ruling out a fracture; it does not show soft tissue. The reason why the MRI is necessary is because right now you don't know if there is any tendinous involvement or the extent to which the muscle belly is torn if it is not tendon. Currently when you contract the muscle can you see the normal shape of the muscle or does it appear distorted? If distorted, please explain. Secondly, is there any noticeable difference in actual strength since the injury? In other words if you do a tricep isolation exercise for each arm do they feel the same strength-wise or is there a noticeable difference? Lastly, where specifically is the pain and at what point of your movements do you feel your pain?

I had a partial tear in my lateral heard of the triceps. Upper arm was purple, I had bad bruising. Took 6 weeks to recover 100%, without any therapy or nothing. I just cruised on 250mg/week until it healed.

if u get an MRI and just shows muscle and tendons/ligaments are ok then I'd still suggest you drop down to a cruise dose of test/deca and let the eq keep clearing out.... ice, compression wraps/sleeves, motrin, rest, and tb4 at the site would be similar to the platelet therapy your dr is suggesting in the 2-4mg/wk.. hgh would would work perfect probably in the 3-4ius or you can do peptide option of ghrp of choice ghrp2/ipa/hex and cjc/no-dac together at 100mcg ea 2-4 times a day, the more the better dosed about every 3-4 hours... either way stop all tricep training for a few weeks at least since you dont to worsen the tear or have it carry over to tendons/ligaments where you worst case end up in my boat 5mo into surg/rehab of a complete tri tendon rupture, physical therapy where they do deep tissue work to break up the scar tissue also does wonders as well as contribute to circulation of fresh blood flow

Thanks for the input, really appreciate it. Will probably do gh or a combo of TB4 and other peptideds.

Let me make couple of important points. Firstly, the x-ray is completely useless for anything other than ruling out a fracture; it does not show soft tissue. The reason why the MRI is necessary is because right now you don't know if there is any tendinous involvement or the extent to which the muscle belly is torn if it is not tendon. Currently when you contract the muscle can you see the normal shape of the muscle or does it appear distorted? If distorted, please explain. Secondly, is there any noticeable difference in actual strength since the injury? In other words if you do a tricep isolation exercise for each arm do they feel the same strength-wise or is there a noticeable difference? Lastly, where specifically is the pain and at what point of your movements do you feel your pain?

That is what I meant. Since the xray ruled out a fracutre, it means the injury is to soft tissue (tendon/ligament/muscle).

I am getting an MRI this week or next, also.

When I flex the muscle, there is no distortion. It may actually look better than my other side.

As far as strength, I don't know. Haven't been able to hit chest or tris in about 4-6 weeks. Pain is in the medial head (almost under the lateral head, really deep and to the side) from the joint to about 3in up my arm in the tricep itself.

I don't normally notice it day to day but now and then I will. Doesn't hurt in day to day stuff per se, just feels...off. If I press on it it is a very acute pain in the exact place I described. If I lift even very small amounts (as in pressing 20% of my 1RM) then my elbow gets extremely stiff, tricep gets tight and the pain is in the same place I described. Not searing...feels like extreme stiffness, inflammation, and kinda like a very deep fresh bruise if I had to try to explain it.

I had a partial tear in my lateral heard of the triceps. Upper arm was purple, I had bad bruising. Took 6 weeks to recover 100%, without any therapy or nothing. I just cruised on 250mg/week until it healed.

You are very lucky. Hoping I can be good to go in 6-8 weeks. Were you lifting on all other body parts and were you using gh/peptides?

Thanks for the input, really appreciate it. Will probably do gh or a combo of TB4 and other peptideds.

That is what I meant. Since the xray ruled out a fracutre, it means the injury is to soft tissue (tendon/ligament/muscle).

I am getting an MRI this week or next, also.

When I flex the muscle, there is no distortion. It may actually look better than my other side.

As far as strength, I don't know. Haven't been able to hit chest or tris in about 4-6 weeks. Pain is in the medial head (almost under the lateral head, really deep and to the side) from the joint to about 3in up my arm in the tricep itself.

I don't normally notice it day to day but now and then I will. Doesn't hurt in day to day stuff per se, just feels...off. If I press on it it is a very acute pain in the exact place I described. If I lift even very small amounts (as in pressing 20% of my 1RM) then my elbow gets extremely stiff, tricep gets tight and the pain is in the same place I described. Not searing...feels like extreme stiffness, inflammation, and kinda like a very deep fresh bruise if I had to try to explain it.

You are very lucky. Hoping I can be good to go in 6-8 weeks. Were you lifting on all other body parts and were you using gh/peptides?

Sounds like you are right on with your assessment with a partial tear in the muscle. I have used IGF-1 and GH with great success with both my triceps surgeries; didn't have TB4 then but would add that too.

Sounds like you are right on with your assessment with a partial tear in the muscle. I have used IGF-1 and GH with great success with both my triceps surgeries; didn't have TB4 then but would add that too.

Fantastic. Thanks for your input man, really appreciate it.

How long did it take you to recover?

Fantastic. Thanks for your input man, really appreciate it.

How long did it take you to recover?

its really subjective on your genetics I think. Since my ortho presumed I would probably need a graft...which would have been a whole different journey cuz you never never know if your body is going to take to the foreign tissue in first place, and for the triceps and load it bears they have to use a cadaver achilles, to my knowledge there isnt any freely available supplemental tendons etc to spare from body strong enough to handle the job, so besides that they have to open you up more and basically sew that shit completely back together like it was quilt from scratch...

I luckily dodged it and my dr was impressed that he was in and out in one hour... enough scrap tendon to spare that I only needed 3 good sutures to anchor everything, but like I mentioned genetics, I keloid scar, which for external injuries it looks a little funny but for internal issues is not good if not handled properly since it can spread like wildfire and if not handled appropriately does more bad than good especially on a key joint like the elbow... Like I'm 5mo deep after surgery and my PT guy is still finding little sneaky patches of scar tissue he has to work on and break down to make sure my ROM and muscle function/utilization is the best it can be.. for example I had a sticking point 2 weeks ago when locking out with resistance I wasnt quite feeling the long head fully flexed/engaged but then found a dif little patch that was causing that road block so just hope for the best and for how far hgh has came in the last 5 years you score some good quality cheap generics and a little test like 200/wk and even var, just 20/day and you'll have the best chance of any for the speediest of recoveries....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear