over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

plantar fasciitis.....HELP!

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok, I am in my late 30's and 5'11" and 215lbs bout 10-12% bf. recently decided to get back in shape (I used to compete a lil for fun, but ended up being more of a guru then athlete) and so I started morn cardio on treadmill at 20 min a day and then weights midday.
started getting all sypmtoms and pain of plantar fasciitis so thought it was my shoes that had worn out. got new shes..... still PAINFUL in the morns when I get out of bed and if I am on my feet too much during the day its really bad... I cant wear flip flops anymore cuz it REALLY gets bad after that...
haven't gone to doc yet, hoping to avoid that (I am a BUSY guy... that's no excuse I know) so starting this thread hoping someone has some insight into what I should do....
(I don't work on my feet.... have NEVER had this before. I do have flat feet...)
-F2S

I had the same problem twice both times it was cured by a pair of new shoes. The first time as order guy told me this trick. Buy a decent pair of hiking boots a half size to small, idk but it worked after a couple weeks. Second time I got a pair of Nike high tops. 12.5 instead of regular 13s. Hope it helps.

Freeze a bottle of water and roll under your foot in the evening. Arch supports in you shoes help to. I had that shit it sucks.

Get inserts.
Frozen water bottle. Roll the bottle under the arch of your foot for 20min.
Upon waking, if in pain, stretch immediately.
Strengthen the entire/foot, tract the alphabet with each foot, A-Z.

Put a towel next to your bed. Before getting up in the morning, put the towel on your foot and grab each end and stretch your foot well. Do that every morning besides the obvious of getting new shoes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tape it! Look up PF taping on youtube. Instant relief. Only thing that worked for me, takes the tension off enough to allow healing also.

Tape it! Look up PF taping on youtube. Instant relief. Only thing that worked for me, takes the tension off enough to allow healing also.

yeah, low taping, low dye taping. i used duct tape. worked for me, and i was on my feet all day long. also rolling over a rolling pin and stretching with a towel as was said here.
u know how much it hurts and then u see nfl guys playing with it. thats some tough shit to do.

I still have lingering plantar fascia in my left foot although it's manageable at the moment. Ice does help, but to completely heal it, you need to completely rest it which means no cardio and no leg day for about a month to 6 weeks. I had to take 6 weeks off from cardio when the pain got really bad. Hgh also seems to help mine not get any worse. I have custom inserts my uncle made me(podiatrist), but those only do so much. Rest is the only solution to full recovery.

Stand on a lacrosse ball and just roll it out. ART also works but the lacrosse ball is much more convenient and fast

Check out the trigger points in your soleus muscle in Bing pictures. This often duplicates, and can act as the cause of plantar pain as well.

I had it bad too, I could do no cardio except bike riding, with 2 weeks it was gone, I think the bike stretched the plantar tendon. arch supports, gel inserts. ice, etc, good luck

the last time i got plantar fasciitis, i used the stretching and ball rolling routine. and it helped for as long as i kept it up. but after a few months of this and a year of dealing with it in general. i tried Super Feet Green that a buddy told me about and most all symptoms where gone in 2 weeks. the green have the most arch support.

GREEN Insole | Superfeet

thanks fellas

ok I froze bottle of water yesrerday will do that this eve. and will stretch every morn. will prob start some peps and see if that helps. REALLY don't want to stop the cardio and weightlifting. I m just now really motivated. ugh!
-F2S

Last edited:
I had to have,surgery on both feet years ago due to PF. Theses guys have given you some good info. I stretch mine all the time.

I had this, it was debilitating.
I took a lacrosse ball and rolled out my calves. I found a spot that was super tight and painful.
I smashed it and rolled it with the lacross ball. I could feel it relax my calve which relaxed my achilles, which relaxed my plantar problem.
I did this for three days. It was excruciating. Even created a bruise under the knot I had in my calf.

I did it for three days nd worked out that spot. And I have been cured since.
I had it for about a year before that,
Treat the problem, not the symptoms. Find the spot where it is originating!!

I wrestled with this for a long time as well, especially the foot pain when stepping out of bed in the mornings. I switched to wearing vibram 5 finger shoes (only them, no other shoes, which might not be feasible for some folks jobs.) and it went away completely after about 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a golf ball. Roll it out until you're in tears. Repeat daily.

No way to tell just how bad you have it, but I waded through therapy, custom insoles, new shoes of different types, ridiculous tendon stretching therapy, to end up getting the Cordizone shot after all.
Doc punched like ten places cross the bottom of my foot to cause damage, but also create healing.

It worked.

I do still have some pain from time to time, but NOTHING even close to what it was like at its worst.

This shit is on par with a serious tooth ache, if not worse.

ITW

I have a massage therapist friend that turned me onto this thing called the "Foot Log". I just checked and if you Google that you'll find it.

Anyway, it's like a cylinder with spiky rubber feet all over it, like different colors, looks like something Lego made.

Hurts like hell when you use it, but grinding my feet on it for like five minutes or so seems to really help when my feet hurt.

I have really flat feet too, and I've noticed that any kind of special insole with an arch seems to hurt more than help. It's like they're forcing your foot into a shape that it isn't.

Good luck, it's amazing how bad hurting feet will jack your day up.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131