over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Plasma expanders

finephysique

Registered
I have heard a lot of whixpers from a couple of contest prep guys about these where they mention them as a great final days contest prep drug but I have never been given any real detail on them and I never hear any competitors openly talking about their use.

Has anyone on here used any of them? If so what type?

Glycerol seems to be a good natural plasma expander, its one of the ingredients in the liquid beef aminos I believe. As for pharmaceutical products I know very little about them and evidence is thin on the ground.

I'm currently using it to keep hydratated during cutting, It seems to work well.

Glycerol was/is widely used here by many on the night before the show. If timed right and in the right quantity the results are very noticeable.

glycerol is cheap and works great if you know how to time it like oldfella said, it pulls water intracelluar (into the muscle) giving you the feeling of being full and the apperance of that pumped look....

Topic intrigues me.

I was just wondering how to take out the best from glycerol, here are some of my unanswered questions:

How long before to take it to achieve the best results?

How much liquid it drains in your body?

Is this action is limited to a contextual take of glyc and water or if it is active if you drink long after you take it?

Topic intrigues me.

I was just wondering how to take out the best from glycerol, here are some of my unanswered questions:

How long before to take it to achieve the best results?

How much liquid it drains in your body?

Is this action is limited to a contextual take of glyc and water or if it is active if you drink long after you take it?

if your doing it pre show i would try 2tbsp the night befor and 2 more doses of 2 tbsp befor prejudging, like first thing in the morn, and another 45 min befor your onstage...

it dosent drain liquid in the body, it pulls fluid intracelluar...

i dont know how long it is active, if i were doing it befor a show i would be pretty dry by the time i took it so the water intake would not really be worth worrying about.. i would take each dose with a like 2-6 oz of water....

these doses are for a 250lb person, for a 200lb i would do like 1-1 1/2 tbsp per dose....

glycerine is alos great to take befor you go to bed, i found my body to really dehydrate itself when sleeping, i would piss all night and wake up flat... i started taking glycerol and i woke up full and didnt have to piss all night.. it also hase some great anti ox benifits!

glycerine is alos great to take befor you go to bed, i found my body to really dehydrate itself when sleeping, i would piss all night and wake up flat... i started taking glycerol and i woke up full and didnt have to piss all night.. it also hase some great anti ox benifits!
That's a really smart way to get rid of the water/food intake lack during nighttime, I will try to mix it with my casein shake before going to bed, Thanks!

This is why I take 2 tbls LBA's before bed in a glass of water. I wake up like KM said. Full and look like i just trained. It will be the LBA and the glycerine!:D

if your doing it pre show i would try 2tbsp the night befor and 2 more doses of 2 tbsp befor prejudging, like first thing in the morn, and another 45 min befor your onstage...

it dosent drain liquid in the body, it pulls fluid intracelluar...

i dont know how long it is active, if i were doing it befor a show i would be pretty dry by the time i took it so the water intake would not really be worth worrying about.. i would take each dose with a like 2-6 oz of water....

these doses are for a 250lb person, for a 200lb i would do like 1-1 1/2 tbsp per dose....

Thanks KM
What is the difference between glycerol and glycerin? Glycerin is readily available over here in the UK but glycerol is not.

Do the LBA's have a high glycerol content?

Has anybody tried any sort of pharmaceutical plasma expanders? I know they are being used by a few of the top guys but know little else about them, I dont even know the names of any of the drugs.

I buy glycerol from a chemical/pharmaceutical factory and it claims to be the same thing, that's the complete name:

BIDISTILLATED GLYCERIN C3H8O3 GLYCERIN/GLYCEROL

on the same product list there's also vegetal glycerin, but it isn't also named glycerol

I hope this would help.

Glycerin and Glycerol are just two names for the exact same thing. You can get veggi based glycerin or animal based glycerin. It is basically just the backbone of a fat molecule (or oil in veggi's case). Chemically there is no differance between veggi and animal glycerin. The only differance is if you need it to be Kosher (jewish) or Halal (muslem) in which case, you can't use animal based. Glycerin is used to sweeten and also soften foods without adding any calories. It is neither a carbohydrate, protein or fat.

What I would like to know is in the case of these LBA's, people using 1/2 or a full bottle per day are getting alot of Glycerin with alot of aminos. Just wondering how that much Glycerine per day would effect your system. Not saying it bad, just wondering what benefits or problems it would cause. I mean you are getting approx 10 oz of glycerin in a 16 oz bottle correct?

What I would like to know is in the case of these LBA's, people using 1/2 or a full bottle per day are getting alot of Glycerin with alot of aminos. Just wondering how that much Glycerine per day would effect your system. Not saying it bad, just wondering what benefits or problems it would cause. I mean you are getting approx 10 oz of glycerin in a 16 oz bottle correct?
I started a thread just o understand the real % of amino and glycerol you can see it here:
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27038
Phil says its 100% amino "with addad glycerol", Oldfella says 95% amino and 5% glycerol (I think it must be more to be "liquid")... honestly I didn't understand how many grams of aminos and how many of glycerol are in this product so, if anybody has the "nutrition facts" table of lba please post it.

Last edited:
Well it is supposedly 5 grams of glycerin for every 5 grams of amino's, so at best it would be 50% on a weight% scale. Looking at it from a nutrition aspect, since glycerin has no nutritional value (carbs, fat, protein) 100% of the nutritional value would be from the amino's.

I have read studies where guys were taking in glycerin at 3 tbsp per day. There are some very good benefits such as antiox, blood acid buffering, and hydration. But these guys were also getting night sweats due to super hydration when they went higher than 3 tbsp per day. Thats why I was wondering what everyone is doing taking in 1/2 to a full bottle of these aminos and getting alot more than 4 tbsp of glycerin per day. I would imagin that night sweats would be a big problem. And I am not sure what else that much glycerin would do. Maybe its good, maybe bad. I just haven't seen anyone take in that much.

One of the few things i read are the direction on the glycerol based supplements: they suggest to take 1 liter of water every 10 ml of glycerol, this could be impossible if you take so much glycerol, since its an oil probably you can have a laxative effect as it happens to me when I eat the "zero carb" protein bars.

I don't think you gat hydratated over a certain level, osmosis has its limits like everything in nature.

The Plasma expander you are talking about for contest pre is mannitol , is a sugar alcohol use in hospitals.Is not safe to use without a guide.

Exactly. I don't think there would be any further benefits to taking in more glycerin from a hydration point, and most likely the extra glycerin would cause sweating. Not sure if that would be actually beneficial as a thermogenic or if it is just causing sweating as a result of itself (ie, you are not turning up the heat to burn fat, you are just burning off the bound glycerin)

The Plasma expander you are talking about for contest pre is mannitol , is a sugar alcohol use in hospitals.Is not safe to use without a guide.

Time to do some reading up on mannitol thanks

Glycerol I've been looking for everywhere !

Km where can I get it ?

you probably wont ever know the exact aa profile and glycerine content of the lba's ... its a trade secret i suppose, if we knew what it was there would be knock offs all over by now..... if you look in the bottle its says "this is a typical aa profile for 5 grams of pro." you notice how phil dosent say much about the way they are made and such, i suppose it is for this reason.....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear