mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Possible tear have questions (with a pic)

TeknoViking

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
k guys i was benching the other day without a spotter i was on about rep 4-5 and when i got to the bottom i felt something happen. i cant explain it it did not really hurt but it tripped me out i was able to get the bar back up about 275 lbs without any problem. I stopped hitting bench because something felt off so i went over to the hammer strength machines and felt no discomfort at all. I then continued to do my back but no discomfort too.

so a few days after i look at that air pit area and it feels tight...it does not hurt it just feels a little soar and very tight. It looked a little swollen as well. I was bruised but the weird thing is that the only color from the bruising is where i had stretch marks before. I have been reading a lot and when people really tear something they said their whole chest will be bruised. Its been so long since i have had new stretchmarks lol i forget what they look like when they first appears please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    2 KB · Views: 311
looks like a rupture, and a meager one at that

dont bench for 4 to 6 weeks, then INTRODUCE a forward pressing movment
to access the situation.

youll be fine

:cool:

looks like a rupture, and a meager one at that

dont bench for 4 to 6 weeks, then INTRODUCE a forward pressing movment
to access the situation.

youll be fine

:cool:

Not to jack this thread but WTF!!!! Tenny u alive?

thanks boss! I am so happy to hear that since i just broke up with my chick and the gym is my home now ha. Thanks for the input.

It kinda looks like you tore the skin and not the muscle. Is the skin sore or the muscle?

could be too, but i thought i saw some muscle swellage

with a skin tear (as with my experience) has been accompanied with slight
blood raising to the surface

I dont think u tore it . I had something lookin like that on my calf from doing standing raises gut kinda scared went to the dr and he sed i didnt tear anythin but might have popped a vein

ya like i said i did not feel like i lost any strength or anything prob a skin tear.

ya like i said i did not feel like i lost any strength or anything prob a skin tear.

Next time you have a medical question, feel free to ask Dr. Q:)

lol dude i was tripping because someone said i should go get an mri and all this but you know how people are the gym they know nothing ha. glad i could get some advice on it.

I would say your strained or have a really minor tear in your muscle. I have had serveral like that and recovered from them all by just resting the area.

I tore my lat once and had a bruise about 4x that size you have and it healed in about one week. I would use the amount of pain you have as a gauge, and also how the muscle functions and if there is swelling. You could get an MRI but I doubt most docs would even go that far. If youre really nervous about it and have decent health inusrance you might want to see a doc.

I would say your strained or have a really minor tear in your muscle. I have had serveral like that and recovered from them all by just resting the area.

I tore my lat once and had a bruise about 4x that size you have and it healed in about one week. I would use the amount of pain you have as a gauge, and also how the muscle functions and if there is swelling. You could get an MRI but I doubt most docs would even go that far. If youre really nervous about it and have decent health inusrance you might want to see a doc.

Yea I totally agree. When Jay tore his didnt turn color for like 3-4 days. He dropped me off at the airport all it was was swollen he came to pick me up 4 days later is was nasty looking. He said he felt like a snap when it happened. Come to find out after his MRI it was infact a tear. He could still workout and all but as you seen in the pics in stage the damage it did.
Speaking of Jay he is having his surgey as we speak on that bicep.

DO NOT LET THE SIZE OF THE BRUISING MAKE YOU THINK YOU HAVE ONLY A LITTLE TEAR

i had bruising on the right bicep near the insertion sight but only around the size of 2 fingers running down my arm. every1 with experience said dont worry wont be major.

had surgery as the MRI showed a full tendon detatchment. turns out they read it wrong i have a major grade 3 muscle belly rutpure that is unrepairable and will be deformed for every.

take it seriously and get it scanned. I cant push anything for 12 weeks.

Last edited:
did yours hurt though when you worked out the bis?

DO NOT LET THE SIZE OF THE BRUISING MAKE YOU THINK YOU HAVE ONLY A LITTLE TEAR

i had bruising on the right bicep near the insertion sight but only around the size of 2 fingers running down my arm. every1 with experience said dont worry wont be major.

had surgery as the MRI showed a full tendon detatchment. turns out they read it wrong i have a major grade 3 muscle belly rutpure that is unrepairable and will be deformed for every.

take it seriously and get it scanned. I cant push anything for 12 weeks.

I would listen to this since Hilly has been through it. I know that tendons dont have many pain recetors so you probably wouldnt feel too much pain if its a lot of tendon.

If a tendon tears there wont be much bleeding either. I tore what I think was the fascia in my quads 2x and there was no bleeding at all, but both times the pain was very intense and I could barely walk.

When you tore your tendon, did you have much pain? You say there was a bad tear in the muscle belly but you had little bleeding?

I would listen to this since Hilly has been through it. I know that tendons dont have many pain recetors so you probably wouldnt feel too much pain if its a lot of tendon.

If a tendon tears there wont be much bleeding either. I tore what I think was the fascia in my quads 2x and there was no bleeding at all, but both times the pain was very intense and I could barely walk.

When you tore your tendon, did you have much pain? You say there was a bad tear in the muscle belly but you had little bleeding?

A fair bit of pain initially then it wore off after 20 mins or I went into shock.

Couldnt feel my fingers for most of the day.

They presumes a tendon tear because that's we're the bruising was.

When they cut me open the tendon was fine but the muscle was badly torn about 1-2 inch down from the arm pit. Towards the nipple.

No actual bruise at the tear site on my pec.

My experience has led me to recommend scans to every1 and be very careful.

tore my bicep tendon, training for a fight a few years ago. trust me you will fucking know that you tore it lol. i tried to straighten my arm out and it cramped up so bad i couldnt move it. like an idiot i thought it was a partial muscle tear and didnt see a dr for three weeks, only to watch the bruising get worse....and finally when i got an mri...it revealed a big tear. emergency surgery before christmas. it took me over a year to get back to normal, and even now the arm fatigues faster and isnt as strong as it used to be. be cautious man

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDrummer47
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws