over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Powerlifting Advice.

anarchocapitalist

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm going into my 2nd powerlifting meet. Its the first week of May.

Last year my buddy convinced me to go with him to keep him company. Although I was still recovering from cancer, chemotherapy, and surgeries, I managed to place 2nd in the 100kg weight class and had the biggest bench. I didn't really train for it and I didn't have any equipment like knee wraps or anything. To be honest I don't think it was a very competitive class my squat was a little over 500, my bench 350, and my deadlift was a little over 550lbs. In the 90kg class below I me I saw some strong men. But I fell in love with powerlifting.

I'm about 12 weeks away. I bought a thick belt and some knee wraps.

1. Whats a decent powerlifting program? I see everything from 5x5, Westside, 531, yada yada. Basically right now I'm doing a bodybuilding routine where I hit each muscle group once per week with about 3 exercises. A chest workout for example is barbell bench 3 sets 5 reps, incline press 3 sets, and some dips 3 sets. I see guys having a "speed day" "max day" etc. A couple powerlifters in my gym told me my first mistake is having a "chest day" haha. Makes sense. The only thing I don't want to do is start calculating %s and shit. I just like to train as heavy and hard as I can every workout.

2. A couple powerlifting guys at my gym also hardly ever do the main lifts. I see them doing box squats, chains, bands, boards, etc. Is all this necessary? To be honest I think a few of the powerlifters at my gym are clowns. One of them can hardly squat 315lbs for a handful of reps but tosses on stretchy suit and can slap on 650lbs!! I've been watching videos of Ed Coan, Karowski, etc and they don't talk about board, chains, this stuff at all. Or at least in the handful of vids I've seen.

3. How is the gear different in powerlifting than bodybuilding? The handful of powerlifters at my gym seem to use a lot of testosterone. Right now I'm 5'6" 215lbs with abs and I want to stay under 220 so I can remain in the 100kg class. My last cycle was 800mg test per week and I ended up 225lbs. I'm thinking if I shoot 1200mg of test per week for 12 weeks and use some trenbolone (6 weeks @ 400mg/wk) I should probably stay under 220 if I sweat out some water the night before.

Thanks for any advice.

Oh ya. Right now I'm doing 4-6 reps on everything. I see Coan and Karowski go from 8 reps down to triples or doubles prior to the contest. Should I do that? Start training 8 reps and say every 3 weeks drop it down 2 reps.

Weeks 9-12 do 8 reps.
Weeks 6-9 do 6 reps.
Weeks 3-6 do 4 reps.
Weeks 1-3 do 2-3 reps ??

Last edited:
I competed in power lifting during the early 80's and loved it. Follow Ed Coan's routine for the most part dont over train negatives helped me the most. I did not go to my first meet until I could squat and deadlift 3 times my body weight and bench twice my body weight dont waste your time going just to go go to win!
Test cyp & anadrol is the majik combo for strength
GH would help if its in your budjet
I was in the 220's also
563 bench (no shirt)
847 squat
740 dead
When you get a chance check Coans lifts when he was in the 220's it will blow ur mind
Hope that helps brother good luck to you!

This are some nice stats. 220 with abs. Raw meets no equipment are becoming popular again.
You are crazy strong for some one who has not been focusing in strength.

Last edited:
i would jump on elitefts.com and check out Dave Tates articles on Westside Barbell Training and the Conjugate Method

Check out the Cube method that Brandon Lilly came out with. Also check out articles by Chad Smith on jtsstrength.com

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws