advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Loss of Taste and Smell from yours truly ....advice?

2jacked4u

Registered
Ok so this shit is driving me nuts and seems like it's not going to goi away anytime soon. This happened after I contracted the vid for the second time back in summer 2021 with no relief. Its caused major eating issues as now certain stuff like raw onions, jalapeno, raw garlic, chicken all have the smell of some chemical. Anyone else? Advice or remedies?

My taste buds definitely changed. It's like I don't recognise tastes anymore, everything tastes different. They say many lose smell and taste but it's not that exactly. They also say you can train your smell and taste bur I haven't looked at it further.

It's been since 21 for me too, caught a serious case, was hospitalised etc.

I just waited it out. Only lasted a few days for me and things went back to normal.

Are things tasting/smelling different? Or are you not tasting/smelling? Cause your post title and actual description are conflicting.

Ok so this shit is driving me nuts and seems like it's not going to goi away anytime soon. This happened after I contracted the vid for the second time back in summer 2021 with no relief. Its caused major eating issues as now certain stuff like raw onions, jalapeno, raw garlic, chicken all have the smell of some chemical. Anyone else? Advice or remedies?
My bro said.it seemed to change what some foods tasted like and his smell for some.things changed as well. Like he can't smell hamburger being cooked inside.the house.but he can on the grill. Totally weird!!

It’s real strange man…. The first time I got Covid back when it all started, lost all taste and smell for a couple months but eventually it came back but certain things never tasted the same. I used to drink a pot of coffee easy before the virus, now I can’t taste it or it taste foul.

Contracted covid again just a few weeks back and instantly lost my taste/smell. It’s starting to come back but, like you said certain things just taste off or like chemical as you put it.

My mom lost it due to a Covid Infection, gained it back a few weeks later after the infection was gone. She got a corticosteroids nosespray but forgot what it was called, that helped a lot in regaining smell and taste.

Would ask an ENT Doc if he can help ya out.

P.S.: Unrelated, but I distinctly remember my recently passed Grandpa talking about nothing tastes the same anymore, pretty common in dementia patients. He lost so much weight because he couldn't eat barely anything towards the end, really tough to see.

One of my guy has parosmia from having COVID the second time in 2022 , similar results to yours but a lot of meat smells fine but taste rancid to him , he has some sort of medical procedure to his sinuses that was supposed to help but didn’t do much , he’s been doing various protocols to “retrain” his sense of smell and taste and he says it’s slowly getting better

My wife’s stepdad lost his sense of taste in the first wave back in 2020, and hasn’t gotten it back.
My wife didn’t lose hers, but there are things that she used to like that no longer taste good to her.

Yes I lost mine 2.5 years ago and many tastes and smells never came back. My mom did, too. It sucks. It made dieting easier but yes most things I can only taste at 40% of what I used to be able to taste them at. Ditto smells. And some smells are completely different than what I knew them to be prior to Covid. It is what it is so I don’t care that much but my mom hates it and is always trying to find stuff to take that’ll fix it lol I told her I have bigger issues in my life to worry about than my taste/smell senses

Natto/serra, 2g vitamin c (pureway ideally), Magnesium Bisglycinate, and undefatted beef liver.

This combination has yet to not work for my wife in her practice with patients.

I personally for good measure would add some Life Support by AA or NAC daily on an empty stomach at 1000mg.

Of course ensure you’re using a good electrolyte product as well and getting plenty of water. But you have to restore essential vitamin and mineral balance while getting the spiked proteins back under control. Once you do this most will go back to normal.

I've had the Rona before and lost smell/taste for 4 days when it finally returned. However some foods still don't smell or taste right to me anymore. Coffee and a milk chocolate bar tasted burnt and milk (even fresh) tasted rancid and over time it became more normal. Tomato juice tasted really bitter.

Natto/serra, 2g vitamin c (pureway ideally), Magnesium Bisglycinate, and undefatted beef liver.

This combination has yet to not work for my wife in her practice with patients.

I personally for good measure would add some Life Support by AA or NAC daily on an empty stomach at 1000mg.

Of course ensure you’re using a good electrolyte product as well and getting plenty of water. But you have to restore essential vitamin and mineral balance while getting the spiked proteins back under control. Once you do this most will go back to normal.

Good post.

For the vitamin C, do you mean the Emerald Labs PureWay vitamin C brand? Or the Zahler PureWay brand?

Good post.

For the vitamin C, do you mean the Emerald Labs PureWay vitamin C brand? Or the Zahler PureWay brand?
Either one. Pureway C is just a trademarked version of buffered vitamin c which means it’s less acidic in layman’s terms.

Jigsaw Health makes a good one as well, but not sure if they sell it on Amazon anymore. I personally use the Zahler tablets.

Either one. Pureway C is just a trademarked version of buffered vitamin c which means it’s less acidic in layman’s terms.

Jigsaw Health makes a good one as well, but not sure if they sell it on Amazon anymore. I personally use the Zahler tablets.

Thank you :)

Just checked amazon. They still have Jigsaw Health C. It comes with lysine and quercetin too.

idk if it was covid but i had similar happen last year, could taste or smell anything for 3 weeks. zero. whatever it was fucked up my lungs good too. had to stop all smoking and seems like lung damage stayed for a while.

one kind of funny part. i had a branch on a plant break or get circulation cut off. i was totally out of weed but found this perfect dried out branch on a plant that still had an easy 6 weeks to go. since it was so young i didnt know if it would have much effect. i smoked it and still couldnt really tell. im more then a mutant in this catagory so not the best judge of anything that not super fire. took some to a friends bday and everyone else got there head chopped off after a cpl hits... the waitresses kept coming out and telling me not to smoke too as it smelled inside. i was completely dumbfounded by it all! lol for me no taste, no smell, no effect. i only knew i was smoking cus my lungs were so fucked up. all the other drugs felt weird too?

a friend just came in from europe too. hes like even in amsterdam theres not weed like this. i always knew that eurotrash was b grade! lol

Pureway c is vitamin c in a fatty acid complex. No buffering

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner