advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Powerlifts....just fucking up my joints?

As long as you can do 12+ reps with the weight you are not doing any joint damage, once you go heavier you will screw something up over the years

this is bullshit....they will go anyway

I'm guessing yours arent fucked up....YET

Joints will become more troublesome with prolonged exposure, regardless of rep range. Having periods of going lighter and with less intensity (deloads) will help alleviate some of the discomfort, but they'll ultimately start to give. It just sort of happens as we age. Embrace it!! :D

So tenny you're saying it's just part of the lifestyle and no matter what you do you're fucked?

Compare how heavy ronnie coleman trained to how jay cutler trained, and compare their joints.

If you don't think heavy weights damage joints then idk what to tell you.

Go drive a new car and floor the gas every single stop light and it will break faster than driving the same exact while accelerating slowly.

One way to control the amount of weight used is to use slightly higher reps, with good form

Compare how heavy ronnie coleman trained to how jay cutler trained, and compare their joints.

Go drive a new car and floor the gas every single stop light and it will break faster than driving the same exact while accelerating slowly.

One way to control the amount of weight used is to use slightly higher reps, with good form
Will heavier weights with a herky-jerky tempo wreck joints faster? Absolutely. I think either way, joints do take a beating after repetitive trauma. One way to help mitigate the effects is by lifting a bit lighter and more controlled. One my joints start hurting during a mesocycle, I slowly back down till they start to feel better.

its just a matter of time....

Ive been doing high high volume for almost 20 years
or so...

right knee that wakes me up from a dead sleep
like an axe is chopping through my knee cap..

elbows hurt just taking a tank top off.....

if I sit for too long takes me a minute to stand up
straight hips hurt so bad....

if its gonna happen....its just gonna happen....
don't no body care wtf Ronnie and Jay do or did...

aint nobody got no time fo dat..

its just a matter of time....

Ive been doing high high volume for almost 20 years
or so...

right knee that wakes me up from a dead sleep
like an axe is chopping through my knee cap..

elbows hurt just taking a tank top off.....

if I sit for too long takes me a minute to stand up
straight hips hurt so bad....

if its gonna happen....its just gonna happen....
don't no body care wtf Ronnie and Jay do or did...

aint nobody got no time fo dat..
Thanks for giving me something to look forward to, Tenny ;).

It affects some people faster and in different ways than others. I caught in baseball, I'm 34 now and my knees are great. There are many people in their mid 20's whose knees are shot from catching. I hope I never develop knee issues, fingers are crossed. There's one guarantee in life, it will end. Everything else is a crap shoot

He's a ray of sunshine, a beacon of hope isn't he :D
He most certainly is. I often look forward to his words of wisdom, which ultimately brings the earth shattering down around me, and causes my hopes and dreams to diminish in mere seconds after reading his posts.

Just kidding, Tenny :D

I was a competitive powerlifter from about 2000 to 2015. That when the culmination of injuries ended it for me. My joints are fine, but other injuries include torn right rotator cuff(supraspinatus), torn right pec (muscle from tendon at bicep insertion), small ligament tear in left elbow, minor tendon tear in right wrist, 1 bullet hole in left delt, 2 bullet holes in left bicep (10 years as military contractor in QRF and HRT), and the final blow occurred a year and a half ago when I had to have a destroyed disk removed between L3 and L4.

That's the price you pay hunting the next PL record I suppose. Now I've moved on to the bodybuilding lifestyle following John Meadows training and nutrition plan.

I was a competitive powerlifter from about 2000 to 2015. That when the culmination of injuries ended it for me. My joints are fine, but other injuries include torn right rotator cuff(supraspinatus), torn right pec (muscle from tendon at bicep insertion), small ligament tear in left elbow, minor tendon tear in right wrist, 1 bullet hole in left delt, 2 bullet holes in left bicep (10 years as military contractor in QRF and HRT), and the final blow occurred a year and a half ago when I had to have a destroyed disk removed between L3 and L4.

That's the price you pay hunting the next PL record I suppose. Now I've moved on to the bodybuilding lifestyle following John Meadows training and nutrition plan.

but how old are you....???

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity