over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre / Intra / Post workout nutrition timing

jbrayley

Newbies
Hi guys, I am looking for advice on nutrient timings before, during and after training. Currently for Intra workout nutrition I am using the following:

Pepto pro (10g)
Ibcca's (10g)
Beta alanine (5g)
Cittruline malate (5g)
Glucofase (50g)

This has definitely made a huge difference to my workouts. However, I was wondering how I could improve my workouts by adding some pre and post workout nutrition and how best to time them. In particular reference to:

Glutamine
Leucine
Creatine

Should these be taken before, during or after training - I have read so many mixed reports it gets very confusing.

Any information related to real world experiences would be very much appreciated. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I am by no means an expert when it comes to this, but i ran my pre intra post very similar to this off-season

So I would train normally after my 4th meal. So it would usually be Protein with med fats and lower carbs for meals 1,2,3

Meal 4 about an hour before i train would usually be 50g protein and 90gcarbs

Meal '5' intra workout would be anywere between 50-90g carbs with 20-30g protein

meal 6 (post workout) would normally be 45-50g protein with another 70-100g carbs. Normal protein sauces were eggs or whey protein with cereal or oats

I found this always kept me tight throughout the day, real good sessions, strength up. Kept fat down....

I am by no means an expert when it comes to this, but i ran my pre intra post very similar to this off-season

So I would train normally after my 4th meal. So it would usually be Protein with med fats and lower carbs for meals 1,2,3

Meal 4 about an hour before i train would usually be 50g protein and 90gcarbs

Meal '5' intra workout would be anywere between 50-90g carbs with 20-30g protein

meal 6 (post workout) would normally be 45-50g protein with another 70-100g carbs. Normal protein sauces were eggs or whey protein with cereal or oats

I found this always kept me tight throughout the day, real good sessions, strength up. Kept fat down....

Thank you, how about supplementation though? Do you take glutamine, creatine etc around your workouts? Or do you feel its unnecessary with the correct nutrition?

Creatine and Leucine are more important than some of the things you're already taking. Take 5g of each intra or post.
Glutamine is mostly worthless unless covering gut health or slin.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Creatine and Leucine are more important than some of the things you're already taking. Take 5g of each intra or post.
Glutamine is mostly worthless unless covering gut health or slin.

Thank you, thats very interesting regarding Glutamine. I was dubious about adding anything else to my intra shake due to it not mixing or upsetting my stomach. What would you recommend I replace in my Intra shake?

Thank you for your time

Yes Knight beat me to it, i was going to say only for Gut purposes would i have taken glutamine. I do intake the rest of the supplements that you take as well

Thank you, thats very interesting regarding Glutamine. I was dubious about adding anything else to my intra shake due to it not mixing or upsetting my stomach. What would you recommend I replace in my Intra shake?

Thank you for your time

I think all your ingredients are pretty awesome and effective. Glycerol, sea salt, and taurine are worth looking into....but you have the most important components already.

I think all your ingredients are pretty awesome and effective. Glycerol, sea salt, and taurine are worth looking into....but you have the most important components already.

Great :) I do have Glycerol here so I will add that to the mix tonight when I train :)

I added Taurine into my pre workout last week very good, do you use it intra as well? Sea salt i use with every meal anyways

I added Taurine into my pre workout last week very good, do you use it intra as well? Sea salt i use with every meal anyways

Yes I do.. I basically use the shake from Mike Arnold's protocol when it's time to get serious. Taurine and glutamine are primarily just cell volumizers in the plan.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner