over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pretty f'n cool

jawbreakerkid

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My college coach was just hired to coach Notre Dame. The guy is a flat out winner and gets the best out of his players. Great hire. I grew up in the midwest and never was an ND fan, but I'll be tuned in every Saturday while he is pacing the sidelines.

I remember, being a michigan fan I didn't want to see this. o well now. good hire as well. how's it been?

I heard he's not coaching the Bowl game, if that's the case it's a really shitty thing to do to his players.

This guy was my third choice. First was Tony Dungy (longgg shot but think he'd make the perfect choice). Next was Harbaugh, but ony because I like his attitude.

Man his players arent happy though.....

I kind of see their point.

They played their hearts out for him and he leaves them before their bowl game....they actually put him in that position to get hired by Notre Dame.

I dont see why he couldnt make a stipulation that he must coach his players thru the bowl game

They played their hearts out for him and he leaves them before their bowl game....they actually put him in that position to get hired by Notre Dame.

I dont see why he couldnt make a stipulation that he must coach his players thru the bowl game

Agreed. I am happy for anyone bettering themselves and I'm sure this was a lifelong dream for Kelly BUT I think its a pretty shitty thing to do and a horrible way to exit. Not only did the kids play their hearts out for him but he recruited all of theses guys and now they're left in the lurch!? The NCAA needs to finally enact a rule that wont let universities hire a coach until AFTER that respective coach's season has officially ended. I hate the Bearcats but I feel badly for their players.....

At any rate...Goood Luck Mr Kelly......Go Irish!

The emotional side of me agrees, but he needs to hit the recruiting trail ASAP! He needs to make sure his verbal commitments from the previous regime are going to stick with ND and try to get some recruits to switch to ND. This is prime recruiting time.

Jeff Quinn who will be coaching them in the bowl game was his O coordinator at GVSU as well, they'll get Kelly Lite on the sidelines. When those same angry players make it to the NFL and leave the team that develops them and believed in them from day one for a bigger free agent check - they'll have their AHA! moment.

Yes, I played at Grand Valley.

its bullshit he left his players behind to go to a wana be football school...hes jsut another new ex-coach for the irish.

On the flip side of that. He put those players in a position to get noticed. For instance, Tim Pike will get a look from pro scouts now. On a mediocre team I don't think he'd get a combine invite.

its bullshit he left his players behind to go to a wana be football school...hes jsut another new ex-coach for the irish.

Wow. Surprising coming from a former player. You know as well as anyone this is a business. His facilities were garbage and he played in a second tier division with no hopes of winning a championship. Why would he stay at Cincinnati when offered a job at ND?

Oh, I forgot, you played at Purdue, that's pure hate for ND coming out there...

Another thing, from a competitior's standpoint, Kelly had accomplished everything he could at Cincinnati. Why should he stay there? He's been to the mountaintop, and it is a low peak. As an athlete or coach, you should want to measure yourself against the best, past and current, and see how you can do on a national level. As a former athlete on a high level Josh, you should understand this. If you had the ability to play in the NFL or compete in the Mr. O, would you pass it up because you were going to remain loyal to what you are doing now? I doubt it. It's easy to fault a man for being ambitious when you would do the exact same thing in his shoes.

Last edited:
I agree..

Wow. Surprising coming from a former player. You know as well as anyone this is a business. His facilities were garbage and he played in a second tier division with no hopes of winning a championship. Why would he stay at Cincinnati when offered a job at ND?

Oh, I forgot, you played at Purdue, that's pure hate for ND coming out there...

Another thing, from a competitior's standpoint, Kelly had accomplished everything he could at Cincinnati. Why should he stay there? He's been to the mountaintop, and it is a low peak. As an athlete or coach, you should want to measure yourself against the best, past and current, and see how you can do on a national level. As a former athlete on a high level Josh, you should understand this. If you had the ability to play in the NFL or compete in the Mr. O, would you pass it up because you were going to remain loyal to what you are doing now? I doubt it. It's easy to fault a man for being ambitious when you would do the exact same thing in his shoes.

Finally JBK we agree on something :) Anyone reading this thread if put in the same position would have done the exact same thing. Kelly took Cincy to a new height of expectations. But thats as far as its going to go. Cincy doesnt have the facilities, and money to compete with the big schools. They get the athletes that dont want to go to THE only school in Ohio... If Cincy was at the same level as ND, Im sure Kelly may have been content. But just like in life we are all looking to advance and move up and get paid more. I think Kelly handled the situation as best as he could, their is only so much you can do in the situation he was in. Anyway you look at it he is not gonna make someone happy or someones... I think Kelly will do a good job at ND and put them back on the radar as far as tradition. He did a great job at Cincy which until a few years ago did anyone really think that they would be a top 5 team? I still dont think they are but he did alot with what he was given and has been successful on many levels. Im sure Irish fans are happy but still waiting like Nebraska, FSU, and Miami to get back in the mix like they did for so many years before.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws