over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PROS AND CONS OF BEING A BODYBUILDER

PROs; being stronger than the average man
cons; people who dont understand bodybuilding always having to say something stupid "are you gonna get bigger"? "your starting to look weird "? :banghead:
another con is the issue of buying jeans that fit

Pros:
Women. Being fit gives you an advantage with every age group...as long as you can talk. The older you get, the better it gets. Well, so far. haha
Looking better than guys who don't train, of any age.
Paired with some confidence and age, the respect you get from others.
Look good in a suit.
Look good out of a suit.
Being strong and having great endurance.

Cons:
Time...by far. It feels self obsessed to train, do cardio, shave, prep meals. Even if it's efficient. It's still a lot of time just for "looks".
Health/Worry. I'm a low-doser. But most guys don't go to sleep at night wondering if they're gonna have a heart-attack or wondering if they're balls are ever gonna fully come back. LOL.
Dieting. A pro and a con. It's a learning experience, but rarely do I ever just say, "fuck it" and eat what I want. It's always in my mind.
Money. The food expense in Europe is insane and ever rising. It's like a mortgage. Plus, a normal bottle of Carnivore is like 85$. And that's the "best" protein available.

Pro last month I was eating at a diner and I get up and this kid looks up at and says I played you on my Vedio game today

Con little girl walks out of elevator looks up at me and asks her mommy if I am a monster

Pro last month I was eating at a diner and I get up and this kid looks up at and says I played you on my Vedio game today

Con little girl walks out of elevator looks up at me and asks her mommy if I am a monster

Hahaha !

Pro - looks on lil kids faces!

Con - Men's Physique class

Con- Getting dirty looks by the staff when you go to the buffet.

There's this Chinese Buffet with all you can eat crab-legs I go to quite a bit, at about the 5th plate of nothing but crab-legs I can tell the Chinese are starting to get pissed off. Sometimes I sit there for 2 hours and smash 10-15 plates full, they don't like seeing me walk in for dinner.

Pros
-Im not like everyone else
-An understanding of my body many will never experience
-having a true passion that keeps you up at night talking to strangers on a forum with hopes of gaining any knowledge that will help you achieve your goals
-the positive attention I get from friends, family, and strangers about nutrition and training
-i now know more about nutrition than i thought i ever knew
-makes my wife proud and my kids feel safe
-i look better

Cons
-something always hurts
-expensive
-setting goals that may never be met (still better than none)
-the feeling of leading a double life
-hard to go anywhere without some dipshit wanting to challenge you
-most nice clothes fit like shit
-health is compromised
-very consuming
-for most, its illegal!

this is so dead on, couldn't agree more.

this is so dead on, couldn't agree more.

Thanks brother. With all that being said, Would I give it up? Hell no! I am 100% vested. On top of that, I am also different from most bodybuilders. I laugh when I take my kids to the warerpark. I love peoples reactions when they see these bloated messes of so called bodybuilders oiled up, drinking beer, swearing and constantly walking around just screaming look at me. Attention is almost always negative, including from myself. I walk around holding hands with my little 6 and 8 year olds, applying there sunscreen, and brushing their hair when they get. People just smile and stare. We have a lot to do with how people perceive us. Unfortunately there are a lot of recipe bumping people out there looking for the easy way and giving us respectable bodybuilders a negative image.

As a younger guy still in college, I'm not as big as most of you, but I still get some unique challenges:

Pros:
-look good and feel good
-get complimented and asked for advice at the gym
-don't get messed with by college jerks and drunk frat guys

Cons:
-loss of time, I spend a great deal cooking, lifting, and researching info
-can't go out to eat with roommates/friends often
-getting lots of crap for not "enjoying life" since I don't eat the crap they do
-not drinking like my peers

I do it for me, so it's definitely worth it! I still have great friendships, and despite all the roid suspicions and meathead jokes I love my lifestyle.

I am very impressed with these pros and corns that you shared about body building. No doubt that everyone wants to be a bodybuilder so this information is really helpful for those people.

Con - having to shit 6 times a day
Pro - so damn expensive!

One of the biggest cons I have is finding nice clothes that fit well. I don't like to wear skin tight clothing but I also don't like wearing extra big clothes that just make me feel blocky. So, jeans are always too big on the waist line or tight on the legs. T-shirts same problem, too tight up top and loose around the midsection. Oh and then there is the issue of the fire crotch phenomenon, main reason why I don't currently have a single pair of jeans in my closet.

One of the biggest cons I have is finding nice clothes that fit well. I don't like to wear skin tight clothing but I also don't like wearing extra big clothes that just make me feel blocky. So, jeans are always too big on the waist line or tight on the legs. T-shirts same problem, too tight up top and loose around the midsection. Oh and then there is the issue of the fire crotch phenomenon, main reason why I don't currently have a single pair of jeans in my closet.

u cant find clothes that fit at like 205lbs? your upper body is sooo massive you cant find shirts? your waist is just sooo small, and your quads soooo jacked that they wont fit into jeans? lol... cmon now... i have no choice but to lmao everytime i see this "i cant find jeans" thing...

Last edited:
Cons:
Some people perceive you as self absorbed, vain, or even sometimes insecure without even getting to know you so get them to know you. It's amazing how differently they will treat you once they realize there's more to you than that. I get a thrill proving people wrong. Remember, look like a meathead but don't act like one.

Having to eat all that damn food! true, it's very expensive

The health risks involved with gear usage the biggest con by far

Having a somewhat hermit lifestyle if you are 100% dedicated fuck that, I've never been a hermit and I've put on 50lbs of muscle in 3 years

Having to give up alcohol (for most people), when it is a pretty common thing in social events especially if you are young fuck that, abstaining from being social defeats the whole purpose of bodybuilding if you are young. You can do both, just know the risks

in bold

u cant find clothes that fit at like 205lbs? your upper body is sooo massive you cant find shirts? your waist is just sooo small, and your quads soooo jacked that they wont fit into jeans? lol... cmon now... i have no choice but to lmao everytime i see this "i cant find jeans" thing...

It's sweet you take time out of your day to prove a point. I am 205, but I also live in Europe(Scandinavia). Most jeans here are a lot slimmer than in the US, so yes I do have a hard time(not an impossible time) finding NICE jeans that FIT well without paying upwards of 200 hundred dollars. Could I wear a relaxed fit, sure, it's just not my style to wear baggy jeans. Same deal with t-shirts, sleeves are a lot narrower and shorter here than over there.
But yeah dude, I guess I don't qualify unless I'm all pumped full of drugs and synthol to have a hard time finding nice clothes :eek:

pros- wife and kiddos feel safe with daddy around
- wife loves the way i look
- feeling good with your shirt off

cons- unhealthy lifestyle
- people seem to have the assumption that i am a arrogant sob
- the time that it takes away from me being with my family

taking supplements

Con: I don't like the question (I have a hard time lying): Are you taking steroids? Code words like: are you taking supplements?
Con: I hate it when my wife brings up AAS in our arguments to piss me off.
Con: Carrying too much weight for my old knees.
Con: Sometimes feel like shit from AAS dosages.
Con: Really have to pay close attention to cleaning my skin or I will get acne.

Pro: I get a lot respect at the gym from smaller folks and from my fellow bodybuilders. Fellow body builders have a respect for each other because we know the work we put in.
Pro: The attention I get for being unique in the public square.
Pro: My wife finds it harder to take me for granted because of the attention I get from other women.
Pro: I can eat more than most without getting fat.

At what height/weight do you have to be to be allowed to say it is hard to find clothes that fit off the rack? Because I can tell you at stores like H and M and Levi's, it is pretty difficult to find anything that isn't skin tight

I'm 54 years old and get a comment that I don't know if I should say thank you or F#ck off: "I sure hope I look as good as you at your age." Hell, I didn't think I looked that fricken old…lol. However, I do get a lot of compliments that I look younger than I am. It kind of a mixed review.

Lol! Same here. I'm 51. Some kid at the gym told me this the other day ;)

I have a really hard time finding clothes.

I'm only 180lbs but I'm also only 5'3"

Pants don't and never have existed that have been short enough for my legs, but now that I have large quads and a smaller waist it makes it even harder.

Shirts aren't quite as bad as long as I tuck them in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity