over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proteinshakes. Do you really need them

I tried to edit my post bc it was out of my character. I apologize for the rude statement concerning Ross. However I still believe he is very delusional and at least half his post are crap.

In regards to shakes some will need them, others will not. What I do know is anyone pushing some serious scale weight is going to need them.

SCALE WEIGHT!? HA, scale weight is absolutely fucking IRRELEVANT! You aren't even worth arguing with, you are just a lousy PERSON talking to me(or anyone) that way..I don't EVER attack anyone personally. I just speak my mind.

Not sure but chicken breast and tuna near me has been going up in cost a TON so it's not really possible for me to cut out such a cheap source of protein at the moment.

SCALE WEIGHT!? HA, scale weight is absolutely fucking IRRELEVANT! You aren't even worth arguing with, you are just a lousy PERSON talking to me(or anyone) that way..I don't EVER attack anyone personally. I just speak my mind.

No its not. You dont need shakes, your not pushing your limits like some of the mass monsters on this board. You need to quit speaking in absolutes as one size fits all. Its doesn't work that way.

And yes, I'm sorry for my rude comment, but your ego is out of control. You need a serious reality check. You get far more respect being humble and honest then coming off as a arrogant know it all jerk.

My man..my brother..my comrad in Iron..:)

I have been bodybuilding for 12 years, and I hate to brag but I'm pretty smart. I've obviously used shakes MYSELF, and I had done so for many years. However, when I discover a TRUTH that is SO IMPORTANT and so groundbreaking, I MUST SHARE IT. I am extremely passionate about that, and I am here to tell you that it is a FACT, for all humans(who share the same basic biology); WHOLE FOODS ARE SUPERIOR TO POWDERS, CONTAIN MORE NUTRIENTS, MORE MINERALS, MORE VITAMINS, and higher quality, better digested(and utilized) amino acids. MEAT > POWDER, PERIOD.

You can use FOOD SHAKES, consisting of liquid food protein sources such as raw omega eggs, pasteurized milk and egg whites. A scoop of whey or miscellar casein is ok. :)

Since apparently this is a fact, I am sure there must be hoards of scientific studies supporting this statement (bolded). Would you be so kind as to provide us all with those studies?

I appreciate it, thanks.

Dude your posts suck. You talk like your the almighty or something and its your way or no way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have been bodybuilding for 12 years, and I hate to brag but I'm pretty smart

I've obviously used shakes MYSELF, and I had done so for many years. However, when I discover a TRUTH that is SO IMPORTANT and so groundbreaking, I MUST SHARE IT. I am extremely passionate about that, and I am here to tell you that it is a FACT

You seem pretty modest

No its not. You dont need shakes, your not pushing your limits like some of the mass monsters on this board. You need to quit speaking in absolutes as one size fits all. Its doesn't work that way.

And yes, I'm sorry for my rude comment, but your ego is out of control. You need a serious reality check. You get far more respect being humble and honest then coming off as a arrogant know it all jerk.

im not going to pile on Ross but i will say that life is going to teach him these things,your having some internal struggles bro and thats ok just keep up the fight,oh snap i just had a shake consist of.

1 cup oats
1 cup milk
2 raw eggs
2 scoops of a powder mix in this order( pea,whey,m.casein,egg white) hope i dont waste away, but no worries Ross i am having some beef and sweet potato soon,hahahahaha

Last edited:
I tried to edit my post bc it was out of my character. I apologize for the rude statement concerning Ross. However I still believe he is very delusional and at least half his post are crap.

In regards to shakes some will need them, others will not. What I do know is anyone pushing some serious scale weight is going to need them.

Hey, it made me laugh :)

I call BULLSHIT on anyone claiming that they CAN NOT EAT WHOLE FOODS, and instead, MUST use shakes for "convenience". This is fucking nonsense! DITCH ALL PROTEIN POWDERS ENTIRELY--END OF STORY! It can be done if you are sufficiently DEDICATED to your art/sport/craft/lifestyle. I do it, and so do MOST IFBB PROS. Most pro's have NO SHAKES AT ALL, with the exception of post-workout because many pro's still erroneously believe that a shake is superior at that time(because their coach said so).

Hey bro, do you have a family? Do you work 2 jobs? Do you have a family plus take care of elderly parents? Maybe you do, I don't know you other than reading a few of your posts, if you do and you manage without shakes, I want to know how you schedule emergencys, etc.

I know for myself, working labour work, trying to support a family, trying to take care of sick parents, etc. It's life, it's busy, protein powders come in handy when the day gets so hectic that I barely find 4 hours to sleep. You may have a day where you had a workout planned at 6pm, but the kid gets sick, you never had a chance to get the meal down, but in the car you happen to have a shaker and water, easy 1 minute, get it down, take the kid to the doctor, get home in time to have a family dinner, go to the gym, get the kids in bed, do all that.

So what do regular people do who can't always have the time to get a meal down? I'm not saying pros , etc are not regular people, but when you have so many things going on, emergencys happen, and to keep a regular protien intake going, shakes are my best friend. Would I rather eat a meal, fuck yah! but shit happens, I rather have the pro powder and be ready for my day and any situation.

Shakes made my stomach get huge and my face a little bloated. I might try to use them again because I dont have time for 8 meals a day, I usually only can fit in 5. I hate the gas and the poo I get from them too.

Stop skimping on the powders, spend the money and get a quality product. It's the additives that the powders are cut with that give you those sides.

Holy shit 49.95 for 2lbs!! Iso 100 by dymatize is like 20 bucks cheaper

You get what you pay for. After the manufacturing cost, packaging, shipping and taxes, Synthetek's profit is $2-$3/tub, depending on the exchange rate.

I always laugh when companies sell retail for less than it costs to manufacture. Talk about not meeting label claims!

You do know, that even if the product was for real isolate, you have different types of isolate (ion, cfm, etc) and each one of those types has different grades available? Most manufacturers offer between 3 and 5 different grades of the same isolate.

Once you use a top end isolate, ONLY THEN you will realise how shit 99.99% of the powders on the market are.

Read all of DC's posts about protein powders.

Also some Protein container cost more than the protein itself, which is pure garbage protein! Like BigA said doesnt not meeting label claims!
Why spend money on glossy good looking container that people go by the looks rather by the label claims.

I can promise quality is everything. I ran out of team skip while at work, went to sams and got a bag of muscle tech to hold me over......feel like absolute HELL!

Also, not to pimp a product or anything, but synthetek has flavorless protein powder that is extremely easy to take. All you do is take a tablespoon and stick it in your mouth, then have a sip of water to swallow it down. It feels as if nothing happened. Plus it lasts a really long time

One of the guys here in the office does that too. He likes to put the powder in a cup and add a little bit of water to make it like a paste and then licks the paste with a spoon. He's addicted to that. You get all sorts... :sta:-wars

You all might find this interesting since Ross keeps claiming that whole foods are more easility digested, utilized and are of higher quality that powders, I decided to actually look up some studies.

Please have a read here: **broken link removed**

Table 1 in the research review indicates that whey protein has both a higher biological value, higher protein efficiency rating, higher net utilization and higher protein digestibility rating than beef. So Ross, looks like your claims are not supported by the actual research.

Stop skimping on the powders, spend the money and get a quality product. It's the additives that the powders are cut with that give you those sides.

I guess I could clarify my earlier statement as well, since there's a lot of clarification going on in here!

I don't think shakes are worthless, not by a mile. I do however think that they can be over-used. I'm not speaking from any scientific data or calling it a fact, I just feel better personally when I'm eating more food.

That being said, I'm going to buy one of the previously listed products that contains only whey isolate and see how my body reacts. I sure would like the option of slamming a few scoops of that upon waking instead of standing over the stove, waiting for 3 cups of egg whites to cook!

One of the guys here in the office does that too. He likes to put the powder in a cup and add a little bit of water to make it like a paste and then licks the paste with a spoon. He's addicted to that. You get all sorts... :sta:-wars

it's so much easier to just grab a couple of spoonfuls and just sip water to swallow it. quick, easy, and boom, protein

I do notice one thing, when I cut I start off with drinks then cut them out. When I cut them out I get more vascularity, hardness, I look fuller and my muscles in general look different almost like they are more dense and solid

I thought that we had already established that I AM indeed "special"..not trying to be cocky, just saying. No HGH, no slin, no Tren or Deca...compare me to what I am TRYING to be; a bodybuilder from the 70's-80's, not one of these modern MUTANTS. I have one of the most BEAUTIFUL physiques on this forum. I also have a great BRAIN--THAT's a fact.

I have been bodybuilding for 12 years, and I hate to brag but I'm pretty smart. I've obviously used shakes MYSELF, and I had done so for many years. However, when I discover a TRUTH that is SO IMPORTANT and so groundbreaking, I MUST SHARE IT. I am extremely passionate about that, and I am here to tell you that it is a FACT, for all humans(who share the same basic biology); WHOLE FOODS ARE SUPERIOR TO POWDERS, CONTAIN MORE NUTRIENTS, MORE MINERALS, MORE VITAMINS, and higher quality, better digested(and utilized) amino acids. MEAT > POWDER, PERIOD.

You can use FOOD SHAKES, consisting of liquid food protein sources such as raw omega eggs, pasteurized milk and egg whites. A scoop of whey or miscellar casein is ok. :)

You "don't hate to brag" - you fucking love to.

You're also not "pretty smart", I've made you look like a dunce and someone with the same IQ as an apple so many times I have forgotten, but do you see me telling everyone "I'm smart" and have a "great BRAIN"?

I LOL'd at some of your recent posts, so thanks for the laugh as always.

Fuck knows what you smoke on a daily basis.

Pure WPI does not upset my stomach, agree completely with Big A. Other brands that claim to be WPI or are mostly WPC, upset my stomach so bad I'm on the toilet and can shit through the eye of a needle.

You get what you pay for. After the manufacturing cost, packaging, shipping and taxes, Synthetek's profit is $2-$3/tub, depending on the exchange rate.

I always laugh when companies sell retail for less than it costs to manufacture. Talk about not meeting label claims!

You do know, that even if the product was for real isolate, you have different types of isolate (ion, cfm, etc) and each one of those types has different grades available? Most manufacturers offer between 3 and 5 different grades of the same isolate.

Once you use a top end isolate, ONLY THEN you will realise how shit 99.99% of the powders on the market are.

Read all of DC's posts about protein powders.

Man one day, in the near future, I will have to try this. I want to see what this hoopla is all about. I guess there is no real answer to this without testing, but do you believe that its even "purer" than truenutritions isolate?

I honestly feel like we all should chip in some funds, it wouldnt even cost more than 2-300 bucks and get a few proteins tested. I mean we did it for GH, this is far easier and legal. Get like 6 brands of True nutrition tested, and synthepure tested with third party testing.

NOt saying I do not trust you or Dante, but Hard facts would definitely put EVERY mind to ease. I love true nutrition and would order from them hands down, but a lot of people on this thread are commenting "you should trust your supplier, true nutrition is awesome." They are just biased cause dante is a great guy, I would love to say "true nutrition is awesome and not just cause dante is a great guy but here is the proof. BAM tests of protein purity"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131