over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pumped340 Hair Transplant and Hair Fibers

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
Will do!

I have to say man, I knew I had lost a decent amount of hair but I didn't realize the extent of it until I cut it this short. I go to the gym without my beanie now because I won't be going there much longer anyway and I legit just look like a balding dude. Crazy how much it being longer and adding the fibers in completely hid it.

I've wondered if maybe I've lost more due to the surgery, like shock loss, but looking back at some pics with no fibers and the hair brushed back it was pretty significant. Though I of course will lose more over time given I don't want to take finasteride.

there might be some shock loss but its minor, if you ever wanna see bad shock loss i'll send ya a pic of my dome, my ugly duckling was as truly ugly as it gets. Most shock loss comes back so if it is that, dont stress it too much. As a diffuse patient tho shaving it down really exposes the amount of density loss, it can be tough to see.

there might be some shock loss but its minor, if you ever wanna see bad shock loss i'll send ya a pic of my dome, my ugly duckling was as truly ugly as it gets. Most shock loss comes back so if it is that, dont stress it too much. As a diffuse patient tho shaving it down really exposes the amount of density loss, it can be tough to see.

Hah sure send 'em my way.

Yea man, I think the reality is I just lost more hair than I realized. Right now I'm about 6.5 weeks post surgery so my hair is around 0.75in long or so, and the top back half is starting to fill in, though clearly thinner than the sides and back. The frontal third to half though, man there's not a lot there relatively speaking. Will be nice to have an extra 4000+ hairs there (from what I understand one graft has an average of 2 hairs in it).

I start my new job in 3 weeks and man I don't see a way around the fibers. Without going into too much detail it's a very high end facility and everyone has to look very proper. I show up looking half bald after they've seen me for years with what appeared to be a full head of hair and they're going to wonder wtf happened lol. Even with the fibers it's not a perfect solution, still looks a bit odd / worse but at least I don't look bald. Wish there was a way to know how much the fibers in for 8-10 hours per day would affect things.

And of course this new job wants a new head shot of me -_- great timing...

Last edited by a moderator:
MAN, I've been thinking as my hair is getting longer it's not so bad but when I woke up today it looked awful. Cannot believe how little hair is in the front. I can't imagine I've lost that much more recently? I have been stressed for sure but still.

I've been wearing fibers every week day, I just don't have a choice. This place hired me with what appeared to be a full head of hair, I can't be meeting people all day with my hair looking how it does in the first pic, it's ridiculous. Second pic is with the fibers. If I brush it down it's not AS bad but still pretty bad without fibers.

I'm at 3 months tomorrow, so I'm hoping the new hairs will start to come in. Making me rethink going on finasteride.

Attachments

• Hair 19.jpg
    Hair 19.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Hair 20.jpg
    Hair 20.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 50
MAN, I've been thinking as my hair is getting longer it's not so bad but when I woke up today it looked awful. Cannot believe how little hair is in the front. I can't imagine I've lost that much more recently? I have been stressed for sure but still.

I've been wearing fibers every week day, I just don't have a choice. This place hired me with what appeared to be a full head of hair, I can't be meeting people all day with my hair looking how it does in the first pic, it's ridiculous. Second pic is with the fibers. If I brush it down it's not AS bad but still pretty bad without fibers.

I'm at 3 months tomorrow, so I'm hoping the new hairs will start to come in. Making me rethink going on finasteride.

replied to your email bro

Having pretty mixed feelings on the HT so far. It’s been 5 months and I feel like a lot of people are ecstatic at this point. I clearly have growth but it’s nothing overly impressive. Using fibers is absolutely still a requirement or it looks thin.

The texture is also awful and I can’t remotely style it like I did in college.

The upper right corner is still very apparently different from upper left corner unless I push my hair over to cover it

I attached three pics. First pic is the worst I've seen it, May 24th. Couldn't believe how bad it looked. I moved to a place with really white overhead lighting that emphasizes all the loss. Definitely never looked like that in person under normal light. The next 2 look different but are actually taken one right after the other. I have some big events in August I thought I'd be ready for but as I said as of now I can't do much with it and it still needs fibers.

Attachments

• Hair 19 5-24-19.jpg
    Hair 19 5-24-19.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Hair 29 7-19-19 (2).jpg
    Hair 29 7-19-19 (2).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Hair 29 7-19-19.jpg
    Hair 29 7-19-19.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
It varies, some people grow faster than others and it also varies by region, crowns for various suspected reasons take longer to mature than hairline. At 3 months hairline you're probably somewhere around 10-20 percent growth. At 6 months closer to 50% it's slow to get started and then ramps up quickly, then at 8 months you're at around 90 percent, most of the growth has occurred and then you're just seeing improvement in those hairs up until the year point...you're not going to see much new growth just improvement in hair characteristics at that point

Is the growth that noticeable from month 6 to month 8 then? Is it the growth something you notice weekly once you hit 6 months or could the growth still be slow after 6 months and then by the 8th month begin to grow very quickly??

Having pretty mixed feelings on the HT so far. It’s been 5 months and I feel like a lot of people are ecstatic at this point. I clearly have growth but it’s nothing overly impressive. Using fibers is absolutely still a requirement or it looks thin.

The texture is also awful and I can’t remotely style it like I did in college.

The upper right corner is still very apparently different from upper left corner unless I push my hair over to cover it

I attached three pics. First pic is the worst I've seen it, May 24th. Couldn't believe how bad it looked. I moved to a place with really white overhead lighting that emphasizes all the loss. Definitely never looked like that in person under normal light. The next 2 look different but are actually taken one right after the other. I have some big events in August I thought I'd be ready for but as I said as of now I can't do much with it and it still needs fibers.

With the fibers, it looks quite good and fairly full. Soon, it should begin to really fill out. Hopefully, Anubis has some insight.

To be clear, none of those last 3 pics I posted had fibers in them. The last 2 are on the same date and while they look different, it's just holding the phone at different angles so the light doesn't shine down on my scalp as much.

I know how nerve racking this process can be. I'm 3 moths post op with Dr. Diep. We did 3700 Grafts FUE. Your hair has progressed nicely. You keep fucking with your emotions with those fibers. No wonder you are upset with them out. You truly need to let go of all that negative thought and let your scalp run its course. If 12 months from now your unhappy then I get it. Diep told me 6 months before anything substantial happens. I'm not going to grade his work until it has a chance to mature. I totally understand your frustration with the hairline though. That shit is inexcusable.

I know how nerve racking this process can be. I'm 3 moths post op with Dr. Diep. We did 3700 Grafts FUE. Your hair has progressed nicely. You keep fucking with your emotions with those fibers. No wonder you are upset with them out. You truly need to let go of all that negative thought and let your scalp run its course. If 12 months from now your unhappy then I get it. Diep told me 6 months before anything substantial happens. I'm not going to grade his work until it has a chance to mature. I totally understand your frustration with the hairline though. That shit is inexcusable.

Yea I know I still have to wait. Yesterday makes 5 months so there's still a lot of time for improvement.

The last week it's seemed like I've actually lost hair in a few places. Right in the very front it seems a little sparse and today as I was halfway through putting the fibers in I noticed this big nearly bald spot. Picture attached. Not sure what the deal with that is.

Attachments

• Hair 30 7-26-19 (half fibers).jpg
    Hair 30 7-26-19 (half fibers).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 95
5.5 months post-op. No fibers. Further away view.

Attachments

• Hair 31 8-6-19.jpg
    Hair 31 8-6-19.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 95
Looking better and better! One side of my head is much more patchy than the other. I didn't expect to have full coverage at the 4 month mark it but it does make you think, what if it stays this way? Then I reminded myself its only been 4 months! Honestly, who gives a fuck?? I'll go get touched up( I dont think I will need to). Its not that big of a deal if it does't look perfect. I know we paid a lot of money for this(I did 3700 Graphs with Diep lol) and we want the best result possible. Worrying about it constantly isn't changing a thing. I Hope it comes in thick and if it doesnt look the way I want after a year I'll start thinking about the next step. It's a process... Hang in there man! Looks much improved from before.

Last edited:
Been talking a bit more with Anubus, I'm at an impasse...I've said for years I wanted to avoid finasteride and would just use the fibers where necessary now that my hairline will be good, but I am starting to see the thinning significantly more noticeably now and even slightly in the crown. Depends on the lighting and it would easily be covered up by fibers at this point but it does still suck to know the hair is leaving and that without the fibers it's becoming more and more bald.

I think despite knowing I'd lose hair previously it seems like a bigger deal now because the transplant is not as successful as I'd expected. I really expected the front to be nice and thick at this point but man without fibers I can still see my scalp and the left side is really lagging. I can't imagine it not needing a touch up. I guess I assumed the front would be great, and I'd cover up the back with fibers until my next transplant 5-10 years down the line, but at this rate the top and crown will need a transplant in a few years.

Attachments

• Hair 42 9-6-13.jpg
    Hair 42 9-6-13.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Hair 38 8-21-19.jpg
    Hair 38 8-21-19.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Hair 39 8-21-19.jpg
    Hair 39 8-21-19.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 18
Been talking a bit more with Anubus, I'm at an impasse...I've said for years I wanted to avoid finasteride and would just use the fibers where necessary now that my hairline will be good, but I am starting to see the thinning significantly more noticeably now and even slightly in the crown. Depends on the lighting and it would easily be covered up by fibers at this point but it does still suck to know the hair is leaving and that without the fibers it's becoming more and more bald.

I think despite knowing I'd lose hair previously it seems like a bigger deal now because the transplant is not as successful as I'd expected. I really expected the front to be nice and thick at this point but man without fibers I can still see my scalp and the left side is really lagging. I can't imagine it not needing a touch up. I guess I assumed the front would be great, and I'd cover up the back with fibers until my next transplant 5-10 years down the line, but at this rate the top and crown will need a transplant in a few years.

How many months have gone by since the transplant? You don't think the front will still thicken up much more by the end of the 12 month period?

So, you think the transplant was not successful?

How many months have gone by since the transplant? You don't think the front will still thicken up much more by the end of the 12 month period?

So, you think the transplant was not successful?

I clearly have more hair, so I would say it was partially successful. The left side is significantly thinner than the right though. I think it's likely it will thicken up a bit more but I doubt as much as the other side. It's been 6.5 months at this point. I assume I will also continue to lose more of my hair that was naturally there as well so it might not be any noticeable improvement.

https://www.drugs.com/comments/finasteride/ these comments are terrifying lol I just can't seem to mentally make the jump to start finasteride. I've had gyno and had it removed, but still wonder if there is a small gland remaining that could grow. That would be so awful, it was such an amazing relief to get rid of it, if it came back I'd go nuts. The comments on depression are even scarier than the ED to me. If I got ED I'd be aware of it but depression is fickle and hard to detect and quantify (e.g. would I really notice if I was 10% more depressed?) and so many factors go into it.

3 of my friends are on it though and seem to be doing well.

Attaching 5 recent pics here and a few more below. Keep in mind this overhead lighting makes it seem as bad as possible, but I think that's good for representation of what's really going on.

Attachments

• Hair 44 9-30-19.jpg
    Hair 44 9-30-19.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Hair 45 9-30-19.jpg
    Hair 45 9-30-19.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Hair 46 9-30-19.jpg
    Hair 46 9-30-19.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 10
  • Hair 47 9-30-19.jpg
    Hair 47 9-30-19.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Hair 48 9-30-19.jpg
    Hair 48 9-30-19.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 13
(see other 5 pics attached above)

As you can see the top is noticeably thin. It really doesn't look anything like that when blown dry, and at some point in the not too distant future I imagine I'll be using fibers there. But yea, pretty noticeable.

The front seems to be about the same. As you can tell, the one side is lagging pretty hard. This marks 7 months post op. My understanding is this (7 months) represents about 75% of the growth for most people.

Just sharing my thoughts here for the most part. Certainly not too impressed at this point. I hope there's still some catch up growth to be had especially on that one side but it hasn't seemed to change in a while so I'm doubtful.

I am currently on 120mg TRT + 1mg Anastrazole per week. This has my DHT at mid-70s. I used to be on 80mg TRT with no AI, and that had my DHT at mid 40s. From people's blood work I've seen, finasteride lowers DHT but doesn't completely tank it. I'm hoping there will be at least some slowing of the hair loss from reducing the TRT and coming off the Anastrazole but it may be imperceptible.

Attachments

• Hair 49 9-30-19.jpg
    Hair 49 9-30-19.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Hair 50 9-30-19.jpg
    Hair 50 9-30-19.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
Hey man,

You really should consider propecia. I take dutas everyday and literally have no sides. Its the same as gear, everyone has different experiences with each drug.

You look great man. If I was to take overhead pictures with the light on at 7 months i would of been right around the point you are at. I noticed a huge difference at the 1 year mark to even now which is coming on 2 years. Our hair has different growth cycles and phases you you could of been going through a shedding phase at any point during the last few months.

I would start using fibers if it is something that is really bothering you because as you know you will notice a huge difference. Stay positive bro!

Hey man,

You really should consider propecia. I take dutas everyday and literally have no sides. Its the same as gear, everyone has different experiences with each drug.

You look great man. If I was to take overhead pictures with the light on at 7 months i would of been right around the point you are at. I noticed a huge difference at the 1 year mark to even now which is coming on 2 years. Our hair has different growth cycles and phases you you could of been going through a shedding phase at any point during the last few months.

I would start using fibers if it is something that is really bothering you because as you know you will notice a huge difference. Stay positive bro!

I appreciate that man. Honestly the center and right side are doing pretty well, I'm happy there overall IF it's going to get another 25+% thicker. But man the left side looks like crap, it's super thin.

I use the fibers any time I go out or go to work, so almost daily. If I don't use the fibers I have to just brush it down or else the thinning would be extremely apparent.

I'm surprised to hear you've noticed continued improvements after 1 year, my understanding is that most people see 100% of the growth by that point. When did you start taking Dutasteride? If it was after your transplant I would imagine that's why. My dad, even after being mostly bald and in his 50s, saw significant regrowth on Dutasteride....but it also gave him gyno.

Regarding the Propecia, I realize I would probably be fine but at the same time I don't believe the side effect rate is really as low as 2-3% as it claims. I fully realize that people are more likely to complain about it than praise it, so we see the horror stories, but man I see them everywhere. Not just on the reviews of drugs.com but even on this website. Type in "finasteride" into the search bar and every thread seems to have anecdotes about feeling low/depressed, ED, etc....additionally I'm going through my tough times right now emotionally and while I seem to be pretty resistant to depression I don't want something fucking with me. I may also come off TRT and try to get my fertility back as well and I imagine the finasteride would just exacerbate the shittiness of that.

But yea it is tough to not take it, knowing how much it would help my hair. I have IBD as well and am tired of taking so many medications. Another story came out recently of FDA approved drugs having carcinogen contaminants in them. I've become a hypochondriac about that sort of thing.

I cannot speak to how duta/finasteride would impact you if you did not take any test. I think most people that have those issues do not take test and maybe thats why they run into issues. I personally think that is why I have not have any issues with it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws