over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad injection depth.

Ehren

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just wondering if guys pinning quads used the entire 1.5 inch needle.
Is it necessary to bury the thing in the the quad or is 1 inch deep enough for lean quads, injecting from the side?

My legs are pretty lean, I went in from the out-side quad today, first time injecting quads. Lots of research was done but I really did something wrong.

I took a shower, scrubbed down, swabbed with alcohol and injected. It was fine for the first inch to 1.25 inches, THEN it wasnt. I aspirated, got nothing and started to inject VERY slowly and it just hurt like holy hell. I knew if just the needle hurt like that, a whole shot in there would be worse. I pulled it out and went to the glute for the remaining 90% of the shot. No soreness or blood from the glute. Its not the gear, Ive used this batch before.

Shoulders are ok too...just not quads. WTF did I do wrong?

Just wondering if guys pinning quads used the entire 1.5 inch needle.
Is it necessary to bury the thing in the the quad or is 1 inch deep enough for lean quads, injecting from the side?

My legs are pretty lean, I went in from the out-side quad today, first time injecting quads. Lots of research was done but I really did something wrong.

I took a shower, scrubbed down, swabbed with alcohol and injected. It was fine for the first inch to 1.25 inches, THEN it wasnt. I aspirated, got nothing and started to inject VERY slowly and it just hurt like holy hell. I knew if just the needle hurt like that, a whole shot in there would be worse. I pulled it out and went to the glute for the remaining 90% of the shot. No soreness or blood from the glute. Its not the gear, Ive used this batch before.

Shoulders are ok too...just not quads. WTF did I do wrong?

I don't like quad shots very much as there tends to be quite few veins/nerves in that area. It sounds like you landed the needle near a nerve and thus had pain when injecting...

-Alex

Agreed...quad shots can be a little tricky/painful for some due to the nerves and veins close by. Every once in a while I get a really painful one. I find that using a 1" needle and inserting it slowly helps. The one time I jabbed my thigh quickly was the last time I'll jab my thigh quickly, as I just about hit my head on the ceiling when I jerked from the pain. Play around with different spots on the thigh. You'll probably find an area that works better than others.

i always stick with 25g 1 inch wouldnt recommend doing it the day or two before leg day tho

I've experimented with all sizes and types, and now use 5/8, 25 gauge.

1.5" in quad sounds crazy unless you have very fat legs.

With 5/8s, I can go 2cc's without issue. I'm around 10% bodyfat for what it is worth.

1 inch is more than enough for quads. Quads are either fine or bad in my experience, never just ok like other bodyparts.
There are a lot of nerves and capillaries in the quads. Some of the worst bleeders I've had are from quads.
I find slightly above the centre point of the outer quad is best, as soon as I go centre or slightly below I hit blood vessels or nerves.

1 inch only only.
1.5 inch crazy.
I found sitting on a chair with the thigh half way up the edge works best
Stick with what works for you

25g 1" is plenty for quads. Like another person said push the needle in slowly. I can actually feel when I am getting close to a nerve before I actually hit it as long as I go nice and slow. Just slightly re-angle the needle and you should be fine.

23 gauge and 1 inch is good for just about anywhere. I use 1 inch on glutes. Doctor prescribed those for my HRT. When I was self administering stuff I used to use a 1 1/2 inch for glutes. Even that isnt needed unless you have a really fat ass!

23 gauge and 1 inch is good for just about anywhere. I use 1 inch on glutes. Doctor prescribed those for my HRT. When I was self administering stuff I used to use a 1 1/2 inch for glutes. Even that isnt needed unless you have a really fat ass!

haha agreed. If someone needs 1.5inch needle for their glutes they should stop using anabolics and diet off some fat first!!

I've experimented with all sizes and types, and now use 5/8, 25 gauge.

1.5" in quad sounds crazy unless you have very fat legs.

With 5/8s, I can go 2cc's without issue. I'm around 10% bodyfat for what it is worth.

even .5" works fine for quads. barely any fat there goes right into the muscle.

1 inch or 1.5 is fine really. Quads are hit or miss with me. Sometimes painless, others leave me crippled for a week.

1 inch 25 gauge is what I use pin on the outter side half way up from your knee just go nice and slow

1 inch 23g is perfect for me. You do figure out the "good" areas,go slow for nerves works for me too. My ass is so lumped up from when i was in my 20s only use 22g/3cc at a time 3 times a week sometimes...stupid i know.

Excellent Gents. Thanks!

Yeah, I really felt fine until I passed the 1 inch mark. I've got lean legs, so Im glad I asked.

Thanks again!

Not a fan of quad injections,last one left me crippled for over a week,never again.... my 2 cents.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear