over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad sweep finally, sorta

FRONT SQUATS are KING for quad sweeps...

cuz said:
I agree. The higher your feet, the more ham & glutes your working. What worked for me was front squats and all pressing and squating with a narrow foot position. This puts more stress on the quads and less on glutes.

Yes the front squat is the bastard child of the squat, everyone at my Gym thinks so but they also don't have the "FAT" quads just large tear drops. I for some reason love em. :D

i believe quad sweep to be due to knee position and where you distribute the weight on your feet more than anything. think about it next time you do legs. put your feet close as everyone says gives better sweep, then watch what your knees do when you squat. I betcha they bow out (kinda bowlegged, u know what i mean) just a little if not a lot.

I have experimented a lot on this myself, and i found when i did a workout where every press i did i let my knees cave in just a lil towards each other, waddaya know my teardrop hurt like hell and nothing on the sweep next few days.

Then theres days where i let my knees splay out kinda bowlegged when i did my pressed and guess what, teardrop was still a little sore, but sweep was now sore next few days. I even started getting a pump in my quad sweep for the first time in my life, a new feeling to me.

Im not sayin to splay them hard and get urself hurt with bad form and lose balance, but if you can concentrate and keep everything strict, and splay them out just a lil you will feel what im talkin about.

i'll try that, thanks

:)

my medialis is always beat to hell the next day but my lateralis is only sore to the touch

TooPowerful4u said:
i believe quad sweep to be due to knee position and where you distribute the weight on your feet more than anything. think about it next time you do legs. put your feet close as everyone says gives better sweep, then watch what your knees do when you squat. I betcha they bow out (kinda bowlegged, u know what i mean) just a little if not a lot.

I have experimented a lot on this myself, and i found when i did a workout where every press i did i let my knees cave in just a lil towards each other, waddaya know my teardrop hurt like hell and nothing on the sweep next few days.

Then theres days where i let my knees splay out kinda bowlegged when i did my pressed and guess what, teardrop was still a little sore, but sweep was now sore next few days. I even started getting a pump in my quad sweep for the first time in my life, a new feeling to me.

Im not sayin to splay them hard and get urself hurt with bad form and lose balance, but if you can concentrate and keep everything strict, and splay them out just a lil you will feel what im talkin about.

Exactly what I was gonna say more or less. All about foot and knee position. Moving your toes to point outwards half an inch more, for example, might make a huge difference. I've just started training a guy who is very strong and developed in the front areas of the quad but can't get a good sweep going and I've changed his foot position and also, like said above, got his knees following where his toes point in the motion.

Personally I also stand on 5lb plates - not many people seem to do that these days, but for me it helps. IronMike

yo

have you ever tryed not going as low with super heavy wait...just curious:)

JBearce said:
have you ever tryed not going as low with super heavy wait...just curious:)

no.. never have.. i've always been brainwashed into thinking that if you're not hitting parallel, you're not squatting....

whats the deal with not going down as low???

btw... this thread is like two years old.. maybe older.... its under my old handle so i cant delete it (BBJ keeps making fun of me for it :p )

unfortunately, i still have the problem.. :eek:

over the next month or so i'll try different foot and toe placements and document how sore i am and where.... then i'll let you guys know...

last week i did my feet just wider than shoulder width with my toes barely pointed out.... first day after... sweep was moderately sore, medialis... tired but not sore... 2nd day after... medialis painful to the touch... sweep..not too much going on... i could feel it if i pushed hard on it, but i wouldnt call it sore

TP4U

thanks brother..... i found the sweet spot for squatting...

i took your suggestion and tried to push my knees out when squatting (once i paid attention, i noticed they did come in quite a bit naturally) and whoa!! i felt stronger for the first few sets and i could feel it all in my sweep.

my medialis wasnt as beat up like it usually is and holy crap was i sore...

so what worked for me was bringing my feet in a tad to shoulder width (used to keep the just wider than shoulder width) and have my toes almost straight forward.... before they were pointed out (less knee strain)... but by deliberately pushing my knees out on the way down, the pain in my knees was absent.... i thought having my toes pointed straight would hurt me... i didnt.. IT FELT GOOD!!

so i'll stick with that for a few months and see if anything changes, but as for as where i'm sore, way less on the medialis and a lot more on the lateralis

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear