over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about bis on lower day on DC template

Jake LaMotta

Registered
Why in the DC training template is it recommended that you do biceps on the lower day?

Dante (DOGGCRAP) has forgotten more about training than I'll ever know and I'm not saying he's wrong but this doesn't make sense to me. Doing it this way (bis on lower day) would mean bis get hit 3 times a week (indirectly on upper day from the pulls and directly on lower day). Won't this lead to overtraining your bis?

And on a related note, if bis are on the lower day...why aren't tris?

Won't this lead to overtraining your bis?

Yep. WOW! thanks for pointing that out Jake. Make sure you send an email to Dante, maybe with a picture and a personal address so he can send you some free swag or protein powder or something.

Wow over training... that must be what's keeping my arms from getting small :( They won't get any less than 19" no matter what DC principle I follow.

Last edited:
Yep. WOW! thanks for pointing that out Jake. Make sure you send an email to Dante, maybe with a picture and a personal address so he can send you some free swag or protein powder or something.

Wow over training... that must be what's keeping my arms from getting small :( They won't get any less than 19" no matter what DC principle I follow.

Jesus, chill out bro. Calm down. I was simply asking a question. And in my second line I already gave Dante the utmost respect:

...Dante (DOGGCRAP) has forgotten more about training than I'll ever know...

And I was thinking of starting DC in a few weeks when I am done with my current training cycle. That's why I asked the question because I've been reading A LOT on DC training lately (especially over at intensemuscle.com).

I apologize if I came off disrespectful. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can.

Last edited:
Well

I never even questioned it because it works so that is enough for me. I think this is the kind of overthinking things Dante talks about.

Been doing DC for a couple of years and it has not hindered my progress. My honest opinion is that by splitting it, you are in the gym less amount of time each workout.

And as far as muscles being hit indirectly...well we would be overtraining everything. Bench recruits tris chest and shoulders, cg bench recruits the same, dips recruits tris and chest. Rows recruit back bi's and delts. You see my point?

Try DC for six months and see where it gets you....then make your decision on it.

This is just my opinion on the subject but..

Why in the DC training template is it recommended that you do biceps on the lower day?

Biceps are not involved AS much in back movements as triceps are with chest/shoulder pressing. If you are doing reverse grip movements for every single back move and have a weak mind/muscle connection with your lats I could see it being a problem but that doesn't really come up much.

Yesterday I had my "upper" day and for back did wide grip rack chins and a rack dead variation. My biceps might have been the slightest bit pumped but with the wide grip and elbows flared it's minimized for sure.

You are also looking at this like a bad thing, getting direct/some indirect(depending on movement choice) 3x a week as long as YOU PERSONALLY are recovering can only help your growth. I believe Phil's guys hit the biceps 4x a week(or 8 days) using the same thought process and don't seem to be struggling either.

And on a related note, if bis are on the lower day...why aren't tris?

Tris especially for me are engaged much more on upper body pressing movements than biceps are on back. If you are doing an incline press 11-20RP followed by smith front pressses 11-20RP.. your triceps are pretty well torched and just need finishing off with a close grip or extension. If you are doing like I did above with a wide grip chin+ dead lift the biceps are barely warm and could use some direct attention.

Like I mentioned above though, a lot of guys will purposefully put in some reverse grip movements to add more arm stimulation to their back days to squeeze a tad more growth. Reverse grip pulldowns, neutral/reverse grip rows(careful here) and two days later hit the preacher curls and reverse cable curls etc. Stretch hard, eat enough and you should be good to go. Just be thankful it's a MWF program now since Dante at one point had certain people going MTTrF so you'd be hitting biceps the very next day after back. Don't do this split haha... but just throwing that out there to see that it's not that big of a deal.

I would also posit that biceps are one of the more quickly recovered muscle groups.

Read this as a negative comment. Yes you conceded that he once knew more - but he has forgotten more than you even know. I'll pretend you misworded it.
That's a common expression. You missed the meaning entirely...:p

That's a common expression. You missed the meaning entirely...:p

I honestly apologize. I must not be cultured enough, I need to get my head out of these text books :p I took it literally/for face value. Carry on. :)

I honestly apologize. I must not be cultured enough, I need to get my head out of these text books :p I took it literally/for face value. Carry on. :)
I can see how someone could confuse the meaning. Good move to apologize like that.

imho

training is training......all this technical mumbo jumbo is a bunch of nonsense.

training should be very basic and common sense......keep it simple.....you'll see results.......train each bodypart once a week and make sure to nourish your body with the right type of nutrition....ie.....steak, oatmeal, potatoes, rice and occasionally a little junk......just for a treat.

don't get so uptight over when to train a certain bodypart......or you'll make yourself crazy. just my .02!

imho

training is training......all this technical mumbo jumbo is a bunch of nonsense.

training should be very basic and common sense......keep it simple.....you'll see results.......train each bodypart once a week and make sure to nourish your body with the right type of nutrition....ie.....steak, oatmeal, potatoes, rice and occasionally a little junk......just for a treat.

don't get so uptight over when to train a certain bodypart......or you'll make yourself crazy. just my .02!

You must be one of those genetic freaks who grows no matter what! Must be nice not to have to worry about the "technical mumbo jumbo". I think DC is a proven training style that really packs on the muscle. Just curious how much you know about it?

Bio good point.

Brisk, one of the big factors to DC training, I believe, is to be able to work a muscle twice a week rather than once a week.

Bio good point.

Brisk, one of the big factors to DC training, I believe, is to be able to work a muscle twice a week rather than once a week.

3x in 2 weeks but yeah... t with what Dante believes is the best method for strength gains(rest pause) with low enough volume to recover and hit it again at an increased frequency for more growth opportunities over the standard 1x a week thing.

People should train how they want, but if DC sounds up their alley we should be able to talk about it and the principles/setup without getting into an argument. For some reason this training generates more arguments than any other lol

Been doing DC for a couple of years and it has not hindered my progress. My honest opinion is that by splitting it, you are in the gym less amount of time each workout.

And as far as muscles being hit indirectly...well we would be overtraining everything. Bench recruits tris chest and shoulders, cg bench recruits the same, dips recruits tris and chest. Rows recruit back bi's and delts. You see my point?

Try DC for six months and see where it gets you....then make your decision on it.

I agree... Don't overthink things... Just give it a try for six months... People too often either try to talk themselves out of something or try to figure out why it wouldnt work, even though there are many ppl who have tried it and proven that it works... Or they give it a half-assed effort then complain how they didnt get any results... DC works...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws