over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question about free range eggs

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im going to finally add these into my diet after reading about the benefits on here. My question is, are all the benefits of free range/omega in the yolk? So if I eat 6 eggs but only 1 contains the yolk (due to my diet and the macros), wold it be a waste of money to eat 6 free range/omega 3? Would I be better off eating the 5 whites from a regular egg, then just using a free range egg for the one where I eat the yolk and white? Im kinda short on funds now so Im looking to save some money and would hate to spend the extra on free range eggs if the white of the egg is the same as a regular egg.

The free range whites can only be better than regular whites... even though they only contain protein, a stress free hen, raised in liberty in the open air, will logically lay a better egg as a whole than the same animal raised in cage with 10 square centimeters to move. :)

Buying free range eggs, you contribute to more "human" conditions of living for hens and chickens... an ethical purchase. ;)

When money starts growing on trees, I will eat only free range eggs. But damn at double the cost of omega or regular eggs, I just can't justify the food bill when I eat so many eggs. I do think free range eggs taste better though.

Buying free range eggs, you contribute to more "human" conditions of living for hens and chickens... an ethical purchase. ;)

I guess I don't look at food the same way as you, maybe I would If I had the cash, but unfortunately costco doesn't sell bulk free range at a comparable cost to regular eggs.

They are just chickens, if they are raised in the small quarter captivity conditions they don't know any difference.

I do agree free range are more healthy.

Im going to finally add these into my diet after reading about the benefits on here. My question is, are all the benefits of free range/omega in the yolk? So if I eat 6 eggs but only 1 contains the yolk (due to my diet and the macros), wold it be a waste of money to eat 6 free range/omega 3? Would I be better off eating the 5 whites from a regular egg, then just using a free range egg for the one where I eat the yolk and white? Im kinda short on funds now so Im looking to save some money and would hate to spend the extra on free range eggs if the white of the egg is the same as a regular egg.

The majority of the difference is in the yolk. You will get more fat soluble vitamins in the free range yolk specifically along with the fat that makes it bioavailable (actually less fat in free range yolk), plus you get a ton of choline. The choline and phosphatidlycholine (spelling) are really cool. Choline helps with betaine metabolite formation - lowers homocysteine, heart disease main player. The phospatidylcholine is really good for your liver, which if you read my article you know I am big on. They actually use it europe to treat liver disease.
I could go on and on, but my opinion is that the money is worth it. I do understand that sometimes you have a tight budget, I have been there, I grew up in poverty, but if you arent lazy find a farm on this site Eat Wild and you will find a farmer that sells them for a good deal in bulk. Spending 3$ a dozen instead of 2$ isnt exactly going to break the bank.

As far as the ethics go, I am one of the bleeding hearts. Just because we are at the top of the food chain doesnt mean we should just treat animals like crap, but hey that's just my opinion too.

In terms of diet, I think you would be better off to eat say 3 whole eggs instead if 6 + 1, I would remove a few calories elsewhere instead of throwing away the yolk, or buying low quality eggs for the white. The yolk is extremely good to have in a diet, all the way up to a contest in fact.

JM

I'll have to check out that site MD, if I could get them for cheaper in bulk, I would. $4 a dozen at the grocery store is just rediculous for my budget.

Hopefully in the future all organic foods and free range eggs will come down in cost. It just seems that most Americans want to buy the cheapest food, probably why obesity is rampant.

The majority of the difference is in the yolk. You will get more fat soluble vitamins in the free range yolk specifically along with the fat that makes it bioavailable (actually less fat in free range yolk), plus you get a ton of choline. The choline and phosphatidlycholine (spelling) are really cool. Choline helps with betaine metabolite formation - lowers homocysteine, heart disease main player. The phospatidylcholine is really good for your liver, which if you read my article you know I am big on. They actually use it europe to treat liver disease.
I could go on and on, but my opinion is that the money is worth it. I do understand that sometimes you have a tight budget, I have been there, I grew up in poverty, but if you arent lazy find a farm on this site Eat Wild and you will find a farmer that sells them for a good deal in bulk. Spending 3$ a dozen instead of 2$ isnt exactly going to break the bank.

As far as the ethics go, I am one of the bleeding hearts. Just because we are at the top of the food chain doesnt mean we should just treat animals like crap, but hey that's just my opinion too.

In terms of diet, I think you would be better off to eat say 3 whole eggs instead if 6 + 1, I would remove a few calories elsewhere instead of throwing away the yolk, or buying low quality eggs for the white. The yolk is extremely good to have in a diet, all the way up to a contest in fact.

JM

Thanks for the replies guys, and I found some great farms here in maryland on that site!

As for the macros in eggs, im finding some different information doing a google search. Wondering what you guys use for the macros in the yolk and white of a free range egg?

The free range whites can only be better than regular whites... even though they only contain protein, a stress free hen, raised in liberty in the open air, will logically lay a better egg as a whole than the same animal raised in cage with 10 square centimeters to move. :)

Please tell me you're joking. Where you get this stuff? "Human" conditions of living for chicken! NO YOU DID NOT! HAHAHAHA! OMG! STOP! I'm gonna pee my pants!

Last edited:
The advantage of free range eggs is only in the yolk. Here is what i do. I usually only need one yolk and 7 or so whites. I buy one dozen free range eggs and i buy 3 dozen of the cheap eggs. I use the whites from the cheap eggs and the whole egg from the good eggs. Its very easy. But beware that most eggs you buy from the store that say cage free are NOT cage free. Christophers eggs are one of the only store bought eggs that are true free range. They have 660mg of omega 3 per egg. if your eggs dont contain at least that amount of omega 3's, they are not free range. And organic doesnt mean shit!

JM
I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!!! LOL preach brotha :cool:

I can't believe these guys are throwin away the yolks :eek:

I eat the shit out of the yolks.

And get out of here with your liberal animal bullshit. Oh you care about how the poor chickens and cows live?

If you care about cows then you better be against the systematic, unnecessary, and inhumane slaughtering of them for the sole purpose of human consumption. So you want the cows to be happy before they are slaughtered and chopped into manageable pieces/shipped worldwide? Yeah you want to treat the cows like humans until it's dinner time and you feel like having a steak. Then it's time to treat them like shit again. Wow your moral code is so inspiring.***yawn***

Okay, done ranting. But yeah I eat the yolks. Haha.

Last edited:
WOW that was way out of line. :mad:

Do you even know who mountaindog is? Have you read any of his informational and educational posts? Have you read all the help he has given people on here and that he is the ONE who introduce most of us to free range eggs and grass fed beef.

Last edited:
WOW that was way out of line. :mad:

Do you even know who mountaindog is? Have you read any of his informational and educational posts? Have you read all the help he has given people on here and that he is the ONE who introduce most of us to free range eggs and grass fed beef.

I actually wasn't responding to any one person. And I wasn't disputing any health/nutritional benefits of eating free range eggs/grass fed beef.

I was just addressing the inconsistency in those who want to treat cows like humans but still don't mind them being systematically/ruthlessly slaughtered for needless consumption. If you place value on the life of a cow then you can't be happy about them being unnecessarily slaughtered. You either care about them or you don't. There's no middle ground.

And I'm not the only person who had a problem with those views. Read up a few posts. Several people found it laughable.

Good reads on here and also a little humor. I love it!!! Aren't chickens like one of the most stupid creatures thou? They will actually fall asleep with there heads heads back and drown themselves if it is raining.:D

We raised chickens when I was a kid. Not very many, usually had about 100. "Free range" I guess, they were never caged unless a hen was setting eggs to hatch.
You ever watch free chickens feed? They would literally rather eat shit than cracked corn. Took feed to them in a styrofoam bucket once... they ignored the feed and totally consumed the styrofoam. I have found a number of chickens dead that strangled trying to choke down a lizard or snake. Being free doesn't make the eggs more nutritious. It's the genetics of the breed of bird and the diet that determines that. I believe in respecting our food animals, but free range eggs are definitely not superior enough to be worth anywhere near the money they cost... over twice as much where I live.

We raised chickens when I was a kid. Not very many, usually had about 100. "Free range" I guess, they were never caged unless a hen was setting eggs to hatch.
You ever watch free chickens feed? They would literally rather eat shit than cracked corn. Took feed to them in a styrofoam bucket once... they ignored the feed and totally consumed the styrofoam. I have found a number of chickens dead that strangled trying to choke down a lizard or snake. Being free doesn't make the eggs more nutritious. It's the genetics of the breed of bird and the diet that determines that. I believe in respecting our food animals, but free range eggs are definitely not superior enough to be worth anywhere near the money they cost... over twice as much where I live.

I agree. How ''happy'' a woman is and ''how good they are treated'' doesn't mean how big and strong.. or small and weak their kids are gonna to be! Plus, you can buy 3 dozen regular eggs for cheaper ($2.49) than a dozen of your pampered Egglands Best eggs ($3.99)! Screw that...

Last edited:
Free range chickens are still often in cramped hen houses and kept in poor conditions. Go with "organic" eggs. These chickens are allowed to roam and are not cooped up in hen barns...

check out the movie "food inc." for great info on chickens and the U.S. meat supply..

I agree. How ''happy'' a woman is and ''how good they are treated'' doesn't mean how big and strong.. or small and weak their kids are gonna to be! Plus, you can buy 3 dozen regular eggs for cheaper ($2.49) than a dozen of your pampered Egglands Best eggs ($3.99)! Screw that...
wow you guys! LOL keep doing what your doing gentlemen... but if you don't believe what a chicken eats plays a role in how nutritious an egg is, well then i don't know what to tell ya.

Happy growing guys! :)

wow you guys! LOL keep doing what your doing gentlemen... but if you don't believe what a chicken eats plays a role in how nutritious an egg is, well then i don't know what to tell ya.

Happy growing guys! :)
Uhhh... whooh there boss... I diden't say anything about what they're eating!? I simply said I woulden't think rather they are "happy" in their environment (caged vs. free range) or not... has anything to do with the Macros of their eggs. Now their actual diet, yes I agree, I better diet comes a better egg.

Last edited:
I personally want the animals I murder, skin, and whose flesh I sear over an open flame to be as happy as possible right up to the time they take those last steps! If I had it my way, they would be allowed to frollic in the sun, kids would be allow to play with them, pet them and keep them as family pets. A happy animal just taste better! Then everyone would cry boo-hoo-hoo when I walk out back with my 4570 and put a baseball size hole through it's head, chop his ass into steaks and fill my freezer!

Seriously, I buy Natures Promise Omega 3 Eggs and since I'm on the Polumbo diet, I eat every single solitary Yolk. They just taste better than the Stop and Shop Eggs.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws