over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quote of the Day

Paraphrasing I see
This is what I was able to find:

On the origin of the quote "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt," which has been wrongly attributed to both to Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain

The earliest evidence that I was able to find was a 1907 book by Maurice Switzer. And it seems to contain a lot of original material and it includes the statement "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." So it's slightly different phrasing, but I believe that is what evolved to generate the modern common version.

"Do you really want to be happy? You can begin by being appreciative of who you are and what you've got."

~Benjamin Hoff

"It's dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly. Learn to do everything lightly. Yes, feel lightly even though you're feeling deeply. Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them. So throw away your baggage and go forward. There are quicksands all about you, sucking at your feet, trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair. That's why you must walk so lightly. Lightly my darling."
--- Aldous Huxley

"Sometimes I just wanna say f**** you b****" M2M
Just had a major fight with the wife, sorry to bring down the thread. I love her to death but sometimes, holy shit I just can't deal!

Think of your energy as currency
When you care less about focusing your energy on the things you are against,
You have more energy to spend on creating what you do want.
Maryam Hasnaa

this has actually helped me a lot since discovering this. lockdowns, restriction, masks, the political climate, division.
all of this was leading me to just rant and spew negativity and effecting my mental health, my outlook on life, other people.

i'm just going to focus on putting out positivity as the world really seems to be lacking it. i cant change things but i can change what i put out into the universe. even if it effects no one, it changes my mindset

“The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power.”

Alexander Hamilton, "The Farmer Refuted", February 5, 1775

"We learn, when we learn, only from experience, and then we only learn from our mistakes. Our successes only serve to reinforce our superstitions."

~Arthur Jones

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

"Somewhere out there, someone is training harder than you, and when you meet in competition you will lose"
M2M :cool:
This was told to me by a high school friend on the wrestling team with me. I recite this to myself before every workout. Works every time!

“A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of a higher obligation. … To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the ends to the means.”

Thomas Jefferson, to John B. Colvin, September 20, 1810

Behold, I am a forest and a night of dark trees, but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks of roses under my cypresses - Neitzche

@USMC regarding ben franklin- he was a sage, a Rosicrucian, and freemason, the majority of our founding fathers were. They studied all sciences and arts many including "alchemy". They were extremely well versed in all subjects and in the mysteries of ancient Egypt and greece/persia,sumeria as part of the curriculum for the "fraternities" they were part of as well as metaphysics

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.

- Alan Watts

We owe a lot to alan watts. He introduced the concepts of zen Buddhism to the western world and tao te ching basically (way of the tao) that lao tzu spoke about. I used to listen to his lectures for hours and hours and hours marathons almost with my son. People like to throw stones because he died single and an alcoholic. Thall shalt not throw stones whilst thou liveth in a glass house.

Behold, I am a forest and a night of dark trees, but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks of roses under my cypresses - Neitzche

@USMC regarding ben franklin- he was a sage, a Rosicrucian, and freemason, the majority of our founding fathers were. They studied all sciences and arts many including "alchemy". They were extremely well versed in all subjects and in the mysteries of ancient Egypt and greece/persia,sumeria as part of the curriculum for the "fraternities" they were part of as well as metaphysics

Compare those wise people with current politicians, from anywhere in the world, from any side or ideology ... make you want to cry

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws