over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

R.I.P. BASSKILLER

RIP

Have always used his "cooking/brewing instructions for about 15 years. Before really anybody doing that Basskiller was THE man for homebrew.

His nickname is striking and easy to remember because without knowing anything about who he was I remember reading some articles on old websites.

Wow, that sucks to hear man...Dude was around from the beginning, a legend in the game! From WCBB, to here, to the UGBB, he was everywhere.

Was talking about him last month when I directed a member to check out his conversion threads...He was a solid dude who made friends with everyone.

He was already missed but glad to hear he's no longer suffering...I know you were really close with him BMJ, so I know it must hurt, sorry man!

Thanks my man!:)

Yea, he was hardly around even his own forum the last 2-3 years, just off-and-on. When he did log on, he wouldn't post too much. He had some issues with the host of the forum after they changed owners (the host), and they newer people were stupid lazy and hard to work with. The last year or so, the board cut-out 2-3 times for short periods, and he was in the middle of changing everything when he got really sick. He had so many health issues come up one after the other, but he would always bounce back. When the board cut-off for good around Nov of 2022, he had just had knee surgery, then caught a major infection in the knee afterward, and then caught pneumonia a few times and had to stay in the ER a few times. He could barely even type a text at that point. Last text I got from him was at the beginning of Dec 2022, and then nobody received anything from him after that:( He never sent over the keys to the board so it was lost for good. A few of us offered to pay for it and to keep it going, but he never got back to us. He was pretty stubborn, he hated having to ask for help on anything. He may have already been too far gone by that point to care, or maybe he thought he was gonna get around to it and didn't think he'd go down so hard....we've all asked ourselves those questions over and over, lol. He always wanted his forum to continue after he was gone, so who knows. Before all that, he had some underlying liver issues he was dealing with, but I can't remember exactly what the diagnosis was. He was pretty quiet on it all and kept it to himself. I think GotGame would remember what exactly he had wrong as he offered to help him with what he could do, but BK was stubborn, lol. He did continue going to the physicians he had, but it he never really improved. He had bad knees from a construction accident years prior, and with everything he had going on, I don't think he kept up on staying healthy from exercise and stuff. I do know he was not takin g any AAS the many final years, at least nothing outside of maybe trt, if he was even doing that.

Another Mod from his board, had one conversation with his wife and she stated all BK would do was just lay in bed (the final year). He and his wife were taking care of his mother, and then his wife was basically taking care of both of them. His mom died 2 weeks before he did:( He asked to go to the doctor later that day after his mom died, and he was put on dialysis.

I hardly see any of my IRL friends these days. I train at home with what I have, and spend the rest of the day, outside of work, with my kiddos and studying. It's been this way for a good many years now. But even when I was regularly seeing buddies of mine, it's funny how we can get good strong relationships from people on these forums. We've talked about it before. But yea, I knew BK for many years before i even signed up on his forum. I didn't know him personally that well prior, just small talk here and there for many many years. He made me a Mod super quick after I joined his forum, and then eventually an Admin, which probably didn't do anything special, lol....just still felt like a Mod:D It seemed like the past 14-15+ years just flew by. I started posting on his forum after AFboard slowed down considerably, and then eventually closed down. It was all close to around when we were posting on Jig's UG forum, and then eventually when raj took it over.

He was a good stubborn fukker for sure. It's really hit me a lot more than I thought it would have. The good thing is that all the WCBB mods and I talk daily in chat, and a lot post over at TID, and a few stop in here. We kind of all knew it was coming, but with no contact it was up in the air for over a year+.

My list of board i go to have dwindled even further, lol. I'm now down to just here at ProM, anasci and TID and a private forum or two. I'm at the point where I wish I could remember half of what i've forgotten over the many years, LOL!

Thanks to Big A and LK at TID to still keep this shit going. You guys are the last of a dying generation. To look back at all the forums I was on, and so many no longer around, it's almost like a distant memory left going by a string with a few boards. I guess Millard still has Meso, but that forum is just not me at this stage. Not a social media guy much either for this stuff, but i hang around to keep up.

Anyway, wasn't supposed to post much and i wrote a damn novel:eek: Gotta go give my man rAJJIN some lovin' below now as well:)

He is one of those great guys like JM
That you will just see people say Great things about. He treated people good.
Give more than he could ever take. Was a friend to the entire community.

I mentioned to Mr.BmJ and crew that if his family is accepting donations to please let us know. I know on top of losing a loved one the cost involved can also be overwhelming.

Man, especially coming from a friend like you, he would be flattered to even be put in the same beath as JM! Hopefully he's smiling down from the heavens at this with a big grin on his face. He always thought super highly of you man, not sure if he ever told you that in conversation or not;) He told me that a few times over the years and how well he thought you did over at the UG when you had it. You went through a lot during that period and handled it well. You were put in a couple of hard situations over there, lol! It was all fun though:)

Us older guys are keeping these forums alive, at least doing what we can. There are still a good number of us out there, but we all slow down a lot more when we get older and more experienced and just sort of read more than post. You and all the staff here do a great job. You have always been a great friend to me and treated me with a ton of respect.

I posted a lot of BK's health history above in K1's post so i would regurgitate it here, lol. I don't think there is anything in place for BK, but i'll ask some of the others and see if it is something that should be done. It would help his wife and family. I can't imagine what she is going through. Sometimes i wonder, with people like BK, who spent so much of his time and life on these forums for 20+ years, if it were truly worth it for him and his family. He lost pretty much everything he had once his health went down and the money he spent on bills for it. It was always hard for him to ask for help because he was stubborn like that....but i'm the same way so i understand him 100%. I'll see what others think and i'll let you know. I want to say more on this but can't put it into the right words.

Thanks raj!:)

So sorry to hear this tragic news.

For years I learned so much from this man. This community has lost a great asset.

Prayers are with @MR. BMJ may you always admire and appreciate the friendship you had and the family may be comforted in this time of need.

That’s devastating news. He gave us GFS board members a safe, private place after Greg/Badham passed. So many great guys have come and gone in the 20+ years I’ve been on the boards (mostly private the last decade or so), but few have had the impact of BK. RIP and Godspeed brother.

I have an old account on his forum from about 20 years ago. His forum is where I would buy fina pellets and learned to brew using a kit a sponsor sold from his forum.

A very helpful and great guy! R.I.P Basskiller. 😔

RIP

Have always used his "cooking/brewing instructions for about 15 years. Before really anybody doing that Basskiller was THE man for homebrew.
if you have any digital copies saved or access hmu , would like to get everything and majority of his content on an accessible google drive or something. anasci has a lot of his old stuff still I believe . i could probably rewrite the oral cap calculations off memory alone, for study/research purposed only :)

if you have any digital copies saved or access hmu , would like to get everything and majority of his content on an accessible google drive or something. anasci has a lot of his old stuff still I believe . i could probably rewrite the oral cap calculations off memory alone, for study/research purposed only :)
Unfortunately I don't have anything saved from Basskiller

R.I.P.

If I remember correctly he was a OG for sure

sorry to hear this.. super fun and helpful guy back when i was a noob 20 years ago

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws