over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rich Piana in coma ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many of us think this is substance abuse related and thats why we have sympathy for his situation. I for one fought that fight for a long time as I know many others on this board have. Even if its not substance abuse related he has mental health issues going on and that is sad in itself. We know his pursuit of bigness is being fueled by his own insecurities which I know a lot of us can also relate to.

We have multiple threads always on the front page titled "Sleep aid/anxiety, Xanax every night before bed" people having strokes, people on dialisis, people using and abusing and not getting blood work or just ignoring it all together.

We blast away and as long as we are taking our blood pressure medications to help our blood pressure, our health sups to keep our kidneys, liver, cholesterol and prostate in check we tell ourselves we are "A" okay :rolleyes: and have health in the forefront of our minds...Not to mention spending all our money on food supplements, gear, growth and shows, how many of us have financial freedom with money saved and could swing a few months bills if we had something terrible happened to us and couldn't work? I don't want to generalize but a lot of us are fucken addicts here in one way or another and have our priorities mixed up.

We are in our own bubble here...the rest of the world thinks we are as crazy as rich paina I got news for you.

In florida ? Just curious bc the er I work in would never do that

From my hellish experiences going threw withdrawals from meds post back surgery. Looked into that and found that most hospitals refuse to do it unless extreme situations......

Last edited:
I wonder if this was intentional. He went to the doctor looking for IGF.Then , he states he is going on an all rice diet with only one meal of protein. He states he wants to go down to 240 pounds. It sounds like he got bad news about his blood work from the doctor. I hope this isn't the case and he pulls through.

I wonder if this was intentional. He went to the doctor looking for IGF.Then , he states he is going on an all rice diet with only one meal of protein. He states he wants to go down to 240 pounds. It sounds like he got bad news about his blood work from the doctor. I hope this isn't the case and he pulls through.

i assume this as well. He freaked about the bad news and the addiction spiraled.

Since any comments regarding his health and current situation is speculation I wont comment on that until we know more.

I have never spoken to him but to me he at least seems like a decent guy and seems to be honest with respect to this sport and his perspective on certain things in life. I respect him for that and I would certainly like to talk to him about some health related issues in the future.

I just really hope the doctors taking care of him arent gonna get thrown for a loop based on any "abnormal imaging or labs". Unless you know whats up you could be led down a different direction entirely.

I don't think thats what he means Bio.....

nobody said they wished he was dead.....

but the guy does/did this shit to himself...!!!!!
and now we are supposed to feel bad for him...???

no one wants the guy to die......but we all make our own bed here....

He may be in this situation because he did it to himself, but we could say the same thing about every bodybuilder who suffers a PED induced heart attack, stroke, etc. What do we do when that happens? We see a bunch of threads go up offering prayers, wishing the bodybuilder welll, and sometimes even donating money! The few times people have put up comments saying "fuck em', he made his own bed", they get their asses chewed to bits.

I don't really think there is any difference between Rich situation and a bodybuilder who has a PED-induced heart attack. If anything, the guys who have rec. drug addictions may deserve even more sympathy...because most of the time they are using simply to avoid emotional pain...not to have fun or for vain purpose, such as building bigger muscles. The drug addict doesn't use thinking he is going to die, but bodybuilders know full well the damage they are doing to their bodies, yet they do it anyway...and still get our support when their health goes to shit.

PED's, rec. drugs, whatever. They can all cause harm, but non of these people are trying to hurt themselves.

but mike...if hes only breathing a few short breaths a minute...depending on how long he was like that....

isnt there a chance of brain damage???

No. With an opioid OD, one of two things happen. They either end up fine or they die. I don't know of a single opioid addict who has OD'd (and I known well over 100+, as I worked in an addiction hospital many years back) who suffered ANY sort of brain damage from an opioid OD. They always end up either fine or dead (most people who OD never go to the hospital; they just stay at home and the drug eventually wears off...then they wake up).

This is because opioids kill people through cardio-respiratory depression. When an addict OD's, the effects of that OD become fully apparent within a minute of the drug hitting the bloodstream. In other words, the person's breathing and heart rate will slow down to whatever it is going to be almost immediately after the full dose hits the bloodstream...and it will either be adequate to sustain life, or it won't. Sometimes people die almost instantly (in the case of a severe OD) or it can take a few minutes, but you will never see someone mainline a bag of heroin, stay alive for 2 hours, and the suddenly die of cardio-respiratory depression. If they can make it past the first few minutes, they will make it all the way through.

So, if someone found Rich at his home even 15 minutes after he OD'd and called an ambulance...and it took 7 minutes to arrive...and it got him to the hospital 7 minutes later...he would already be dead if the OD was large enough to kill him.

Now, with prescription pain meds (pills) it can be a bit different because the full dose doesn't usually kick-in immediately, especially if the individual had food in their stomach. In this case the person could possibly end up taking a large enough dose to die, yet still be alive 20 minutes after first passing out...simply because the full dose hasn't hit yet.

But...after a full, lethal dose hits the bloodstream, the person has only minutes to get help or they will die.

My guess is that Rich would have lived without anyone's help, but someone who was there (or found him) got scared because he was unresponsive and called 911.

I judge people by the way they treat me. Rich was very kind to me. I like him because of that. I hope he pulls through and stays far away from street drugs and friends who use street drugs.

That right there.

He may be in this situation because he did it to himself, but we could say the same thing about every bodybuilder who suffers a PED induced heart attack, stroke, etc. What do we do when that happens? We see a bunch of threads go up offering prayers, wishing the bodybuilder welll, and sometimes even donating money! The few times people have put up comments saying "fuck em', he made his own bed", they get their asses chewed to bits.

I don't really think there is any difference between Rich situation and a bodybuilder who has a PED-induced heart attack. If anything, the guys who have rec. drug addictions may deserve even more sympathy...because most of the time they are using simply to avoid emotional pain...not to have fun or for vain purpose, such as building bigger muscles. The drug addict doesn't use thinking he is going to die, but bodybuilders know full well the damage they are doing to their bodies, yet they do it anyway...and still get our support when their health goes to shit.

PED's, rec. drugs, whatever. They can all cause harm, but non of these people are trying to hurt themselves.

everybody has their own emotional pain.....the way you deal with it
is up to you....then you reap the consequence....

as far as Rich....he seems to appear one way on cam....and another way
in person....he puts himself out there for criticism....so he gets it....
and its not ALL GOOD....

either way....no one here wishes him any harm, or bad fortune....
as being a "youtube personality" would not constitute such wishes....

it is what it is.......that's about all I can say about it....

we really don't even know what happen at this point.....
so lets not jump to conclusions...

In florida ? Just curious bc the er I work in would never do that

In have no idea about Florida, but it definitely happens in Ohio (where I live). I would imagine that different hospitals, doctors, etc, handle things differently. What one doctor might find acceptable, another might not and vice versa.

Hopefully its a medically induced coma for a rapid detox. However, getting the drugs out of his system is only the beginning of the battle. Its going to take a lot more effort on his part to stay clean. AA, NA, rehab, time off drugs altogether, and time off of gear.

That's what I think it is--a medically induced coma for detox purposes.

everybody has their own emotional pain.....the way you deal with it
is up to you....then you reap the consequence....

as far as Rich....he seems to appear one way on cam....and another way
in person....he puts himself out there for criticism....so he gets it....
and its not ALL GOOD....

either way....no one here wishes him any harm, or bad fortune....
as being a "youtube personality" would not constitute such wishes....

it is what it is.......that's about all I can say about it....

we really don't even know what happen at this point.....
so lets not jump to conclusions...

Watch it end up being something completely different than what most people thought. I wouldn't be surprised.

Watch it end up being something completely different than what most people thought. I wouldn't be surprised.

I would not doubt that at all.....

everyone so quick to jump to conclusions...

The bios3 guy said he talked to some of 5% crew and he fell and hit his head some how

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If it was a medically induced coma because of an OD, he will be just fine. If we was going to die of an OD (from opioids) he would have died long before they even had time to put him in a medically induced coma.

The reason they sometimes put opioid addicts in a medically induced coma post-OD is so that they can ride out their acute withdrawal symptoms in peace, without having to feel them. It basically a forced withdrawal done without the person's awareness. Afterward, when the person wakes up, the worst is over. They did Rich a favor. This happened to one of my friends.

Mike Arnold: You are wrong on every point you raise. 1. He will not be just fine because they've put him in a medically induced coma. A medically induced coma is for the purposes of ameliorating brain swelling that threatens to herniate the brain through the foramen magnum. A phenomena called uncal herniation. Memorize that term. The brain lives in a closed, unremitting environment -- the skull. And wether brain swelling is a result of trauma, tumor, apoplexy, or other insults such as intra-axial contusions, there are few options for providing more room for the brain to blossom without impingement. Because that impingement is the hangman's noose - uncal herniation. Guess what else cause cerebral edema? I think you already know.

2. When combinations of CNS depressants are cock-tailed they override the brains CNS respiratory drive. The heart stops pumping. the dormant lungs fill with fluid and inducing a coma or hooking up real diuretics like mannitol is not something my EMS friends are always comfortable doing.

The only question that matters is how long, if at all, his brain has been without oxygen at this point. More than a few minutes - and you will be
fortunate to visit your pal in a SNFF with a trach and a g-tube circling nondescript patterns in the air with his one semi-paraparetic toe. Untill he most assuredly dies of sepsis from decubitus ulcers that ravage his anal vault and tunnel to his sacrum causing osteo that can't be/doesn't want to be controlled by the 7-7 nurses that must muster special harness to turn him to his contralateral sides q 2. Got that. Chump.

Last edited:
In have no idea about Florida, but it definitely happens in Ohio (where I live). I would imagine that different hospitals, doctors, etc, handle things differently. What one doctor might find acceptable, another might not and vice versa.

It doesn't work like that (at least not at the roulette odds your shit for brains thinks it does).

I would not doubt that at all.....

everyone so quick to jump to conclusions...

I pray you are right. But hope for the best. Know the worst. I don't believe in being prepared for the worst. The worst is a non-definable entity right with human peril througout history. We are talking about reproducible translatable science here. Not grey zone ingredients in supplements. Under stand where I am coming from before you demand my expulsion.

If this was more in line with your best of desires: A Nasal Canula not a mask would have been used.

If he concted his head: He would be in the OR getting a crani to resect a SDH or EDH not be placed in triple medical coma: versed, propofol, and take your pick (fent, remifent on a tiiiiiiiight drip, not morphine or any other long acting junk).

I don't know this fella. I suffer for all human life lost for whatever reason. I could care less if "they should have known better". That's a cop out wheterh you believe in God, Odin, Buda, Karma, or chance.

Right now if anyone wants to pray for this soul: Pray Mike Arnold is right and "He'll be fine." More realistically, pray he is is surgery with expert neurosyrgeon who scalped his skull and stopped the bridging veins or mmengial from bleeding. I fear it's neither of those. I fear it's a neurologic emergency and it's going to be touch and go to see if his uncus retracts off the foramen magnum.

This whole idea that he is in a medically induced coma for withdrawals is 100% complete horseshit. How would they even know he would have withdrawals? Many opiate addicts will OD with a relapse after a period of sobriety because they misjudged tolerance. A medically induced coma would not be ordered on the off chance the person would go through withdrawals. This is completely ridiculous, with all due respect. He was found unresponsive. Having spent many years in acute care ED and ICU I can tell you what happened. They ran a CT to look for bleeds or the like when he got the hospital. There was some finding on the CT 99% likely cerebral edema. After which he was sent to ICU and placed in a medically induced coma, 99% likely with propofol, in order to save his life and/or reduce the risk of permanent brain damage. It was not done because of opiate withdrawal of that you can be certain. Now whether he OD'd and hit his head when he fell, whether he just tripped and fell and hit his head or whether he OD'd and was out for a significant period is yet to be seen. But one of the 3 events occurred, causing the cerebral edema and the medically induced coma was ordered. The hope essentially is to rest the brain, decrease the brain swelling and thus decrease brain damage. Worst case scenario is that they found a bleed, i.e. he had a stroke. But I'm assuming they believe he OD'd for some reason other than he's Rich Piana, i.e. found a needle near by or some street opiate tabs with fentanyl like Prince. Regardless, this is extremely serious and opiate withdrawals, if he is even addicted to opiates and honestly that's a huge IF, are the absolute least of his worries at this point.

Rex.

Mike Arnold: You are wrong on every point you raise. 1. He will not be just fine because they've put him in a medically induced coma. A medically induced coma is for the purposes of ameliorating brain swelling that threatens to herniate the brain through the foramen magnum. A phenomena called uncal herniation. Memorize that term. The brain lives in a closed, unremitting environment -- the skull. And wether brain swelling is a result of trauma, tumor, apoplexy, or other insults such as intra-axial contusions, there are few options for providing more room for the brain to blossom without impingement. Because that impingement is the hangman's noose - uncal herniation. Guess what else cause cerebral edema? I think you already know.

2. When combinations of CNS depressants are cock-tailed they override the brains CNS respiratory drive. The heart stops pumping. the dormant lungs fill with fluid and inducing a coma or hooking up real diuretics like mannitol is not something my EMS friends are always comfortable doing.

The only question that matters is how long, if at all, his brain has been without oxygen at this point. More than a few minutes - and you will be
fortunate to visit your pal in a SNFF with a trach and a g-tube circling nondescript patterns in the air with his one semi-paraparetic toe. Untill he most assuredly dies of sepsis from decubitus ulcers that ravage his anal vault and tunnel to his sacrum causing osteo that can't be/doesn't want to be controlled by the 7-7 nurses that must muster special harness to turn him to his contralateral sides q 2. Got that. Chump.

You didn't read a damn thing i posted. I didn't say he would be fine just because they put him in a medically induced coma! I said that if they did it for the purpose or DETOX he would be OK. There's a big difference between putting someone in a coma because they HAVE to...and doing so to help someone ride out detox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner