over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

rotator cuff

Jrflex10er

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
yo guys.....what do you have for some good rotator cuff exercises? Have any sites or pictures that you can show me?

I gotta look up a site with some good ones for ya. I tore my rotator and have separated my shoulder a few times so I know'em all bro.

Get yourself an exercise band. You can do side laterals and front raises with your thumbs up. Then you can tie the band to your door and do two exercises, keep your elbo stiff to your side with your hand out, elbo bent at a 90 degree and then you can pull from your stomach out and then turn around and pull from to your stomach.

Another one is lay on the side of the bed and let your arm hang and with a 2-5lb dumbell do one arm laterals while you are laying down. You can also lay on your side and do the exercises I stated above with the band tied to the door but intead do them with the 2-5lb dumbell. You can put a pillow between your arm and your side if you need to create leverage.

Thats about it....theres a few more but those are the ones I liked best.

Stretches put both hands and the side of the door frame and just lean past the door, put your arm up at a 90 degree, kinda like you were doing raising your right hand under oath. Now lean your arm against the door frame and slowly start walking away from your shoulder until you get a good stretch.

Good enough to work out, but a few years back I changed up my workouts. I'm on the DL list again with a herniated disk in my neck right now, but going thru therapy now and finally back in the gym.

But a few years back i tore my rotator and I was in the military and opted not to have surgery because I was getting ready to go overseas....after I got back the Ortho Dr said that I had developed scar tissue and that it was up to me if I wanted surgery at that point, but it was 50/50 as far as if it would be any better than it was. I started lifting and soon got back alot of strength, but I didn't flat, incline or military press a straight bar. I did Hammer strength, Smythe Machines and Dumbells and I got as strong as I could in those exercises with no problems. I only felt slight tingle when doing a bar.

But I found exercises I could grow with and still push good weight. Nothing stopped me from deadlifting 5 plates so I was good with it. No I hurt my neck so its therapy all over again. I'd say from the day I tore my rotator it was about year before I was hundred percent (but I was gone for 6 of those months).

yea bro

Yea bro, I have some exercises for you. I fucked up my rotator cuff back in Dec. and am just getting back in the gym. I'll get you those sites

**broken link removed**

These articles also good from a correctional exercise standpoint. Here is **broken link removed** and here is **broken link removed** Just scroll back on the links to get parts 2,3, and 4.

Finally, look around here after reading the articles and look at "lateral rotation"

Here

I love that side lying external rotation movement that theyre showing.

These articles will also be useful for reference: **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Now, before you go doing all these exercises, make sure you fix youre posture (you have about 1-2 hours in the gym and 22-23 hours in the rest of the day to screw things up). Secondly, when you do these movents, do them slowly at first, and also use LIGHT weight. You want to isolate the cuff and using heavy weights or fast weights will cause the body to compensate and use the chest, lats, traps, etc. These movements should feel very internal. Thirdly, if you need to, lay off some benching and focus more on getting your back and mid trap up to par if youre suffering from a postural imbalance. Finally, if all this stuff doesnt get rid of any pain, go to a chiro who specializes in ART (active release therapy, you can google it and find someone near you) because you may have some scar tissue built up in your cuff, causing inflammation. It is THE BEST myofascial release and soft tissue work for athletes.

Last edited:
I had an orthoscopy of my left shoulder back in November. Let me tell you NEVER, I repeat NEVER, stop doing the physical therapy exercises even if you are feeling better. Form is just as important. You will see guys doing "rotator cuff" exercises in the gym but they are cheating and using their traps or back. Before you begin any exercise straighten your back by standing upstraight. (I know this seems obvious but check your form, you can always be straighter) Then squeeze your scapula (shoulder blades) together and then pull them down. It naturally pushes your chest up. You will kind of feel like a cheese dick posing in the gym but that is the proper form. Use this form for not only your rotator cuff exercises but all exercises. It will kep your shoulder safe. It takes a while to get down but it truly helps. Dont go crazy on weight for your rotator cuff, you will find if you do an exercise properly you cant handle large weights. As with any exercise build your form then your weight. Let me know how it goes please.

FYI, I'm doing a lot better than presurgery but I still am cautious about heavy lifts. Overhead presses I am strong in but bench not so much. If you are using gear be sure to strenghten the cuffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the help everyone and I'll let you know how things go...

Hey bro,

I did my shoulder quite bad about 5-6 years ago. Got to the point that I couldn't adjust my pillow sleeping, just reaching up hurt too much.

First thing I did, was obviously I had to stop training for a bit. When I rehab'd I did some water resistant work. Now my strength is close to what it was even though I primarily train for MMA\boxing (I did this as a kid, took a break and hit the weights hard and the last two years have more or less gone back to it, it's my truer love). Stretching is IMO the most neglected thing I have seen from BBs. I actually prefer to think of my stretch time as essential to my workout, I call it the flexibility training element, so that I think of it not as a warm up, but a seperate training phase all of its own. Most elite athletes in other sports do this; I have always wondered why BB's don't take it more seriously.

Anyway I would reccomend very highly that you use a rope or rubber band type thing if you can get it to put good tension on your cuff as you stretch. This has helped me tremendously. BAsically, I just use enough tension to make my cuff work, without overloading it, but when I am done with it, I feel a good warm prelim pump. Poloquin used to have some articles on this, I can't find them anymore, but maybe a bit of a search will yield some results.

Good luck bro...remember that although you might put some extra time into it, it is a neccessary investment; fuck up your cuffs, and you can kiss your training good bye for a long time.

I had to have mine scoped. Lifting with all balls and no brains in my youth. Ignoring the small rotater cuff muscles creates an imbalance, than injury, chronic inflamation and maybe surgery. I tried to rehab for years before surgery. Its fine now but it took way too long to get it back. Be smart now before it too late. exhaust every ave. before you go to the O.R. Of course now my elbow hurts all the time!!!!!!!!!

Try this one...it helped me.

Lift up one syringe- fill with 1/2 mL Deca- inject intramuscularly.

One rep per week for 6 weeks.

:D

Seriously, I used Deca (for medicinal purposes-not as a cycle) after a severe shoulder injury. The pain in my shoulder stopped and I regained full strength and range of motion.

That was over two years ago and I've been going good ever since.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws