over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rotator Cuff Surgery

I competed in my first BBing comp in high school at 17 and continued into my early 30's, then powerlifting into my early 40's. Didn't have shoulder issues till I got near 50. R rotator cuff surgery late 2018. L mid 2019 (much worse tear, more extensive surgery). I could/can flare my lats without any problems about 3 months after both. Whichever shoulder you have surgery on, that arm stays glued to your side in an arm splint for a minimum of 2 weeks. About that time you start PT and they start doing passive range (they range you). You then move to active assisted (you range yourself) at about 3 weeks-month after. By about 2 months the majority of the surgical pain is gone and the surgical sites have completely healed. Now your shoulder is just stiff at the top end. At this point it's all about getting to full ROM in combo with strengthening exercises. My PT's really made me push myself in that 3-4 month time frame. Took me about 8 months to get to about 80-85% in the left due to the anchors and not wanting to overdo it. I was back to pulling 495lb from the floor at about 10 months. Showed one of my PT's the video and she just shook her head. I have total confidence in both shoulders today "but" I refrain from doing certain overhead exercises. I'm 50+ and got nothing to prove. My ego only gets competitive at the range now;)

Going in for the MRI in the next few days.
Hoping I get luckier then you guys.
The left on me is what feels like frozen shoulder with glass shards.
Good luck with your MRI, lets us know how it goes.

My doctor had me in my sling for 6 weeks, I started doing PT 1 week after surgery just passive movements until I got out of my sling and now were doing active movements and will start strength training at week 12 so a few more weeks, I was amazed how quick my range of motion came back after I got out of the sling, I followed PT exactly and was going 3x a week and was also doing stretches at home between therapy. My doctor said if my Right shoulder looks good at my next appt at the end of April then he will determine when were doing my left shoulder.

Good luck with your MRI, lets us know how it goes.

My doctor had me in my sling for 6 weeks, I started doing PT 1 week after surgery just passive movements until I got out of my sling and now were doing active movements and will start strength training at week 12 so a few more weeks, I was amazed how quick my range of motion came back after I got out of the sling, I followed PT exactly and was going 3x a week and was also doing stretches at home between therapy. My doctor said if my Right shoulder looks good at my next appt at the end of April then he will determine when were doing my left shoulder.
Awesome update.
What type of work do you do Moose?

Awesome update.
What type of work do you do Moose?
Automotive and semi industry, I have changed a lot of semi, automotive, backhoe, and farm tractor tires over the last 15 years.

When I herniated a disc in my back a few years ago, I was doing a semi tire and lifted and twisted a little too far and holy shit it hurt. LOL

Automotive and semi industry, I have changed a lot of semi, automotive, backhoe, and farm tractor tires over the last 15 years.

When I herniated a disc in my back a few years ago, I was doing a semi tire and lifted and twisted a little too far and holy shit it hurt. LOL
Damn that's heavy work!
Make sure your 100% before you go back.
Hope your employer's got your best interest in mind.
Might need to think of different ways/approaches to how
you'd normally do things (work wise).

Damn that's heavy work!
Make sure your 100% before you go back.
Hope your employer's got your best interest in mind.
Might need to think of different ways/approaches to how
you'd normally do things (work wise).
I will definitely change the way I do things from now on, I should have done it a long time ago and respected my body, I am just starting to realize that.

My employer is going to have me do more of the light-duty stuff and office work when I return. He is really understanding and wants me to take it easy. :)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear