over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Scientists on the board.

bhumik

Registered
How long would common virus (commoncold, influenza) etc. be able to survive in a oil with 2% BA and 20% BB. I was making some oil yesterday for my B12 shots :)rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) but my girlfriend was standing next to me talking non stop and she had a sore throat. Eventhough I filtered the oil, I am afraid that most likely the virus probably passed through the filter. Now i am afraid of using it.
Would simple heating the oil probably destroy the viruses.

I know i am paranoid but neone that has worked with live cultures will understand how easy it is to contaminate.
thanks

I'm curious to know what size filter you were using? 20 micron?

no .45 um . I can get a .22 um however i think thats still too big for viruses. Aint it?

How long would common virus (commoncold, influenza) etc. be able to survive in a oil with 2% BA and 20% BB. I was making some oil yesterday for my B12 shots :)rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) but my girlfriend was standing next to me talking non stop and she had a sore throat. Eventhough I filtered the oil, I am afraid that most likely the virus probably passed through the filter. Now i am afraid of using it.

I know i am paranoid but neone that has worked with live cultures will understand how easy it is to contaminate.
thanks

Your paranoid. Heat may or may not work. You can't filter a virus. Its too small.
You can filter bacteria.

No offense but you shouldn't be doing that in front of your girlfriend or anyone. You might love and trust her but chances are she isn't stupid and she knows it isn't B12.

But getting back on topic, I'd bump the BA up a little more then just shoot it. Might burn a little but you need to make sure your eviroment is sterile next time. Consider it a lesson learned. Good luck.

thanks

3 possibilities...

1. Virus-causing bacteria will be killed, or the amount will not affect you.
2.Dont use it, because you could be setting yourself up for infection/catching virus.
3. The amount of virus that got into the oil is small enough to offer just enough of the bacteria so your body can fight it off, and become immune, in this case, Youve just created your own immunization LOL..

Personally, I wouldnt use it, but Im completely paranoid about stuff like that.

More BA/heating could help, but personally, i still wouldnt risk it.

definately wear gloves and doctors face masks next time. I would re-heat it

some bacterial spores can survive the amount of heat and ba you would use. viruses can be extremely resilient and impossible to filter... its not worth the risk. next time practice sterile technique.

Your paranoid. Heat may or may not work. You can't filter a virus. Its too small.
You can filter bacteria.

well this thread caught my eye, as it said scientists, and i majored in physics (yes i am a mojor geek). i am quoted this because it reminded me of some interesting research i did once.

viruses are TINY, ridiculously tiny compared to bacteria. for example the 0.45 micron syringe filter will easily filter bacteria out of a home brew - the average bacteria size is around 0.5 to 10 microns. the average size of a virus is 10-300 nm. now a micron is a millionth of a meter, a nm (nanometer) is a billionth of a meter. 1000 nm = 1 micron. so the largest viruses are 1/3 of 1 micron. take into account that the latex used for condoms averages 5 microns pore size and that HIV is a virus what do you conclude? the pore size of latex (microscopic holes) are 15 to 500 times bigger than viruses. they pass right through it. the idea that condoms prevent the spread of HIV is BULLSHIT. kinda like helium leaking out of a ballon but much worse.

thanks

Those are respiratory viruses. What you need to worry about is the fact that she is arosolizing bacteria as she speaks, and THAT will cause a problem. But bacteria can be filtered. You may want to take another look at the way you're filtering. (in a hood?)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131