over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Serious Midnight Munchies problem

nsr54

Registered
Since I was a kid I've had the worst habit of waking up in the middle of the night numerous times. On any given night I will wake up 3-4 times. 1 to pee, 2 to eat, 3 to drink, and 4 to do 1-3 again. Number 2 on that list is killing me!

I've always been lucky to have a fairly lean body and I've never worried too much about dieting. But I've recently decided to take things a step further and want to get really lean. I've been running Palumbo's diet. Really cutting my carbs.

So this is where my problem comes into play. I'll wake up in the middle of the night, and eat anything quick and easy! More than likely, some sort of little debbie. As my roommate is on the flipside of this story like to eat junk and pig out all day and play Xbox. I have absolutely ZERO self control when I wake up at 2am and have a craving. Hell, there will be times I wake up in the morning with a nasty ass taste in my mouth, but have no clue what from, roll over in bed, and see a little debbie wrapper setting on my night stand:mad:

WTF guys, haha, how can I fix this non-sense. During the day the carb cutting is psychologically tough enough. Now I have to battle the shit at night with not even half the self control I have when I'm awake and alert....or I just don't remember it at all.

Any ideas to help fix this beast called sweet tooth.

“I have absolutely ZERO self control”

Bull Crap !
Yes you do . You just prefer to take the easy way out .
If you had well defined goals which gives into motivation this would not be a big problem as you have conjured it up to be.
What are your goals ?
Ok ! I’m waiting ?
1……2…….3…… Times up !

I’m just working you a little to get you to understand that what ever happens to you is your fault one way or the other.
I read denial in your post .” My roomie leaves Little Debbie’s “ .
It isn’t your roomies fault that you steal his stuff.
I know what your gonna say . I can hear it already
Don’t !

Let me give you a scenario where you would have self control because you will be motivated to do so.
OK ?
Thanks !
Wonder if the Doctor told you that if you eat another Little Debbie during the night that you would break out with boils on ever square inch of your body .
Yummy ! Little Debbie’s are not sounding not so good now are they ?
Right ?
Why ? Because you have a cause ! You have become motivated.
Your life is on the line.
That goes to show you do have self control, but just prefer not to use it.
Yes ?
Ok ! So much for the physiological aspect of your dilemma.
You do have self control. So ! use it damn it !

What did you have to eat yesterday and the times ?

Tatteredxangelx
Has good point , but I’ll bet that you are not eating properly time wise.
I hate when someone uses “diet” it conjures up thoughts of deprivation.
I prefer to use "eating habits". If you prefer "eating life style".
But, for the sake of it all I will use diet.
Your “diet” has to be something you can live with from now on or until change is needed
If you been around the BB’ing world for a while you will learn that your diet needs to consist of six meals spread out over your waking hours.
It usually starts out with a substantial breakfast and tapers down from there.
The last being an hour or so from bed time. Nothing heavy , a shake is fine ,maybe a bowl of fruit . You get the picture.
I personally believe that you/your body has an issue with scheduling .
You have to be consistent with the scheduling , if not your body will react inconsistently.

Hey Don’t get me wrong !
I have a long way to go as well on this subject.
There are plenty of Bro’s on this board that are far, far more knowledgeable on this subject.
I'm sure they will chime in.
Hey ! I could very well be 100% wrong.

Now for the last problem
“I wake up in the morning with a nasty ass taste in my mouth, but have no clue what from, roll over in bed, and see a little debbie wrapper setting on my night stand "

Damn it man ! I’d kick that roommate out.
Have you ever thought that he may have put Roofies in those Little Debbie’s ?

Just having fun !

Good Luck

Dont you dare talk about Debbie like that....

:p

hey i eat debbie in the middle of the night too when she lets me or when she feels like it.:D

Its the cream that I like about her .

You guys are a real bad influence on me

Last edited:

Bull Crap !
If you had well defined goals which gives into motivation this would not be a big problem as you have conjured it up to be.
What are your goals ?
Ok ! I’m waiting ?
1……2…….3…… Times up !

I’m just working you a little to get you to understand that what ever happens to you is your fault one way or the other.
Don’t !

Let me give you a scenario where you would have self control because you will be motivated to do so.
OK ?
Thanks !
Wonder if the Doctor told you that if you eat another Little Debbie during the night that you would break out with boils on ever square inch of your body .
Right ?
Yes ?

Tatteredxangelx
Your “diet” has to be something you can live with from now on or until change is needed
If you been around the BB’ing world for a while you will learn that your diet needs to consist of six meals spread out over your waking hours.
The last being an hour or so from bed time. Nothing heavy , a shake is fine ,maybe a bowl of fruit . You get the picture.
You have to be consistent with the scheduling , if not your body will react inconsistently.

Hey Don’t get me wrong !
There are plenty of Bro’s on this board that are far, far more knowledgeable on this subject.

Now for the last problem
“I wake up in the morning with a nasty ass taste in my mouth, but have no clue what from, roll over in bed, and see a little debbie wrapper setting on my night stand "

Just having fun !

Good Luck
LOL good post.
Everyone has self control, it is your choice to exercise this self control or not! It is a matter of mind over matter. Just get your head around the fact that you will not cave in. Just ask Phidias about self control while he was staying with me. If I can do it, anyone can!!!

WELL

I can relate here, I always wake up hungry around 3 am and don't usually have the time or energy to eat good. I mean I just want to go back to sleep, but it is very difficult to do when I am starving. I CAN"T have a protien shake cuz it will cause the acid reflux crap to happen when I lie back down, so I have to eat something. I keep a few tubs of cottage cheese in the fridge and usually just have some of that, but it is hard to eat that EVERY night.

I have to make myself get out of bed to pee much less fix sumthin to eat! LOL

Sounds like a blood sugar problem. There is plenty of info on here about how to stablize it. Spiking it and drop off ain't it.
Peace,GF

Bull Crap !
What are your goals ?
Ok ! I’m waiting ?
1……2…….3…… Times up !

Don’t !

OK ?
Thanks !
Right ?
Yes ?

Tatteredxangelx

Hey Don’t get me wrong !

Now for the last problem

Just having fun !

Good Luck

Roofies :rolleyes: HAHA!
It's just so hard tho fellas! Debbie just does a dude right!
I'm putting a patent on that btw :p

I'm on the verge of booting his ass to the snow bank. I can't handle all this junk in the cupboards. I guess I have been babied the whole way up through my 'bbing career'. Having to not worry a ton about my diet er "eating habbits" :p
I guess it's just time to man up.

[/QUOTE]Sounds like a blood sugar problem. There is plenty of info on here about how to stablize it. Spiking it and drop off ain't it.
Peace,GF[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate bud? It'd be much appreciated

Roofies :rolleyes: HAHA!
It's just so hard tho fellas! Debbie just does a dude right!
I'm putting a patent on that btw :p

I'm on the verge of booting his ass to the snow bank. I can't handle all this junk in the cupboards. I guess I have been babied the whole way up through my 'bbing career'. Having to not worry a ton about my diet er "eating habbits" :p
I guess it's just time to man up.
Sounds like a blood sugar problem. There is plenty of info on here about how to stablize it. Spiking it and drop off ain't it.
Peace,GF[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate bud? It'd be much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Well......The body is always trying to maintain homeostasis, and is only happy with small variations in blood sugar. If we eat a sugary snack or fast burning carb without protein or fats to slow absoption your level rises quickly and causes insulin to rush to the rescue to bring levels back down usually thats when you crash and feel the cravings for more carbs and that sluggish feeling...so we reach for that cookie(little Debbie) and the cycle starts all over again. Stay away from starchy carbs,flour or flour products(bread) fruit juices and booze and lean toward more fiborous carbs (above ground veggies),lean protein,whole fruits and good fats. Make sure you eat every 3 to 31/2 hrs and your cravings should cease. Hope this helps......GF

Don't have any bad food in the house. That will solve it.

Don't have any bad food in the house. That will solve it.

A clean house is important.....you just kind of stare at the cupboard and refrigerator....and say "man there's nothing to eat"! LOL

lil debbies were made for late night kitchen prowlers! thats really the only time i eat them. and there always seems to be new ones coming out that i have never tried...

haha no shit i hear that one

damn you guys! I pray every night for a full nights sleep and not waking up once, in a perfect world.

Add a bunch of fiber to your last meal of the day, or slug down some water with a bunch of fiber powder in it before bed. Works for me.

I get the same problem when I'm dieting... I battle threw it by ignoring the hunger and just drinking a big glass of water. Sometimes I take benadryl and then I sleep through the whole night without waking up so there is no temptation to splurge lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131