over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shingles

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well I thought I had pull the back muscle and had stabbing back pain and sore ribs, but that's not the case.
I have damn shingles, this thing is so painful, stabbing muscle pain, sore skin and ribs And just developed rash.
Just great...
Dr gave me 3 meds.

Worst thing that ever happens to me. Other then food poisioning .. Happend because I was stressed the Fuck out leading a doucble life miserable and worrying all the time. I was on some blue pill its a form.of the herpes virus and it should be out of your system within 5 days with the meds. It won't get worse . I hear its easier to get once u get it but I have been ok. One scare after .... You'll be ok bro hope u feel better

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Usually Shingles are a sign of a jacked up and compromised immune system, make sure you get a lot of rest or the illness can last.

I've had them. You are in for a bad week. Dr first gave me tramadol for pain. It did nothing. He then gave me hydrocodone which was better, but still painful. Good luck.

Thanks guys. I had no idea shingles can hurt this much. Didn't sleep all night even on Percocet .
This thing is no fun

Ive been seeing this alot on tv lately and its concerns me. Apparently if you've ever had chicken pox then you already have the shingles virus in you (which is got as a kid).
Does that mean it'll happen to me at some point in my life?
It says 1-3 people are infected with the shingles virus.

WHats the outlook after being treated? Is it over or are there onging breakouts in which you have keep taking meds periodically???

Shingles are hell! I've had then twice. Best thing I've found is to take 1000 mgs. L-Lysine,an amino acid you can get at Wal-Mart for about $5 a bottle,every 3 hours till they go away. Usually starts to clear up in a few days. Then take 1 cap a day for preventive. Take it at night and it helps with growth hormone release and boosting the immune system in general.

my wife gets flare-ups of shingles every few years. it's a bitch. usually when she's stressed or just beat down phsyically. valacyclovir (valtrex - herpes meds) and anything to boost your immune system help. the sooner you get meds, the better. and yes, if you've gotten them once, you can and probably will get them again. herpes-zoster is the virus which comes from varicella zoster (chickenpox). after your body fights off chickenpox when you're little, the virus remains (inactive) in your body. immune system tanks, virus kicks in. i've never had them (knock on wood) and pray i never do. hope you feel better.

trust me.....i'm an ICU nurse....:D

I got shingles last year about 10 weeks out from my first pro show. I ended up sleeping about 15 -20 hours a day for the first two weeks, only waking to eat and train. They are fucking awful.
I still can feel thr spot that I got, and need to sleep with a t shirt every night because the nerves it affected.
They Shreve me a a pain medication that dealt with your nerves I believe.

Had them wrapping from thr middle of my abs, all thr way around to my mid back. Still have a little mild scarring as well. Better than getting them on your face though.

shingles succcccc azzz,, i had pox when i was a kid, and never had an issue till last year,, right on the shoulder blade area between the blade and the spine,, felt like a dagger constant pulsating thru my back,, thought i had pulled or tore something as well,, went to er after couple days of sleepless nights,, and got treated,, after a week or so they went away and havent had any reflares since,,
im usually a very stressless person,, but i guess was stressed out round that time with fam and employment issues.. and ive always had a weak immune system since birth.

Had ocular shingles a few years back. My right eyelid still droops from the nerve damage, especially when I'm tired. That was a week of excrutiating pain.

Good luck, buddy.

I had shingles during Boot Camp at Paris Island. Not so pleasant memories from years ago.....

You can buy L-Lysine powder from TrueNutrition. I buy it often from them because I get really bad cold sores in my nose and throat when my immune system is shot. I also have to take Valtrex for it. This has dramatically altered my training the past few years tothe point that if I am stressed and not getting enough sleep, I have to not train at all. In the past years back, if I had a small cold virus, I could still train, but now it will give me a flare-up. I have not had shingles (knock on wood), but have to imagine i'm at high risk for it given my current condition + chickenpox as a kid.

I take a gallon of water flavored with Crystal Light every day to work, and I add my Lysine powder to it. I add about 15-25 grams....though i've never found anything to help give me an idea of how much is enough.

It's funny I found this thread.. I just came down with shingles for the first time 2 weeks ago..then a few days later eczema on my hands, also which I've never had! WTF! It's been the worst weeks of my life..I feel your pain bro.

Shingles is no joke. I had it about 4 years ago and never forgot how painful it was. I went to work every day and was sent home on a Friday due to it's contagiousness. Was back at work on Monday. The pain was so bad it became a spiritual experience just bearing it through the night. Shingles is bad :(

wondering if i should continue gh and aas while having shingles. or should i stop so i dont compromise my immune system more.
what you guys think?

Well I thought I had pull the back muscle and had stabbing back pain and sore ribs, but that's not the case.
I have damn shingles, this thing is so painful, stabbing muscle pain, sore skin and ribs And just developed rash.
Just great...
Dr gave me 3 meds.

Bro, I've been there and feel your pain...its awful. Miracle Cure for me after thorough research was Oil of Oregano.

Get the pure (non diluted) oil. It is very potent and you will need to use just a little bit and mix with a neutral oil (I used almond oil) and 50/50. Rub on the shingles. It will burn like hell but it cured me in about 36 hours totally.

Oil of Oregano is a potent anti-viral.

Good Luck.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear