advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sorry, I really have a grievance with this.

i beleive bmi goes back to the 50s and was came up by insureance companys to determine risk of individuels. Its complete bs according to the bmi thingy iam a lardo lol

Last edited:
??

Mine is 18.4 - does that mean I am big yet? :D

Man I never thought I'd live to see the day I was obese... and seems the more hard work I put in, the more obese I will get... :mad:

I do like that old myth that muscle weighs more than fat... I'm sure it might, if you could carry 100lb of extra muscle on your gut, 25lb under your chin and a shitload extra of it all over...

You should see all the diet programs we've got on our current affairs programs over here (high-ratnig cos the idiot public loves em!)... makes me want to throw my plate of chicken through the screen. "Hi, I'm Norm. I used to sit on my arse and watch TV for 16 hours a day, only exercising to answer the door three times a day for my three square meals of 3 family-sized pan fried pizzas. Now, after noy three weeks of Program X's soup diet (celery soup, duh) (and being made to walk an hour or so a day) I have actually lost 10 kilos! It's a miracle!!!!"

IronMike

It's the insurance Co.s' fault!

Yep it’s the insurance companies!

It’s too bad for all of us that the insurance companies are so fat and bloated with red tape and drudgingly slow bureaucratic B.S.

Instead of making the fat ass general public pay for their own health problems, they spread the burden so it can be shared by the few healthy people also.

Can any one say archaic?

BMI should die like the dinosaurs did! It is up to us too make these people feel as stupid as they are by asking them why they are overlooking a far more accurate method for determining overall health i.e. body composition.

Just say NO to BMI!

Brent D.

I had to resurrect this thread because I recently found out I'm too "fat", according to bmi, to participate in a medical study. Shit, it was gonna pay me $4500 for 4 DAYS. Fuck bmi.

lmfao!

shiyit!!

thats such bs... acording to mine its 24.7!!! hahhah im coastin along with 8-9% bodyfat right now and im considered fat by the BMI... i was curious and typed in vanders and hes at obese level!!! hahahhaha (didnt know there was such thing as fat people with six pack abs and veins popping out all over their arms hahha :confused: ;) :p

Yep, my bmi is still 33 but my bf is about 11% at the moment.

I came in at 30 and obese. So I looked at what a 5'10" man should be and it said that I should weight between 132 lbs. and 174 lbs. Why would anyone want to be 132lb/ stick figure? Maybe if I smoked crack. J.R.

damn mine was 35.1% at 6ft 259lbs put me in the ground now.. :eek:

i just made obese at 30.1 - lol i was eating donuts when i logged on

Im going to die

34.2 !!! Glad to know the guy down the block that drinks gallons of bourbon,smokes like a chimney,and eats pizza for breakfast yet weighs 160lbs at my height is alot healthier then me.Fucking bullshit country we live in.Where the medical field and attorneys run the fucking show!!!!

tattoojr said:
I came in at 30 and obese. So I looked at what a 5'10" man should be and it said that I should weight between 132 lbs. and 174 lbs. Why would anyone want to be 132lb/ stick figure? Maybe if I smoked crack. J.R.

I think TattooJr is right. We all have to start smoking crack so we can be healthy. It's our only hope.

BALDNAZI said:
34.2 !!! Glad to know the guy down the block that drinks gallons of bourbon,smokes like a chimney,and eats pizza for breakfast yet weighs 160lbs at my height is alot healthier then me.Fucking bullshit country we live in.Where the medical field and attorneys run the fucking show!!!!
AND he doesn't have to worry about being tested for taking illegal drugs (steroids) :rolleyes: :eek: :p

HOLY SHIT

I just checked out FRKNHUGE's bmi. I think he must already be dead. At 6'7 and 340 lbs IT WAS 38.3 hahaha.

Damn, I am only 28. I feel small. I need to start eating. Only 2 more points and I hit obese baby!

In their "limitations" section I found this:

BMI is a reliable indicator of total body fat, which is related to the risk of disease and death. The score is valid for both men and women but it does have some limits. The limits are:

It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.

I feel a little better.

Snarf said:
In their "limitations" section I found this:

BMI is a reliable indicator of total body fat, which is related to the risk of disease and death. The score is valid for both men and women but it does have some limits. The limits are:

It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.

I feel a little better.

Yep, the calculation was created to measure the “average” persons BF%.

Back in the day when this calculation was first used it was pretty accurate do to the generally poor health of society. If you are hitting the gym and have increased your LBM over the maximum weight the calculation has determined to be your “ideal” bodyweight you will get a false BF reading.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear