over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

starting to get a little worried about cholesterol

AlphaMaleDawg

Banned
So I got my bloodwork done on July 13th and my HDL was only 20 in a range of >30. This was about 4 weeks after stopping a blast of prop, tren a, and superdrol (this was stopped a week before prop and tren). When I took the blood test, I was on 500mg test e and 5iu ED of hgh.

I then got a little impatient and hopped on another blast on August 1st of prop, npp, slin (PWO 3x per week humalog), and dbol that I am currently doing now (along with 5iu HGH still).

I can't help but wonder if I am taking a serious risk as far as my HDL cholesterol goes. I only plan to use dbol and slin for 4 weeks (so about another week and a half) and then prop and npp for 8-10 weeks. HGH I have no plans on stopping.

Am I right to be very concerned right now? I have seen threads where people have reported HDL's as low as 6 but that was likely right after coming off a gear run. Or am I ok to just finish out these 8-10 weeks of this blast and then possibly come off everything (or keep a low dose of test and hgh) and try to recover my blood work values?

lessons I learned: 1. never take Superdrol again
2. don't get impatient and start blasts too early

Any help or experience would be appreciated

Sounds like you know why you are where you are at, and what to do about it. Imho are you in immediate peril? No. But you are a young guy and you dont want this to become your lipid baseline.

If that is your photo in your profile, you look great. (where are the wheels AMD? ;)) . I would take a long term view on gear and get off the harsh stuff and go with moderate doses. Unless you aspire to me a freaky mass monster. Then you really need to choose between being 275 or healthy.

I do wonder about the long term health of you guys who start the gear hard in your 20s. Maybe there isnt anything to be concerned about? But that is why I didnt start until I was 45. And I have been around gear since 1981.

Sounds like you know why you are where you are at, and what to do about it. Imho are you in immediate peril? No. But you are a young guy and you dont want this to become your lipid baseline.

If that is your photo in your profile, you look great. (where are the wheels AMD? ;)) . I would take a long term view on gear and get off the harsh stuff and go with moderate doses. Unless you aspire to me a freaky mass monster. Then you really need to choose between being 275 or healthy.

I do wonder about the long term health of you guys who start the gear hard in your 20s. Maybe there isnt anything to be concerned about? But that is why I didnt start until I was 45. And I have been around gear since 1981.

Yes that is me and thanks for the compliment. My legs are decent (I have pics but don't want to sidetrack the thread).

But yes, that's the thing. I don't aspire to be a freaky mass monster. I just get easily sucked in to this whole thing. My plan as of now is for this to be my last bulk blast and then I don't want to get any bigger anymore after this. I just want to maintain as much as I can while being ripped from that point on. I only started using gear exactly one year ago but I have gone from 5'10 180lbs to 215lbs with the same bodyfat. 35lbs of muscle in one year! Right now I am 220lbs in the morning 2.5 weeks into this blast. I took way too long to get bloodwork and then when I saw these things get out of range that were perfect prior to starting, I just kind of faced the harsh reality that I am really taking risks with my health here. I knew it already but kind of turned a blind eye to it.

Do you think I can just ride out this 8 week blast and then just maintain on a low dose of test and hgh and see my bloodwork, mainly my cholesterol, get back to normal without shaving time off my lifespan?

So I got my bloodwork done on July 13th and my HDL was only 20 in a range of >30. This was about 4 weeks after stopping a blast of prop, tren a, and superdrol (this was stopped a week before prop and tren). When I took the blood test, I was on 500mg test e and 5iu ED of hgh.

I then got a little impatient and hopped on another blast on August 1st of prop, npp, slin (PWO 3x per week humalog), and dbol that I am currently doing now (along with 5iu HGH still).

I can't help but wonder if I am taking a serious risk as far as my HDL cholesterol goes. I only plan to use dbol and slin for 4 weeks (so about another week and a half) and then prop and npp for 8-10 weeks. HGH I have no plans on stopping.

Am I right to be very concerned right now? I have seen threads where people have reported HDL's as low as 6 but that was likely right after coming off a gear run. Or am I ok to just finish out these 8-10 weeks of this blast and then possibly come off everything (or keep a low dose of test and hgh) and try to recover my blood work values?

lessons I learned: 1. never take Superdrol again
2. don't get impatient and start blasts too early

Any help or experience would be appreciated
I'm not sure how to answer your question. But here's what I'm thinking - While your HDL is that low there is a much higher propensity for LDL to stick to the inner walls of your arteries.

Unfortunately the problem is that when you get off and normalize, even if you end up back in range, the cholesterol that stuck to the inner walls doesn't just come back off. It stays. So you really won't see the the negative effects of what you are doing until you get older and your arteries start losing their elasticity.

At that point you may have your first heart attack and end up with a stent or two or even more. This is assuming that at that advanced age you are in good enough health to live through the heart attack.

...just my 0.02 cents:cool:

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to answer your question. But here's what I'm thinking - While your HDL is that low there is a much higher propensity for LDL to stick to the inner walls of your arteries.

Unfortunately the problem is that when you get off and normalize, even if you end up back in range, the cholesterol that stuck to the inner walls doesn't just come back off. It stays. So you really won't see the the negative effects of what you are doing until you get older and your arteries start losing their elasticity.

At that point you may have your first heart attack and end up with a stent or two or even more. This is assuming that at that advanced age you are in good enough health to live through the heart attack.

...just my 0.02 cents:cool:

even if my LDL was in normal range? This is not worth a heart attack to me. I am turning 26 in a month and a half btw

You can reach your goals on HRT doses of test, blasting for 8-12 weeks on slightly higher doses, and then going completely off for equal amounts of time. GH is arguably a good add, but at 26 I'm not sure I'd even bother with it.

There's no turning back once you're on for years on end.

you need your estrogen in healthy limits to have good cholesterol readings. reduce the aromasin to 12.5mg eod or even drop it. you dont need any ais on 500mg and dont run orals at all. if you do this everything will be fin next time

you need your estrogen in healthy limits to have good cholesterol readings. reduce the aromasin to 12.5mg eod or even drop it. you dont need any ais on 500mg and dont run orals at all. if you do this everything will be fin next time

I actually was using arom at 12.5mg but I started getting puffy nipples go I upped it for that reason. That is another thing I am experiencing that I never had a problem with before

Yes that is me and thanks for the compliment. My legs are decent (I have pics but don't want to sidetrack the thread).

But yes, that's the thing. I don't aspire to be a freaky mass monster. I just get easily sucked in to this whole thing. My plan as of now is for this to be my last bulk blast and then I don't want to get any bigger anymore after this. I just want to maintain as much as I can while being ripped from that point on. I only started using gear exactly one year ago but I have gone from 5'10 180lbs to 215lbs with the same bodyfat. 35lbs of muscle in one year! Right now I am 220lbs in the morning 2.5 weeks into this blast. I took way too long to get bloodwork and then when I saw these things get out of range that were perfect prior to starting, I just kind of faced the harsh reality that I am really taking risks with my health here. I knew it already but kind of turned a blind eye to it.

Do you think I can just ride out this 8 week blast and then just maintain on a low dose of test and hgh and see my bloodwork, mainly my cholesterol, get back to normal without shaving time off my lifespan?
Its too late you are going to die buddy! Sorry.

You should probably cut out all fatty foods, alchohol, breathing, crossing the street, using artificial sweeteners and everything else that has been shown to shorten your lifespan too=-)

You will be fine if you come off and let your body go back to normal.

What happens if you do some really intense cardio, does extreme blood flow help this condition?

What happens if you do some really intense cardio, does extreme blood flow help this condition?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I admit I haven't found much time to do cardio lately since I work an 8-5 and my legs are sore half the week with lifting 5 days. The best time for me to do it would be post workout but I don't want it to interfere with growing muscle so PWO isn't a good option for me. I will make it a point to do it 3-4 times a week soon

I doubt you even have to perform it 3-4 x a week. I think a 1-2x a week set of really intense sprinting sessions, should be enough to work the heart to really push blood thru your arteries and veins and more or less "flush the pipes". Cardio is and always has been a vascularity system and heart improver.

Its too late you are going to die buddy! Sorry.

You should probably cut out all fatty foods, alchohol, breathing, crossing the street, using artificial sweeteners and everything else that has been shown to shorten your lifespan too=-)

You will be fine if you come off and let your body go back to normal.

O, do you think I will be fine and go back to normal if I come off now, after this blast, or both?

i think you should stay off the superdrol for a few months and then check again. that may be the whole issue.

I've taken pro hormones before and they're the only thing that's ever messed up my blood work.

you're 26 and it should be easy to get the hdl back up but you're going to have to commit to following through, man.

it is very tempting to continue blasting even with bad blood work if you feel like you're close to your goals.

Has your mom seen the blood test results? :D

Lol just busting your chops man

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member